Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Anime]Fate/Stay Night 2014

Premiering Oct 4, 2014 there will be a new Fate/Stay Night anime done by Type Moon + Ufotable.

The Anime will be a split cour so 24 episodes. The first 12 will all be this year while the last 12 will be next year.

It's going to cover the Unlimited Blade Works arc, and I believe its been said there will be some original content in the anime as well. Ufotable is also going to be making a movie(s?) to cover the Heaven's Feel arc.

PV01

PV02

PV03

Heaven's Feel PV01

Last edited by Phaere; 2014-09-17 at 05:42 AM.

Here's the official English site though it's a bit behind with respect to news updates compared to the Japanese site. I believe Crunchyroll will be streaming this with Aniplex's translations.

My body is oh, so, so, so, so very ready. Been totally psyched waiting for this.

When I found out it'd be UBW, I was so goddamned happy. Tohsaka and Archer are my favorite characters from the entirety of the Nasuverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    My body is oh, so, so, so, so very ready. Been totally psyched waiting for this.

When I found out it'd be UBW, I was so goddamned happy. Tohsaka and Archer are my favorite characters from the entirety of the Nasuverse.
    I'm looking forward more to the Heaven's Feel movie(s), assuming there are indeed multiple movies similar to how Kara no Kyoukai was done.

As for UBW specifics, I'm hoping we get to see some of the fights that took place off-screen, especially Lancer v. Berserker and Assassin v. Berserker.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-09-17 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    aslong as that god awfulll 3d rendered dragon isnt in the anime im ok with anything
    Last edited by mmocbdf5b86a98; 2014-09-17 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can't be worse than DEEN's adaptation. That was god awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailine57 View Post
    It can't be worse than DEEN's adaptation. That was god awful.
    Story-wise the DEEN adaptation was fine when it came specifically to the Fate stuff. Didn't like the blending of the routes we got, such as the Sakura bondage suit.

But again, ufotable is the group doing these adaptations. If nothing else it'll look pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Story-wise the DEEN adaptation was fine when it came specifically to the Fate stuff. Didn't like the blending of the routes we got, such as the Sakura bondage suit.

But again, ufotable is the group doing these adaptations. If nothing else it'll look pretty.
    I was more complaining about the animation of the DEEN one. The fight scene between Archer and Lancer in front of the church had some of the worst animation I've ever seen. Story-wise though, you are right, they did the best they could there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailine57 View Post
    I was more complaining about the animation of the DEEN one. The fight scene between Archer and Lancer in front of the church had some of the worst animation I've ever seen. Story-wise though, you are right, they did the best they could there.
    Heh, yeah that was pretty bad. Wish I could find the ufotable trailer to DEEN comparison .gifs. Really funny stuff.

Edit: Here's all the ones I'm aware of, courtesy of someone on a different forum. DEEN stuff on left, ufotable on right.

Last edited by Trubo; 2014-09-17 at 05:36 PM.

3 Weeks to go. So many different things from the show I'm hyped to see animated well (or at least, far better than the UBW movie), along with the extended amount of time to develop the story and characters.

UFOtable are just too damn good at production.

Weirdly, one of the things I want to see most is UFOtable's take on Kuzuki's scenes.

15+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of it, there are also the CMs previewing some of the cast.

Rin CM
    Archer CM
    Shirou CM
    Saber CM
    Lancer CM

Some of them have some interesting stuff, like Archer/Rin standing in the room Tokiomi was always in. I remember hearing that the next one is supposed to be Illya's... which is (vague VN spoiler) a bit strange given her lack of importance in UBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    For the sake of it, there are also the CMs previewing some of the cast.

Rin CM
    Archer CM
    Shirou CM
    Saber CM
    Lancer CM

Some of them have some interesting stuff, like Archer/Rin standing in the room Tokiomi was always in. I remember hearing that the next one is supposed to be Illya's... which is (vague VN spoiler) a bit strange given her lack of importance in UBW.
    Illya and Kotomine getting trailers makes perfect sense if you consider that everything we've seen so far is stuff that occurs during the Prologue in the F/SN VN.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Illya and Kotomine getting trailers makes perfect sense if you consider that everything we've seen so far is stuff that occurs during the Prologue in the F/SN VN.
    If by prologue you mean the first three days, then yeah, I suppose it does.

Berserker is even glowing like in the VN. Based ufotable.

Prologue as in the period of time where the VN follows Rin's PoV before the story starts from the beginning with Shirou as the MC. Though now that I think about it, I don't believe Rin runs into Illya or Kotomine until after Shirou summons Saber, though those events happen near enough after the end of the Prologue to not matter too much.

And while Berserker looks nice, that was a lame roar.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-09-20 at 06:29 PM.

Awwwwwww yeahhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r_k18_5R34

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

BASED UFOTABLE. \o/

Am SO pumped for this!

Next CM is supposed to be Kotomine with an extra 8th CM afterwards (there was some following thing on twitter which reached its quota).

15+ Year Old Account

Taiga confirmed for real heroine of UBW.

Wasn't that supposed to be the extra CM? Surprised they showed that one before Kotomine's.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess since it is airing next weekend they just wanted to get the extra one out of the way before Kotomine's tomorrow. Leave the best for last.

- - - Updated - - -

...and the last one. Even has some bonus Gil.