Thread: Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter

Hello guys!
    I read the Shadow of the Horde novel (I guess... the one that tell us what happened to Vol'jin in Pandaria after Dagger in the Darkness's scenario) and I wonder....

Is Shadow Hunter a shaman-like-class that get their powers from the Loa instead of the Elements? It would answer most of the questions about this class.

What do you think about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They are more like priest/hunter hybrid.

they do deal with the elements in some way. i just did a quest on beta that confirmed that.

poisons and stuff like that also. i think they're rogues with a connection to elements and shadow magic.

Basically a Hunter that uses Dark Troll magic (Voodoo).

Voodoo would probably be a mixture of Troll Shadow Priest stuff and Shaman.

So Hunter / Shadow priest / Shaman hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they do deal with the elements in some way. i just did a quest on beta that confirmed that.
    I remember someone calling on Shango, which seems to be some kind of Storm loa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    A Shadow-Hunter is a brain dead troll chasing his own shadow. They just hype it up a lot to avoid ridicule.
    This explains everything. Including vol'jins attention span.

They're the troll version of Priestess of the Moon, but instead of following a loon, they follow the loa.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrieloceano View Post
    Hello guys!
    I read the Shadow of the Horde novel (I guess... the one that tell us what happened to Vol'jin in Pandaria after Dagger in the Darkness's scenario) and I wonder....

Is Shadow Hunter a shaman-like-class that get their powers from the Loa instead of the Elements? It would answer most of the questions about this class.

What do you think about it?
    Rogue-Hunter-Priest-Shaman combo really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This explains everything. Including vol'jins attention span.
    Hey now! Vol'jin is unique among Shadow Hunters. It does take one Hell of an attention span to strategize for years over how to take down one Witch Doctor who makes no secret of his location.

OT: Their backwards, barbaric, Heretical Loa are pretty big in the whole "Shadow Hunter" field, as is Voodoo. Fortunately, despite all of the intricate lingo, Shadow Hunters are better at painting masks than doing noteworthy things, so they're not really worth a damn.