Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And again: We have seen no sign of any Old Gods on planets that weren't special. The Arakkoa once ATTEMPTED to summon an Old God, but never succeeded.

Yet Azeroth has four. Why so many on Azeroth and none on Draenor?

1) Source for 'Azeroth has blown up multiple times'
    because they hadnt gotten to draenor yet?

just like how humans havent gotten to mars yet. asking why there arent old gods on draenor just because the titans were there is like asking why if there was likely life on mars why humans arent on mars.

the answer is simple. the universe is vast, its large. the old gods had only just started corrupting draenor by whispering too it. theres no reason to assume that had we not stopped the arrakoa in bc or stopped them before they got started in wod that the old gods wouldnt be having a party over there by now.

also really? you need a source for azeroth having blown up multiple times? there was an entire trilogy about it and an entire expansion about the 2nd time it happened
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because they hadnt gotten to draenor yet?

just like how humans havent gotten to mars yet. asking why there arent old gods on draenor just because the titans were there is like asking why if there was likely life on mars why humans arent on mars.

the answer is simple. the universe is vast, its large. the old gods had only just started corrupting draenor by whispering too it. theres no reason to assume that had we not stopped the arrakoa in bc or stopped them before they got started in wod that the old gods wouldnt be having a party over there by now.

also really? you need a source for azeroth having blown up multiple times? there was an entire trilogy about it and an entire expansion about the 2nd time it happened
    I think you're mistaking a horrible planet altering catastrophe for a planet exploding, Draenor exploded (imploded?) into outlands, azeroth had an explosion, but the planet remained intact just irrevocably altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    I restate my previous opinion. If the titans have indeed fallen, then just about anyone with ties to a demon would be privy to that information. The odds that lesser demons would keep quite about the down fall of an ancient enemy are slim. Having us learn about the fall of the titans through wrathion is a poor way of going about it.
    game mechanics.

in lore we arent exactly buddies with our demons, and the average warlock doesnt really give a shit about the titans or even knows much about it.

why would a lesser demon just tell us the titans have fallen? weve never even met the titans. the majority of people on azeroth dont even believe theyre real.

saying "we killed the titans" to a mortal is a bit like if a terrorist said they killed santa clause.

we as heroes know the titans exist. some top tier people know the titans exist. but nobody really cares except maybe wrathion and a couple dwarves
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Azeroth is a Titan fetus. Dun dun dun.
    Titans need a new "Sargeras".

Titans fixated on azeroth, create multiple races to guard this planet in particularly.

Lore team implies that Azeroth is a "particularly special" planet.

Something buried beneath Tirisfal.

Mogu apparently must "rebuild the final titan." note that this isn't Ra-den, because these are the messages that come from the energy of Lei Shen's heart, assumed to be a part of the lightning energy after he stole it from Ra-den. This would imply that it was a message TO ra-den.

The comment Wrathion makes before that quote "but one above all others" clearly referencing the world of Azeroth.

"We have fallen" possibly implying the universal failure of the titans on Azeroth. Virtually everything titan-related has succumbed to Old God influence.

The thing under Tirisfal is "not an old god, but very disturbing". An undeveloped, tainted, incomplete lifeless titan body would be pretty disturbing.

Granted, it's all just speculation. But it's something funny to think about.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the Old Gods were all that mattered, the Titans would have reoriginated the planet and ended their threat without another thought. The planet wouldn't be corrupted any longer because the corruption would be wiped out along with the Old Gods, and the planet would grow as the Titans wanted it to. There needs to be a reason that they didn't just reoriginate the planet then but are fully willing to now. You don't have one? Then there's something there that the Titans do not want to get rid of.
    We already known killing the Old Gods is catastrophic. Wiping them out completely could damage the world, which is exactly why they locked them up in the first place.

And you also doesn't realize that the re-origination wouldn't kill the Old Gods. The purpose of it is to wipe out the (likely-corrupted) inhabitants of Azeroth. They didn't re-originate in the first place because they didn't need to.

False. We do not know what made Azeroth special, and to claim it must have been there in the creation of the planet is just a baseless claim. Like I said: There is absolutely no way to tell what made Azeroth special. It could be the interference of the Old Gods. It could be the creation of the Well of Eternity. It could even be the Titan's own interference in fighting the Old Gods. We do not know. But them not reoriginating the planet does not make sense unless whatever it is they do not want to get rid of will not exist after reorigination.
    Dude, you're the one that said they were drawn to Azeroth because of its special power.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    game mechanics.

in lore we arent exactly buddies with our demons, and the average warlock doesnt really give a shit about the titans or even knows much about it.

why would a lesser demon just tell us the titans have fallen? weve never even met the titans. the majority of people on azeroth dont even believe theyre real.

saying "we killed the titans" to a mortal is a bit like if a terrorist said they killed santa clause.

we as heroes know the titans exist. some top tier people know the titans exist. but nobody really cares except maybe wrathion and a couple dwarves
    I figured the way it would happen is that a warlock summons his imp who was partying at the time, when questioned on wtf the was doing the imp would reply "THE TITANS ARE DEAD, LET'S FUCKING PARTY" followed by drunk rambling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, so the limitless number of Old Gods in the universe haven't gotten to the planet not too far off from the one with four, possibly five.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    ...what? Do you even understand probability?

