Thread: need a review

need a review

I am about to order parts for my first build: Budget of 950$(less is always better)(USA)

CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core $234.66

Motherboard ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 $99.99

Memory G.Skill NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $78.99

Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD $129.99

Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR $219.99

Case Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower $69.99

Power Supply XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V $59.98

Mouse Razer Razer Naga 2014 Wired Laser $52.99
    Total:947$
    questions: does this look good? is there anything I can get cheaper for the same performance?
    I will overclock in the future just don't have the money for the extra cooler.
    Hardest thing for me has been cases, just don't know whats really a quality case and how much is just wasting money for what I have.

last question is there any vendors on Parts picker that I should shy away from?
    Last edited by lawless; 2014-09-17 at 12:19 AM.

I would change the SSD to this 256GB MX100 for $111, the Memory to this Team Vulcan 8GB Kit for $70 and the Power Supply to this Rosewill Arc for $59with a $20 rebate.

A alternative to the Naga could be the Logitech G600 as, i'm not sure if this applies to that specific mouse, Razer mouses are a bit iffy when it comes to reliability, or at least certain models seem to be that way.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

thank you for you tips, changed my list already.
    I wasn't aware that the naga 2014 was such a piece of crap. I have one of the originals that finally died and was pretty happy with it, also have a death addler. the 2014 is getting really bad reviews of it not lasting long at all. I think ill make the switch to logitech.

Quote Originally Posted by lawless View Post
    I wasn't aware that the naga 2014 was such a piece of crap.
    It might not be, there are just some models that have a pretty high failure rate which is why I stated "i'm not sure if this applies to that specific mouse".

There are a couple other MMO-mouse options you can see in this thread, though they generally have more problems and perform a bit worse than other mouses(that lack the extra side-buttons) such at the G400s.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I did a little looking, that model has a bad failure rate

Deleted
    The newer naga's seem to be a hit or miss, i still use the old cataclysm one and after i think 3years or something is going strong. I would hold on to the mmo-mouse atm unless you have been on beta. With all the spells cutdowns will probably don't need all that extra buttons on a mouse.

Made a few changes and added cpu cooler.

You can get a better board if you go for 950 after rebates.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.66 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($76.50 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($219.99 @ Micro Center)
    Case: Fractal Design FD-CA-CORE-3500-BL-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse Wired Laser Mouse ($58.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $937.09
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-17 02:22 EDT-0400