View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW lose in Q3 2014?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • 1 Million or More Subs Lost

30 15.87%
  • 500,000 to 1 Million Subs Lost

44 23.28%
  • 300,000 to 500,000 Subs Lost

33 17.46%
  • 0 to 300,000 Subs Lost

50 26.46%
  • Other

32 16.93%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It will be a gain.

1. Prepatch is just around the corner
    2. Blizzard has put all kinds of stuff to boost Q3 numbers such as
    - Choppers
    - Remove heirloom vendor
    - Remove legendary cloak
    That's crazy talk. People were saying it would hold steady or slightly gain for the last call as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    This.

It seems that whenever I see Jaylock he has no constructive thing to say.
    But we should know better with that avatar...
    The worst is I am sure he creates those thread to see people rage and get infracted because of personal insults toward Jaylock. It is smart baiting I must say, alas.

Oh, I didn't answer to the main topic, which is a legitimate question. I think they will lose subscriptions, between 250 and 500k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If we look at the sub losses as the general consensus for the quality of an expansion, you would notice that this expansion has lost more sub than any of the other expansions.
    Look, even if WoW would have lost 5 millions subs, I would still have considered MoP as one the best expansions next to Wrath. I am not doing politics in game. If I like the game, I play it. If not or if I am bored/burned out, I leave.
    Last edited by Baine; 2014-09-17 at 11:55 PM.

300-700k sub loss imo
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    So many people in this thread just got bitchslapped by reality .

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I wish that people would understand this.

People seem to thing becasue THEY have an opinion it is utter total undeniable fact for every single person.

I have loved MoP.

I am happy with 14 monhts of SoO ofc not, but I know how to unsub and say "I am not happy with 14 months of SoO in my comments box".

I don't go to MMO-C and write massive troll and bait threads.

It is actually sad this is what this community has come to.
    And people just love stating the obvious when it comes to pointing out that someone else's post is an opinion.

We know it's their opinion. We don't need people stating that it's their opinion.

This is such a tired argument.

People shouldn't have to post, "In my opinion," as a disclaimer at something is their opinion. Why are you wasting everyone's time and forum space with a comment like that?

Not just you, but everyone else that constantly makes a note of things that are opinions.

You have nothing else to say? So your default is, "that's an opinion and you're wrong."

It's almost as annoying as the constant use of "iterating" in these forums. And "straw-man." And all of the other crap some of these forum posters throw into a response to seem more intelligible.

STOP. IT.

And FOR THE RECORD, I hated the very idea of Pandaria when it was announced. I hated the initial daily and reputation grinds. I hated the pvp changes with health pools being so high and damage being so low in comparison. I hated the way Timeless Isle let people gank their own faction. The scenery got old really quickly. I hated leveling and questing and I hated the no flying at all while leveling.

Honestly my list of things I hated is far greater than the list of things I like in quantity.

But the one thing I definitely DON'T hate, is monks. It's unfortunate they had to be introduced, IN MY OPINION*************, the way they did, but I can suck it up for the sake of having monks. I also have nothing against the actual Pandaren, or any of the other races on Pandaria. It's just the recurring endless Asian theme. Sure, it's a theme we didn't really have, but as their loading tooltip says, "take all things in moderation..."

Honestly I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more of a night elven influence or something given the fact that they were in existence around the same time as Night Elves.

This poll should really have an option for sub GAINS, because one of these fiscal quarters it's going to happen. It may not happen two Q's in a row, but i guarantee it will at least once.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

because they were silly?

Every expansion loses a couple million subs at the end. EVERY EXPANSION. This is not news.

When WoD is at it's peak it will probably be 9-10 million subs.
    End of Vanilla, end of TBC, and end of WotLK all continued to grow throughout their lifespans up to and including their conclusions. Only at the end of Cata and MoP did WoW start shedding sub numbers in the millions.

I would also like to point out how the http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Subscriptions thread furiously debunks any possibility of WoW following any sort of product life cycle (i.e. game is old.) So it can't be losing subs from old age which must infer that it was because Cata and MoP have been doing something horribly wrong.

At least 4 folks will have unsubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voting 500k to 1m, as Heroic Progression should be completely finished for most guilds by Q3. Wouldn't be surprised if it were greater, but I definitely would be if it were less. I'd assume this late into the patch, more people would be leaving with less and less to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loss of 6-900k subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Voting 500k to 1m, as Heroic Progression should be completely finished for most guilds by Q3.
    At the moment, wowprogress has just 2287 guilds that have downed H Garrosh. Heroic progression will only be finished for .5 - 1 M players if you consider most of them finishing by giving up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

How? All I see is people bashing Blizzard and the content.
    What content?

Deleted
    honestly think 500k suib gain, more and more of my friends start playing in anticipation of the major 6.0 patch.

I guess horde mount + SoO nm mount + CM will raise sub for this and last month

edit: add 6.0 + people who start playing again to they remember the feeling so they don't waste time to re-learn everything at start of 6.0
    Last edited by greeeed; 2014-09-18 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    This poll should really have an option for sub GAINS, because one of these fiscal quarters it's going to happen. It may not happen two Q's in a row, but i guarantee it will at least once.
    OP doesn't deal in sub gains, not even when the game gained subs, he still voted for a loss.

Really, there is quite a few things right now that could bring people back, hence I still don't vote so high. Voted for a number of a maximum 200.000 loss, don't see it much higher - can be wrong, only human.

Someone already made a list, so could build on that.

• Pre-patch starts in Q3
    • Last call for cloak finish (I know some that has come back for that)
    • Last call for a free chopper (30th september)
    • Last call for PvE Heirlooms before they are removed for a temp. amount of time.
    • People are starting to clean out, avoid burning in with materials from Mists of Pandaria.
    • People are starting to prepare for WoD (Gold, their char, professions)
    • People are still getting the Pre-order and boost.
    • Last call for SoO achievement + Mount
    • Last call to give that final preasure through PvP (If you find yourself high enough for that to matter)
    • Last call for Challange mode (Bronze/Silver/Gold = title/Mounts/armor)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe that curve much, doesn't seem to factor mid rise and falls. Just a fat line stating the route, I like to follow the individual amounts at times, seems more reasonable to adjust and study then just doing - 'This is the line, this is how it's done'
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-09-18 at 09:39 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really the fact that there is nothing to do, but that Mop is an all round shit expansion. When you base an expansion off fluffy panda bears, pet battles, evil rabbits, cliche boss quotes "you will perish!, you will not get to the emperoress, you will fail!", and mystical asian themed settings, then you know the expansion is doomed for failure.
    I chose 500,000 to 1 Million Subs Lost. At this point people are just plain tired of "Pandaria," and really want to move on from this abysmal expansion...
    Its not bashing if its true though.
    Bashing is about all this thread is really meant for. This isn't an unbiased poll thread asking people for opinions from all sides but rather one that takes a very specific view of Mists of Pandaria as an "all-around shit expansion" and blasts anyone who disagrees.

Closing.