And again: If the Old Gods were the issue, they could have reoriginated the planet rather than placing thousands of constructs all over the planet.
    they were going to do exactly that in wrath.

where is your evidence they dont try to lock up old gods on other planets?

kosak said the titans have killed loads of old gods out in space but found out that when you kill an old god it taints the land and if you kill enough old gods on one planet it completely destroys the planet/taints it beyond repaid which is why after they killed ya'shaarj they decided to lock the rest up otherwise azeroth would die.

weve been on a total of TWO planets.

you keep acting as if azeroth is a total enigma as if youve been zooming across the universe in a tardis.

theres no evidence that azeroth is super special outside of a self filing prophecy by velen about an army of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post

The thing under Tirisfal is "not an old god, but very disturbing". An undeveloped, tainted, incomplete lifeless titan body would be pretty disturbing.
    You know what is more disturbing than that? An Atropal of D&D (stillborn undead god fetus)

this image is much better (less disturbing) than the old image.

Right, so the limitless number of Old Gods in the universe haven't gotten to the planet not too far off from the one with four, possibly five.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    azeroth IS NOT "not too far off" from azeroth.

its in a completely different part of the universe. us being able to see azeroth at black temple is due to outland being sent to the twisting nether bending the fabric of reality allowing us to see places from a distance they arent really at.

blizzard has said before that outland isnt anywhere near azeroth and thats just twisting nether magic allowing us to see it.

and the old gods are far from limitless, however you know what is pretty much limitless?

the universe. the universe is a BIG place. all evidence points to azeroths universe being around the same size as ours which means its insanely huge and theres many many planets to corrupt along the way.

the old gods also cant just plop down on a planet. they have to corrupt it first, send ambasadors, trick/convince the inhabitants to worship them and then FINALLY have the inhabitants summon them in.

the arrakoa in bc were very close to getting to the final step.

you act like the old gods werent interested in draenor when we know FOR A FACT that they were. they just hadnt gotten there yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    We believe that, yes. Yet killing C'thun and Yogg'Saron has done nothing.

Y'shraaj's death was catastrophic. But he was only the first to die, and the ONLY one to have corrupted anything upon death. And again: Reoriginating the planet with the Old Gods on it would kill the Old Gods.
    We didn't even kill them. We pushed them back into their prison.

Yes, they did. Because re-origination WOULD wipe out the Old Gods. That is exactly what it's intended to do.

If it didn't wipe out the Old Gods, reorigination would be pointless because it would simply get re-corrupted.
    The point of it was to wipe out the corrupted aspect so they could come back and make sure it was done right this time. If they could just wipe out the Old Gods, they would have done that in the first place. And they wouldn't have even had to re-originate the planet to do it. They could have just murdered them flat out, like they did with Y'shaarj.

I said they MIGHT have been. I truly believe they were. But to assume it was there at any point in time with no proof is also idiocy.
    This statement is incredibly ironic. I was trying to shoot down your theory that the Titans came here because it was special, and then you go off on a tangent saying it might not even be the case. You're contradicting yourself, buddy.

Yes, they found this out BY KILLING Y'SHRAAJ. They had not been to ANY other planet with Old Gods nor killed Old Gods before this point else they'd have not killed Y'shraaj, knowing it would corrupt the land around it.
    lies

kosak clearly says theyve killed LOADS of old gods. that isnt me making up anything thats exactly what he said LOADS.

some worlds are beyond repair. some arent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    We didn't even kill them. We pushed them back into their prison.
    this yogg saron was locked up again by the watchers. cthun is regenerating. neither are dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    who said that?
    Me?
    /10chars

15+ Year Old Account
    False, as destroying all of the old gods would destroy the planet as well.
    Yet in your previous post you argue how killing C'thun and Yogg did nothing in response to my post about how the Titans locked up the Old Gods specifically because killing them would damage Azeroth.

You keep contradicting yourself, man. I'm not sure if it's because you just want this argument to go on forever or what, but it's getting tiring at this point. Stick with your stance on something and stop switching back and forth whenever it suits your needs.

Source please. In the comic, Med'an is clearly on top of C'thun's CORPSE as Cho'gal attempts to bring him back to life. And the corpse is whispering to him.

Then why kill Y'shraaj? They should know if they've killed loads of Old Gods that they corrupt the world around them when they die.
    cthun was whispering because hes regenerating. sacrificing me'dan simply wouldve sped that up a little bit.

and as i said, some worlds are too far gone.

kosak said they decided to save azeroth instead of destroy it.

sometimes the titans save worlds sometimes they just destroy them.

Source.

Or just drop in and corrupt things, because you know... They can mind control things even from their prisons. So outside of their prisons, they're able to do much, MUCH more.

Again: Source.

They were not until long after it turned into Outlands. Coincidentally sharing a portal with Azeroth, no less.
    you continue to ask for sources for things that are common knowledge to people who follow the lore. if you dont even knoiw about the arrakoa summoning an old god in bc then you arent worth arguing with.

if you cant be arsed to keep up to date with your info you dont have a right to argue about things

You mean -this- one?
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

I'm fully aware the Arakkoa attempted to summon an Old God in BC, so shove that one right up your ass.

I asked for a source on "the arrakoa in bc were very close to getting to the final step." Or can you not read?

Where does it say they were close to the final step?
    the final step IS SUMMONING THE OLD GOD

what part of that do you not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    You mean -this- one?
    no, this http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...6jxfo1_400.jpg but that can work too

That proves absolutely nothing towards your statement that they were close. WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT THEY WERE CLOSE TO THE FINAL STEP?

There is nothing that states that. You made it up. Meaning you actually have no idea how close they were to finishing. For all you know, they just started.
    IDK dude, I get that the whole idea of summoning an old god is a pretty intangible thing, but there was a pretty memorable questline with a bunch of Arroaka channeling beams and shit around a big ghostly version of C'thun. IDK about you but I'm prepared to shit my pants when I see that, whether that's the EARLY part of the summoning stage or the LATEST part, its still the summoning stage.

What do we have to do for you, provide a screen shot of the Arroaka's questlog?

25/25 Draenic Runestones
    0/1 Summon Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.