Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What do you all think is the greatest problem of our time?

I'm interested to see what you all consider to be the #1 priority.

Please no fighting. I would like posters to refrain from turning this into a mud slinging contest.

Deleted
    Religion, and there is no way this thread will end well.

Racism.

Some guy just trying to get through the day and week and then he gets all this extra crap dumped on him on top of everything else. Keeping people down just to make you feel superior when they could be making good wages and buying your stuff. Hatred that breeds retaliation.

I know it's America's greatest problem. When they gave Martin Luther King a national holiday, I was for it.

I'm white male, btw.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Religion not being seperated from politics is a big problem. Also, constant meddling of the Western World in countries that are in the evolutionairy stage of the middle ages. We're impressing our modern morals onto societies that think of womenn as property. That is bound to fail... and to top it off, we provide them uneducated with modern weapons. Nope, this thread isn't going to end well.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on that hover board.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ebola. That shit is getting serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Income inequality and the complete lack of innovation in the last 50+ years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ebola. That shit is getting serious.
    Hah.

Probably political and religious bickering hindering progress in a scientific setting, and that which doesn't get hindered then gets ignored at a public level because of political and religious bickering, endorsed by ignorant celebrities.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Disregard of spiritual enlightenment.

Yup this thread will end well
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    The fact that technology has evolved faster than the average person's ability to handle the responsibility that comes with it. People can do some serious harm to the environment, if they are not careful, and generally we simply don't consider the consequences as much as we should in those cases.

It is like a minor version of "With great power comes great responsibility". We don't all exactly have great power, but we do have access to some things that can cause more harm than what was previously widely available to people. I'm not sure I'm explaining this well enough, but I hope some people understand my point.

Edit: It is mostly with regards to chemicals, and hunting / fishing too much in some areas. I don't think it will end well if it continues.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2014-09-17 at 11:01 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignorance and energetical limitations

Spiders on the field, coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Primitive barbaric thoughts and actions being rewarded by our economic system.

But if i had take a specific problem it has to be poverty.
    Mainly because of all the lives it takes, but also how it deranges and radicalizes people.

Deleted
    Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Religion, climate, unsustainability.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Gonna go with wars for 500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignorance and the Uneducated. It leads to everything that everyone else already mentioned and a lot worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Religion is Not the issue, but lack of proper religion is.

Every other problem is pretty much spelled out in the Bible as a no-no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gullibility. Too many people spouting nonsense, and too many lives and money lost because of it.

Deleted
    The extremes of wealth inequality.