Deleted

Buying s laptop for WOD

Hi I want to buy a laptop for WOD. My budget is around 700$. I would be happy to play on high settings without lag, I don't need ultra. Could you guys recommend me a few models? And also which should I focus more on I5 or I7, 4G or 8G RAM or graphics card? Thanks a lot guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to move this to the build/upgrade subforum
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Ummmm, idk that's a low budget. You would need like 3 times that for a solid gaming laptop.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-...97528-1349.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Hi I want to buy a laptop for WOD. My budget is around 700$. I would be happy to play on high settings without lag, I don't need ultra. Could you guys recommend me a few models? And also which should I focus more on I5 or I7, 4G or 8G RAM or graphics card? Thanks a lot guys
    i7 Is overkill for gaming, save yourself the money. i5... pretty good choice (high end). 8GB Is kinda normal by today's standards, so yh 8GB as well. About a mobile GFX card... I don't have that much knowledge about them mobile things. Just see what you can get and list them here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    i7 Is overkill for gaming, save yourself the money. i5... pretty good choice (high end).
    You might want to note that mobile i5 processors are more like desktop i3 processors. Mobile i5 is dual-core-only.

I don't think $700 will get you anything that doesn't have Intel graphics, which suck. The cheapest models I can find with real graphics are over $900.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters