Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The shortcomings of some specs are pretty severe though. Rogues probably have it the worst. Enh shamans and ret pallies are pretty awful too.

Melee in general are bad, and many of them do not bring the kind of utility that's vital in CMs.
    rofl, arms warrior is just insane FYI. It can peak at 500k dps in aoe pull you call that bad ? lmao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Brew Monk/Disc Priest/Frostmage/BM Hunt+X
    You are totally wrong. Brewmaster is probably the worst tank right now in wod, Disc priest with smart healing gone would fall a lot, as for dps i may say frost mage, survival hunter(its gonna be buff soon i think) and Ele shaman/lock? i think melees are gonna be bad always due to some pulls doing heavy melee cleaving damage forcing them to step back.

Deleted
    arms warrior cleave is insane on wod im sure it will be very good for cms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    rofl, arms warrior is just insane FYI. It can peak at 500k dps in aoe pull you call that bad ? lmao
    Yea it's bad when you die in 1 sec as melee (see MSP or SSB trash as an example)

MoP was only the first iteration of Challenge Modes. I'm sure they will improve on them in WoD. I thought they were done pretty well honestly, I have like 5 characters already golded and working on 2 more.

I just hope they make melee better for them. Going on my lock/shaman/mage was MUCH easier than my rogue lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Yea it's bad when you die in 1 sec as melee (see MSP trash as an example)
    thats a good example 'coz its like the only trash pack in the whole cms where u can insta die with or without skill.
    melee is viable, players are shit is all.

I used to boost melee characters with an arms warrior friend, that makes 2 melee and one being very bad.

Every comp in the game can reach gold even 3 melee comp. Didnt have the opportunity to try it but its doable. So stop qqing like a lfr hero

Brew Monk/Disc Priest/Frostmage/BM Hunt+X
    From what we've tested so far BrM and disc suck tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats a good example 'coz its like the only trash pack in the whole cms where u can insta die with or without skill.

I used to boost melee characters with an arms warrior friend, that makes 2 melee and one being very bad.

Every comp in the game can reach gold even 3 melee comp. Didnt have the opportunity to try it but its doable. So stop qqing like a lfr hero
    Just because it's doable doesn't mean it's optimal. I'd rather not bring a melee that has to afk for half the trash so he doesn't die. Not bringing melee dps means smoother runs, fewer wipes, less stress on healer. Melee are shit, doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Wod will not be any different, just due to the nature of this game.

Deleted
    Idk what you are talking about because Ive just finished 9/9 with my alt warrior (only with Oqueue btw) and while it was harder (if you can call CM "hard" rofl) than with a ranged I had no difficulty whatsoever to clear all in a single day.

Besides I had no difficulty either to humiliate frost mage or whatever on recount. Bring the player not the class is definitely true for gold CMs.

That's because of people being able to 2man more than melee being good.

If you truly had to 5man with boosting being near impossible (how a lot of people saw it at the start of the expansion particularly) melee are suddenly not wanted at all.

@Oneway CM's will give a chance at LFR loot daily. That means its going to be *THE* way to gear up the first 3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    From what we've tested so far BrM and disc suck tbh.
    brewmasters dont suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    brewmasters dont suck
    On beta they do a fraction of the dps a prot warrior does while also taking more damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    On beta they do a fraction of the dps a prot warrior does while also taking more damage.
    okay mate

Can some1 confirm, no more realm first CM: gold in WoD.
    (I would like to see a blue post about it if possible)

There are no realm firsts for anything except end raid bosses, everything else is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That combination is quite deadly. I mean "Brew Monk/Disc Priest/Frostmage/BM Hunt+X"
    You opinion is viable, but you have a really really hard time to compare CM in September/October 2012 vs January 2014.
    I'm talking about WoD beta, since, you know, it's a WoD beta thread and all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    brewmasters dont suck
    As I said it's just what my group has seen so far. Our tank has played all 5 and found warrior to be the best *in the instances we have done so far* with BrM being a little more squishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Would love to see this turn into sort of a CM master thread for discussion/theorycrafting/videos about their experiences with WoD CMs on beta and live. It sucks that there isn't a dedicated board on battle.net [though it'd probably just get swamped with boosting advertisements]. Probably could make a thread for Proving Grounds too since it's a requirement for Heroic 5 man queueing, but that's another matter. More interested in a CM mega thread. No LFG spam, leave that to Group Finder/Oq/Open Raid
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-09-22 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    im x7 9/9 and i do not think theres anything wrong with the CMs in mop done em as melee range tank so who ever thinks their to hard its not your area togo into then wich is completly fine by me

i think cm boost will be alot harder in wod compared to in mop. Without veangence and without gems working you wont be able to "outgear it". I suspect only the very best players will be able to sell boostruns in cms.