Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I could not stand the cast of FFX. Just so obnoxious.

I still don't see what people saw in that game. The characters were annoying, the plot was uninteresting, the whole concept of "People who die can just be...not dead...if they want or if some priest thingy person doesn't send them away." was probably the dumbest thing I ever saw in a game.

But hey, people like what they like, so I can't fault them for loving it.
    The plot itself was pretty meh, if not completely depressing. "Oh look, the world got ravaged due to technology and now we have the embodiment of Satan roaming around randomly killing lots of people. If you pray to the church, though, everything will be hunky dory as our martyrs go get the MacGuffin from Jesus to extend a false sense of hope and continue the cycle of death and killing! Oh wait, the church is also filled with corrupt undead ministers and uses more technology than the entire rest of the world combined! Oh well. Time to kill God!"
    To be fair, though, the concept of dying and only remaining because of a singular purpose that defies death itself is actually an interesting plot point. It just was a little too convenient.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Of those, I've played X-2, XII and XIII.

X-2 was great, even without being aware of the story of X. Interesting combat system, great exploration. Felt traditional with some flavor. This was one of my gateway games to the Final Fantasy series, along with Tactics A2.

XII is nothing like that but in the best way possible (imo). Throws traditional turn based out the window, goes back to the high fantasy Ivalice style, complex ability minutiae, a metric butt-ton of weapons, armors and spells to unlock, many being completely viable, and some of the most fantastic enemy and character design I've seen from Square. Very Star Wars-esque story. Absolute favourite Final Fantasy game of all time.

XIII, I didn't give much of a chance, and I disliked what I played of it, aside from the combat system. Hoping XV will be a breath of fresh air from the stagnance that XIII stood me in.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    The plot itself was pretty meh, if not completely depressing.
    To be fair, though, the concept of dying and only remaining because of a singular purpose that defies death itself is actually an interesting plot point. It just was a little too convenient.
    I agree...
    You know what I never understood about X was why they didn't have Summoner's with the final Aeon on standby for at least the CHANCE that Sin comes back....I mean I would have 2 summoners with the final Aeon at a time when one goes in and kills sin with theirs the next one is ready for when Sin comes back...keeps the destruction at bay and Calms last longer simply because the time when Sin's around is shorter and shorter

But that's none of my buisness

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    That would make too much sense. And as we saw of Spira, well, sense is a relatively rare quality.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    FFX and FFX-2 most definitely, both amazing games! The series died for me though after that, everything after FFX-2 sucks IMO. I have 12 and 13 but hated the battle sysytem so much I never bothered to play more than a couple hours of each. Haven't bought any FF games since.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I agree...
    You know what I never understood about X was why they didn't have Summoner's with the final Aeon on standby for at least the CHANCE that Sin comes back....I mean I would have 2 summoners with the final Aeon at a time when one goes in and kills sin with theirs the next one is ready for when Sin comes back...keeps the destruction at bay and Calms last longer simply because the time when Sin's around is shorter and shorter

That was against the terms of their bargain. You do realize the Faith of Yevon had a deal with Yu Yevon, right? It was basically, you worship me, and I won' kill all of you with my giant suit of bio armor. Everything else was just fluff to keep the people complacent. It was Yu Yevon's idea to kill him every once in awhile so he could get a new body and to give the people false hope. It seems irrational because that was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    -snip-
    That honestly makes a lot of sense. I never thought about it that way before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed all the games to a certain extent except for XII. The combat was so awful to me. With the XIII series being released on steam, there's almost no reason to not pick them up at some point.