Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istypops View Post
    It makes perfect sense, how would you like it if you were lets say an IT tech guy who has studied to repair computers and other office appliances, but some guy that has an interest in computers can fix it aswell, and a company asks him over you because he does it for free. How would you feel? Since this guy asks it to be done for his sports club that doesn't bring in any money I'm ok with it.
    I don't mind doing trivial work for free or at a great discount. Work that can easily be done by anyone with a little free time and access to google shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I work in the IT field, if someone just needs to be update their Java for them, I will happily do it for free. But if someone wants to install VM's and create images with varying configurations, I would be charging competitive prices.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    If your skills are those that people want in 15 minutes, and it took you four years to learn, you've done it wrong, not them. Plenty of people do it for free, or for $5 or something simple.
    I got paid the same thing for doing that as I would have if I had just continued to play the game I was playing, I had nothing else to do while at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    OP: If you get one made as a vector graphic, it can be scaled infinitely and lose no resolution, nor will it ever become pixellated when scaled.
    Kuja: What is Raggie's quest? I must know.
    I do as much of my work as I can as vector. I can't stand it when people send me their logo as a low res jpg and want me to make it look good when it prints. Photoshop images look great on the screen but unless that are a really high res they look bad when printed.
    Last edited by Ratboy; 2014-09-18 at 07:41 PM.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I got paid the same thing for doing that as I would have if I had just continued to play the game I was playing, I had nothing else to do while at work.

I do as much of my work as I can as vector. I can't stand it when people send me their logo as a low res jpg and want me to make it look good when it prints. Photoshop images look great on the screen but unless that are a really high res they look bad when printed.
    I love it on cop shows like CSI when they're like "Enhance the CCTV Camera Image." And with a push of a button the camera zooms 8000 percent and has perfect clarity.

*twitch*

Come on guys, I'm trying to hijack this thread. Won't more graphic artists reveal themselves?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it on cop shows like CSI when they're like "Enhance the CCTV Camera Image." And with a push of a button the camera zooms 8000 percent and has perfect clarity.

*twitch*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqkclCJsZs

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I cant view the Video because of my companies draconian server filters, but now i want to watch Super Troopers.

Haha! Exactly... Enhance it!

lol this thread went totally off the rails over one whine post.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    lol this thread went totally off the rails over one whine post.
    Well, to be fair, the topic was over once the product was provided. Anything after that is just us shooting the shit.

Well, to be fair, the topic was over once the product was provided. Anything after that is just us shooting the shit.
    yeah but it was hard to read that post without the sound of crying babies in my head
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    yeah but it was hard to read that post without the sound of crying babies in my head
    LMAO! Thanks for the image/sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes perfect sense, how would you like it if you were lets say an IT tech guy who has studied to repair computers and other office appliances, but some guy that has an interest in computers can fix it aswell, and a company asks him over you because he does it for free. How would you feel? Since this guy asks it to be done for his sports club that doesn't bring in any money I'm ok with it.
    You make it sound like it's mandatory to go to the professionals and completely disregard the guys who'll do it for free. That's bullshit, and very elitist of you.

If people want to do it for free on their own time, that's entirely up to them. Good on them for wanting to help people out without being a stuck-up snob about wanting money for it.

As far as your rather asinine comment about IT, I'm no professional, I've never been to school, but I do all the IT work for my family and I've also VOLUNTEERED to do it for small businesses at times. Not everybody is out to make money for everything they do. Do people go to school for it? Sure, and they usually get jobs that pay them well for it. I didn't go to school, and I am more than willing to help people with stuff if I can because I like the EXPERIENCE. And because, you know, being NICE to people is becoming such a rarity these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    This makes a little mad, I'm sorry. I am learning to become a webdesigner/webdeveloper and I'm learning how to make logos and other images relevant to websites. It makes my eyes twitch when people come along and ask you to work for free because 'you can make that in 5 minutes'. But I did go to college for 4 years and paid tuition and other expenses to learn how to make this in 5 minutes. I'm glad you got what you wanted, but maybe consider contacting a graphic designer next time and pay them a few bucks to make something nice.
    Lesson 1 of being a webdesigner: A logo resize is not something you charge money for.
    Lesson 2 of being a webdesigner: A logo resize is not something to cry over.

This makes a little mad, I'm sorry. I am learning to become a webdesigner/webdeveloper and I'm learning how to make logos and other images relevant to websites. It makes my eyes twitch when people come along and ask you to work for free because 'you can make that in 5 minutes'. But I did go to college for 4 years and paid tuition and other expenses to learn how to make this in 5 minutes. I'm glad you got what you wanted, but maybe consider contacting a graphic designer next time and pay them a few bucks to make something nice.
    If it makes you feel any better I did sell a few orders of business cards today at 800% markup.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Come on guys, I'm trying to hijack this thread. Won't more graphic artists reveal themselves?!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted

*twitch*

Oh... And don't think it's just CSI.

Hell... Even the supergenius that is MacGyver is completely lost when it comes to computers and images, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sick of getting shit thrown at me because I believe in paying people for their work, is that so bad?
    That depends entirely on the mindset of the artist and how much effort that would go into it.

I believe anything that can be done within an hour or less is not something you normally charge for, especially if its done during downtime ( the guy that helped here said he was bored so... )

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    [IMG]https://7139a07cda2b70923cda1da1aed80b688d99022f.googledrive.com/host/0B6YuIue9RPSbZTdLbTNzWjAxUFk/lunchs.png[IMG]
    I'll take that as a "PM me." (And I am PMing him, people.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I was bored at work so I recreated what you had.

If you do like this I can send you a vector version that printing/sign places can use for much larger printing.
    You are so cool :P

You spent 4 years to learn how to make a logo in 5 minutes? Damn son, that's some wasted time right there.

Logos, simple banners, etc... those should be free and serve as advertisement for their skills, if anything. How much money would you ask for a logo of this size and difficulty? $50? $5? For 5 minutes of easy work, I'd think any amount of money is too much.

OP did not request a logo with all their players on them, some hard to draw backgrounds, or whatever.