Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Triple play where I caught the ball, tagged someone who had started running from second base too early, and threw it back to first to get the last out.

Deleted
    I used to play amateur football (soccer) on the right attacking midfield/winger. We were 1-1 last 5mins, against the best team in the league - who were throwing everything at us and we looked as though we were conceding another, were hanging on by a thread, left defence punted a ball about 60yds across field to clear danger, I sprinted after the cross and just lashed at it to thump it away and waste some time.

I caught it on the volley, from about 30yards out, I didn't even see it coming over my head, just swung a crazy boot at it. Hit it perfectly and it rifled across the keeper right into the 'postage stamp'. Next thing I knew my team is going apeshit and we hung on to win 2-1. Ref came up after the game put his hand on my shoulder and said it was literally the best goal he had ever seen in his life. This was in the 90's so not every monkey and their uncle had a camera phone - bah!

So meant it. 100% My moment.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played defensive nose tackle in HS in a 3-4 defense.

Was the night we played our cross town rivals and we were down by a touchdown. THey had the ball with 20 seconds left in the game. Our QB was our Jay Cutler/Andy Dalton and had just thrown his third pick of the night. I tried to stop the QB from taking a knee by getting a little aggressive against a linemen who was playing like the game was already over. He retaliated against me after the whistle, causing a personal foul penalty that stopped the clock at roughly 13 seconds until the final whistle. This ensued a 4th down punt on their 5 yardline because of some weird regulations by our high school athletic association.

I thought the game was over regardless, but our defense was ready to try to block the punt. After an inspiring huddle prior to the snap, I was ready to try to pull off what seemed to be a miracle. After the snap, I did a swim move against a blocker and before I could even leap to try to block it, "Peaboy", one of our "skills" players, came from the left hand side to block the punt and the ball bounced on the 3/2 yardline. I managed to pick up the ball and take a few steps into the endzone for my only career touchdown.

We would go on to win the game in triple overtime with a 34-33 score due to their kicker missing an extra point attempt. It was also the first time we beat our rivals in six years.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-12-23 at 11:32 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hit 2 grand slams in one inning in high school gym class softball...

i've had lots of big moments, mostly at small time sporting events stuff (babe ruth baseball, jv football, wrestling, im basketball, im flag football), but the thing that stands out most recently was during bowling league a couple of years ago...

we were front running our league for nearly the entire season, only to regress back to average during the final month. we could have put away the championship in the second to last week of the season if we had won a single game. i was absent and we failed to do that. that meant going into the last week we simply had to win a single game to capture the championship, as it was placement week we were playing the 2nd team. the first game goes by, i'm bowling pretty well dropping a 226, i was carrying a 175 average in a handicapped league, as the rest of my team just flounders and we get smoked. not a problem, we have two more chances to settle in and pick up a game. second game starts and i'm bowling out of my mind, rolling a 265 while my team all miss their averages by 20-ish pins a piece. we lose badly again.

normally i'm the kind of person that gets a little down when things go south, yet during the first two games i maintained a positive attitude and expressed confidence to my team mates despite the lack of performance. as the third game started, the rest of the team got hot, like red hot. we rolled so well as a team that we bowled something around an 1100 game before handicap, unfortunately for us our opponents also caught fire and despite our best efforts we were down in the final frame by 26 pins with me up to close. i had cooled off considerably from the previous two games, and was sitting 175 with an open ninth, so i would need to get at least two strikes in the final frame for us to even have a chance. no extra drama needed, as i stepped up and i knocked down three strikes in a row as the rest of the league watched, finishing up with a pedestrian 205, but my career high series at 696 and the league championship!

i thought perhaps my rah-rah attitude during the match would have annoyed my teammates, however they said the exact opposite. that my performance as well as my attitude helped convince them that we could win. and that is how 32 Weeks Later won the league and the trophy, a trophy that still is on display at a local bar.