Quote Originally Posted by wilsim View Post
How is the 200k'ish hp we have in WoD higher than the 1000k we have in mist?
He also said that you shouldn't pay attention to the actual numbers. "Those are not the official numbers but a example."
reducing numbers by 10 or 20 does not make scaling any different... also they are doubling hp to allow both more reaction time in pve and at the same time reduce pvp damage compared to hp pools. So his statement is completely wrong.. Scaling works in the same manner as it always did. And blizzard have said the same countless times before an expansion that they want healing choices to matter.... why do I still have infinite mana at the end of every single expansion....
On the other hand though it won't go as far if blizzard follows through on their 2 tier expansion plan.

TL;DR the numbers are lower, but scaling or values compared to eachother is not any different, it was even part of the plan with the stat squish... so no the 200k vs 1000k is not higher... it's exactly the same.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
I levelled a toon in shitty MOP dungeon gear from 90 to 100, then geared up in 630 blues.

The DPS increase during that time was about, oh, 15-18k? Bear in mind that I am doing respectable damage. Not top-of-the-range world class, but I'm a guy who can stand out in the guild roster in hardmodes.

At this rate we will probably lurk around Firelands-level DPS at the end.

The scaling is very, very slow.
well not sure what shitty mop dungeon gear, but ever since wotlk -> cata and cata -> I've been experiencing a significant dps loss during the levelling process while lvl 100 is far worse. ending up with less dps that you had at previous expansion lvls. 15k wotlk -> 10k if even that in cata dungeons then 30-50k in DS -> 30-40k in mop dungeons.

but I can't really compare that to now as that was last tier mixed hc/normal gear.