Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played in the little league world series in 1992. Lost to Long Beach, CA in the US bracket finals 1-0. They went on and spanked the World bracket winner to win it all.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    I used to be a pretty good goalkeeper, I remember making some amazing saves but they weren't really moments.

I did hit a six to win a game of cricket with only two or three balls to spare. That's probably a moment, but it was more luck than judgement.

My best holy shit moment was probably scoring a 25 yard volley with my left foot at a summer holiday park football tournament final. I'm a righty, but I was being closed down on my right side, so I decided to hit it with my left. Top corner. It was pretty cool.

Never was a good cross country runner in high school, but I started pole vaulting half way through my senior year. Within 4-ish months I had placed first in regional competitions and went to represent my school in state competition. That was fun. Unfortunately my university didn't have pole vaulting in their track club so that was as far as I went with it.

In 6th grade my team won the championship at the local bowling leagues. From there I went on to win my first 5 NFL superbowls.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd year Soccer(Euro Football) Goalie
    1 year Pre-highschool
    Canada

First game against the number one team we lost in double digits to nothing. I wasn't in net but it really wouldn't have mattered, our team dropped the game and our back up had 0 chance.

The rematch was a muggy and wet game and I was in net. After the first half it was 1-0 us and I had saved more shots than I usually saved in an entire game. I was making hockey stops on some of them and really don't know how I managed to keep the ball out.

Unfortunately I was tired, our D was tired and even our O and Mid was tired in the second half. I conceded two goals on half as many shots, which was still quite a bit. We were definitely disappointed but we managed to hold the number one team to a 1 goal victory so we were still pretty proud of that considering the prior massacre.

I remember it as the night that I faced an ungodly number of shots and managed to keep most of them out!
    My Partner does vegan food art @Monaco's Kitchen:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Monacos-Kit...age_fan_invite
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monacoskitchen/

county basketball tournament, i was a 6'2" C that weighed all of 175lbs at the time but we had no real big men. we were playing a team with at least 9000 3pt shooters and 1 guy who i got to guard, he was 6'9" 200lbs.

everything just clicked that game and we won when we weren't supposed to, i put up 17/27/11 and knew in the 3rd i was in the zone. i was getting every board, making the big tall goofy fucker my bitch, pushing him around, getting higher than him, putting it back in his face and eve got a block on his tall ass. thing i remember most though was on a fast break they got back so i took the ball down into the post and had to back it out but our guard was cutting down the middle and i hit him with a no look bounce pass for an easy layup

normal game for me was 8/15/3 and my points were rarely anything but a putback off an offensive board, i could jump with anyone and had a knack for rebounding but couldn't shoot for shit and we mostly ran a boring ass motion offense with the ball rarely coming into the post since we again, had no real big men

but that game was the highlight of my athletic career, broke my neck my senior year and didn't get to play small college ball, real life hit me hard and had to get a job

During a mechanized assault, as vehicle commander in a reconnaissance element, I took my squad around the enemies flank to investigate the strength of their armor - tanks. Upon finding a suitable position from which to scout, my team and I relayed back what we had found, one lone tank, and were then given the order to fire. As I began the pre-fire checklist I got another call over the secure coms. My Staff Sergeant informed me that there were friendlies advancing down that same corridor of fire and that I only had ten seconds to engage my target or risk hitting allies. He then began counting down from ten over the radio.

"Target acquired" I said.
    My A gunner yells out 'Backblast area all secure, GUN UP!' I can hear the mechanism click as he locks the missile tube into place.
    I can hear the radio too, though I'm not paying attention to the numbers, as the staff sergent counts down '4, 3, 2, 1."
    "Fire in the hole!" I yelled as I squeezed the red button with my thumb.

There is an ear piercing whine as the missile gyros' up and blasts forward. It flies over 2 miles in less than 12 seconds, trailing a golden filament of wire behind it. This wire is connected to the launch unit and is what transmits tracking data to the flight fins of this particular item of ordanence. By looking through high powered optics I am then able to make the missile go up and down and side to side until it finnaly finds its mark on the enemies armor.

There was a small explosion, the first explosive charge of the TOW2 missile - designed to neutralize reactive armor, followed immediately by a larger, the main explosive charge. The enemy tank had been neutralized. Our friendlies began engaging enemy elements in the area very soon after, just as the staff sergeant had said.

There must have been some miscommunication somewhere though, for upon debriefing I began to get and earful from the staff sergeant. He perceived that I had fired after he had finished counting and wanted to make a big deal out of it. Fortunately for me, I had other Marines with me: some Corporals and a Gunner (Bursting Bombs, that is), who corroborated that not only had I fired within the countdown, but that I had done it in such a way as to prove that our training truly does impact our real life reactions.

One of the memorable moments of my military career.

Deleted
    winning the egg & spoon race at my nursery school!!

Deleted
    A few years ago I damaged my elbow which made me lose a lot of muscles. But before that I could do 34 chins! And that was and still is the record I think :-D

Home run in Babe Ruth league off a fastball pitcher ( guy had been throwing 75 -80 MPH fastballs since he was 10). It was the only one I ever had, I was always more of a placement hitter. My mom was one of these that would take me and put me in the fast batting cages as a little kid, so seeing his stuff felt normal and if I remember right I averaged about .750 against this guy which no one could ever figure out cause he just dominated most batters. So knowing this he decided he would throw me a knuckle ball instead of a fastball, he hung it and I drove it over the outfield lights.

Still to this day I don't know where that power came from, but the stands erupted and they were chanting my name. The kid went on to pitch in the minors and is now the baseball coach at one of the local high schools. Went for band in high school over athletics ( I was begged to play by the baseball coach), but I knew I had a much better shot at a scholarship in music ( which I got ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntlord View Post
    But before that I could do 34 chins!

15+ Year Old Account
    Never much for organized sport, but I've crossed a few mountains with a crapload of supplies on my back.

Deleted
    Smacked a Basketball that nearly went in our hoop out, bounced off the board and before it went in I managed to somehow smack it out, game was a tie and there was about 5-7 seconds left, College game, there weren't that many people watching but those who were started screaming like they were on crack, pretty cool moment.

95 yard kickoff return in the playoffs and seeing yourself on 9&10 News!

Got into the semi-finals of my regional tennis tournament when I was 14.

Finished 3rd but could have been in the finals if it wasn't for an inept umpire.

10+ Year Old Account
    My entire sophomore year of high school was the best I'd ever been physically looking back on it. Had I had better emotional control and didn't live with a bad mother (dad was gone for 4 years straight) though she's a bit better now I'd probably wouldn't have had as many breakdowns as I did. Sophomore year I was considered one of the top 3 on my varsity team for soccer (our team had 3 really solid players including myself, the rest was kind of meh and that held us down on a lot) and I was doing cross country at the same time.

Fast forward to spring and I'm doing golf (I only did this to get out of school early and my school wasn't very good so it was easy to make the team plus we played on very very nice courses for free) and track. Hands down track was when I was in the best physical condition I'd ever been in my entire life, I was sprinting faster than I ever had and my long distance running was the best it ever was. I remember going to states and they used a backup team for our 4x200m and I just blew everyone out of the dust and even caught the two guys in front of me real easily after I was handed the baton.

I move schools junior year and it sucks, I don't know the coach and he only plays players who he knows so I pretty much ride the bench. I had motherfucking parents and people that I went to school with wondering why the fuck I wasn't being played and every time I went on there was a notable difference, shame I didn't party like most of the soccer team. Had I, I'd probably be a bit more ingrained with the team but I saw it as business. A lot of bad shit happened that year before first semester ended, crazy mother threw my ass in jail after she attacked me and I said enough was enough and punched her to get her off of me. Calls cops and I get arrested.

Needless to say after that I was never really same for a good long while, it was only more recently in the past year I've found better emotional control and I credit that with my dad being back. With that said I'm more into competitive gaming now and trying to get to the top of the ladder on LoL though I still go outside and play soccer on my own sometimes just to remember what I was becoming sophomore year...

This has made sad, looking back I was on my way to college ball... The worst part is, I see guys I used to play soccer with playing college ball and I could easily play on teams like they do even now (would just have to run and get my fitness up which isn't hard). Fuck, what's even stopping me? O.o

Oh yeah also went to state's semifinals freshman year for varsity soccer (we had the best team ever and I was the only freshman on it) and played the only other team that was really contending for it and we lost in extra time 1-0. :/

Shame we beat them once and tied them the other time earlier in the season.

I guess if I had a moment, being the flashy footwork guy I was I mardonna'd the best defender on the other team (best team in the state) and I just remember breaking concentration and hearing the entire huge crowd going, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH" and "GET FUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!".
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-11-22 at 05:48 AM.
    Hey everyone

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably when in 6th grade when I was so much ahead in growth compared to any other kid in any of the schools in our city... or at least I was the only big guy who actually did sports. Was funny being 2-3 heads taller than the rest.

In that years inter-school track and field competition I won gold in like 6 different sports. If my memory serves me correct it was 60 meter dash, 100 meter dash, high jump, long jump, triple jump and shot put. And I didnt really even practice those outside of PE.

But it's not really that impressive since I was pretty much a freak of nature at that age compared to most of my peers. Pretty much a 12 year old with a 14-16 year olds physique. Got bullied a lot for it too as I was too nice to actually hit people when they were mean towards me :P

But needless to say I felt pretty good about myself and I didnt really get bullied that much after that either ^^

PS. I'm not THAT huge compared to others nowadays, though (6'5 / 196cm). I just grew and developed really early compared to most people :P

I once had an inside the park homerun with 2 men on to secure one of the final wins of the season. That's probably my best memory, I'm not going to pretend I was a power hitter back then lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Won a competitive DDR tournament.

Not sporty enough for you? Obviously you guys haven't competed in DDR tournaments. You have to be quite athletic in all honesty.

Fine, I'll pick a sport that other people recognize. When I got to college, I was already a big guy. 6'3'' 240 lbs. Most people on my floor just assumed I couldn't play sports that well and none of the guys asked me if I wanted to participate in intramurals or try out for a team. For the most part I didn't mind as I tend to be more interested in musical pursuits anyways. One night the floor jock stopped by my room and said that their hockey team was short one player and he was looking for anyone to fill it. I never did a whole lot of traditional sports...EXCEPT hockey. I played hockey everyday of my life as a kid, and while I hadn't played in a few years, some of that was still in the back of my mind. Our team ended up winning the match 5-3, and I scored 3 of our goals. It was freaking awesome looking at the faces of all the people that thought I would be dead weight on the team. Never assume the 6'3'' 240 lb kid doesn't play hockey, yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    mine was when I went into wrestling practice right after running all summer doing 3 miles in 18 minutes'ish really makes almost any other kind of training a joke. I was in so much better shape than everyone else it was a great feeling. Workin to get back up to that.