Poll: top thing you like about streamers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think most streamers are full of shit and usually it looks like they just hop onto whatever game is a big hit at the moment to get more youtube views. With that said, if it's something you want to do, do everyone a favor and buy a decent fucking microphone and learn how to use it. Holy shit. 9/10 times I see a streaming video to take a peek at a game I might be interested in and I can't make it more than 20 seconds through because my ears and eyes start to bleed. It also helps to have a voice that isn't absolutely horrendous, which seems to be a theme with these people. Because their parents told them they have a "unique" voice, they got it in their heads that other people will enjoy hearing it. Now excuse me, I gotta clean up this vomit off my keyboard.

Deleted
    Charisma & funny is something that keeps me watching. I only watch variety streamers too. I mainly watch Ezekiel_III, DansGaming, Spamfish & EdEMonster (not always just huge streamers).

There are 5 main things that people look for when choosing which streamer to watch:

1. Personality/Intelligence: If you want to make streaming a sustainable source of income you have to have this; because if you have this people won't give a shit about what games you play, they'll be there because they enjoy listening to what you have to say.

Examples of popular streamers (that I watch) with an interesting personality: Reckful, Preachlfw, Towelliee, Jahmilli, Venruki, Treckie, Kungen and for lots of people (not me) Sodapoppin.
    Examples of popular streamers that are intelligent: Kripparian, Reckful, Trump, Kolento, Nobbel, Preachlfw.

2. Reputation: This is what will make people watch you for doing absolutely nothing at all. If you were a well known gamer before streaming was a thing, then you've already gotten yourself an easy 2000+ sustained viewer count.

Examples of popular streamers with a reputation: Kungen, Kripparian, Reckful, Sco

3. Skill: This is nice to have in combination with one of the previous traits, but it won't get you a lot of viewers by itself.

Examples of streamers with skill: Reckful, Jahmilli, Fragnance, Kripparian, Venruki, Xaryu, nLappe, Tidesoftime, Trump, Kolento, Fuzion, Pikabooirl.

4. Prizes: This is when people subscribe to you because they're given a very small chance at winning something moderately valuable instead of subscribing to you because they actually enjoy watching the stream.

Examples of sellout streamers: Towelliee, Swifty, Trump maybe?

5. Boobs: This is both a blessing and a curse for all of those lovely lady streamers out there. It's a blessing in the sense that you can temporarily get yourself a fair sum of viewers that are not even remotely interested in anything that you're doing in game for simply showing some cleavage (and if you're really frisky you could risk a ban for lack of game related content!), and a curse because you'll always be labeled as someone that gets most of her viewers from having a nice body rather than your great personality or your ability to play the game.

Examples of streamers with boobs: Kaceytron, Alinity, Legendarylea

I think a lot of viewers get an ego trip out of subbing to streamers. All the big streamers I know barely play the game they have up on screen. Half of the time the game audio is muted as a big "new sub" popup shows up, and the streamer stops what he's doing to personally thank and gush over the person who just subbed. I think twitch is dominated by a few whales who like having their ego stroked, flock to the streamer they have a creepy crush on (i.e. sodapoppin, quickybaby who often makes out/grinds with his girlfriend on stream, zerorunes again the whole playing with girlfriend angle and trump who has that lithe schoolboy asian thing going on), create a ton of fake accounts and feed the streamer subs and viewbots so they can feel appreciated when the streamer speaks sweet nothings thanking his multiple fake accounts for subbing. The best streamers are the best at giving ego stroking sub thank you speeches.

EDIT: oh and looking back at this thread, reynald also as another streamer that I'd add to my list. What's up with all the Hearthstone streamers being hot young things that big sugardaddies are just aching to patronize with their fat wads of cash? Just proves my point. The only anomaly is Kripp. I think he appeals to all the neckbeards who think they can get ahead in life by skipping school and work and playing games all day, although kripp is a total casual and sellout these days. I mean he has a girlfriend now.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2014-09-17 at 11:12 PM.

Skill and good humor. I don't watch big streamers; it's really just Gopher/Zisteau/Scott Manely I watch on Twitch/Live Youtube because they are very interesting to watch and listen to. Gopher is an extremely immersive role player with a bit of comedy; Zisteau is really funny for the jokes he plays on Mindcrack while also pulling off some really good creations; and Scott Manely is very skilled at what he does and explains what he's doing with some great moments tossed into there.

I only watch woundman and only sometimes. I havent watched him in a long while because I no longer play.

I usually watch small streams because they're often more interactive with their viewers. For that reason, I prefer personality and charisma.

Deleted
    Charisma mostly. Sometimes I like to watch skilled but charmless streamers (Sodapoppin), though. I like respectful and buddy-like streamers (Bajheera, Vanguards) and almost never watch streamers that annoy me personality-wise (Swifty lol).

mainly entertainment. If you can make me laugh, I'm gna follow.

Atm I only follow two streamers, Soddapoppin (don't watch him as much anymore) and Maximusblack, who is by far my favourite streamer, and I watch most of his youtube stuff as well.

I don't really watch streamers much, but I always respected the really skilled ones who actually contribute to the game's community. ie, they give gameplay tips, write guides, etc, instead of just "LOL LOOK AT HOW GOOD I AM"

And entertainment. I play a warrior and have been a Bajheera fan since that SMF PvP video he did a while back.

Deleted
    Skill if it's a game that requires it (Osu!)
    Otherwise it's Kripparrian because he is our Lord and Savior.

Deleted
    what is most important for me is how fun and entertaining it is to watch the streamer

nothing more boring than someone streaming a game with loud music and that's it.. no speaking, no interaction with the watchers, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Legendarylea
    Just tuned into this person for the first time 5 mns ago. Never heard of her before. She is playing Hearthstone.

I almost vomited on my couch. Terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch streams very often, but when I do the only two I generally go back to are Ducksauce and Swifty. Ducksauce because he's charismatic and I find him entertaining, and Swifty because he's just so NICE and very interactive with his viewers when he's around (and you're not staring at his chair or couch).

I've seen a few others WoW streamers but most of them are either too boring or I find them pompous and arrogant and therefore can't stand them (Bajheera, Sodapoppin).

I can't say I've ever watched Hearthstone streams but I've heard there are a few good ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read that as big steamers.

I don't watch video game streamers, I find it pointless for the most part. I watch youtube reviews of games though, which some are recordings from streamers.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

mix of funny/charisma or general entertainment value I'd say.

I've never laughed so hard consistently in any other stream like I have on Zilea's channel.

I like to watch Ducksauce on my 2º Monitor while i do some other stuff. I like that guy, the only streamer that captured my attention so far.