Poll: What class has the most endgame viable builds?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

class with most viable endgame builds (T6 and Grifts 25+)

What class has the most build diversity for endgame?

I'd say Wizard.

We have about 2-3 fire builds, and then firebirds that can all do torment6, with firebird + kiting being the best, by far. WOH firebird is also fine up to g30-33.

Then we have quit a few lightning builds/cold etc, but mostly they are all the same as fire, only 1 way to go with specific items.

Anywho, all elements can work as Wizard, but fire is best by far.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'd argue monk. I recently started playing one and I LOVE it (so I may be biased). But the fact that their sunwuko set solely relies on you spending spirit. You can use whatever skills you want really. Of course theirs an "optimal" setup. But as long as you have a spirit spender, the set will work.

I know nothing about WD's/Crusaders/Wizards though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Sadly monk ain't that good endgame

Demon hunter sentries

Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What constitutes counting something as a different build? I wouldn't say changing a spammed ability and changing some base abilities to align with elemental damage as entirely build changing.

WDs have two builds that are capable above 25. You have pet builds and you have jade harvester as a build. Pet builds have some variance based on element and what ability you want to spam, but they largely play the same. You can be physical, poison and fire but I wouldn't call that 3 different pet builds considering you're just changing your fetish army/garg and zombie dog to a different element.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor.
    I thought the only T6 viable DH build was "spam turrets and watch everyone fold"?

This is why I said monk has the most variety, you can build what you want as long as you have a spirit spender. Other classes like DH is just, use sentry whatever element you want, WD is pet or jade, barb is EQ Or raekor (and eq cannot compete really). And so on and so on. If you want variety, then go for a monk, if you want a strong class which is currently stomping shit then pick DH or WD. You can't have both.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

t6 is a joke in any build with decent gear and legendary gems. Greater rifts are a different matter. While every class might have a few builds, there's only one that stands out for high level Grifts. For example, you won't find a wiz or DH above GR 35 that isn't firebirds or sentries.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Sadly monk ain't that good endgame
    monks are so bad thats why they dominate the top end of greater rifts, some classes have great burst and some classes have steady all round damage play what you have most fun with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if we are aiming for torm 6 and up to around Grift 33 Crusader has a plethora of speccs that works:

*Good old shotgun

*Condem

*Pony

*Roland Shield bash

*Roland Sweep

*Petsader

*Firestarter

When you approach grift 36ish there is only 3 speccs that really shines though:

*Shotgun

*Condem

*Pony

Deleted
    Crusader imo.

They really need to buff the other set. It's kind of funny and sad at the same time, that the majority of the top end builds are 6 piece set and are build to bypass generators all together.

Deleted
    Because generators in this game fucking suck, generate too much slowly and spenders don't compensate for that, combining it with having both different animations so you can't use them together like some other skills and you get the idea why it is so. You can afford to use a generator in condemn sader because condemn has no animation.
    Monk's generators do really good damage but they got terrible spenders that are not worth breaking generator animation.
    Dh's generators just plain suck, not enough damage nor generation, as wiz and wd.
    Barbs use a virtually no resource build, so basically the same thing.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2014-09-19 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    the class with the most build diversity has to be the crusader, they have a lot of viable builds for t6 etc. and the class with the fewest builds has to be demon hunter but that 1 build is also extremely powerful as it should be after they completely destroyed the cycling build which i personally liked a lot.

You can pretty much do whatever build on any class for T6 and up to GR 30-34ish. To get to high GR though all classes have one or two viable builds depending on class. I would say the Crusader has the most versatility though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    monks are so bad thats why they dominate the top end of greater rifts, some classes have great burst and some classes have steady all round damage play what you have most fun with.
    They dominate group play because of the support monk build, in solo they are the lowest across all classes. I do agree though, play what you like and have fun thats what games are about.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2014-09-21 at 09:10 AM.

Wow seeing how many people saying DH is... astounding. They literally only have 1 build, such lies. I would say WD historically has the most variety in play style and builds that are useful in real play T6+

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Wow seeing how many people saying DH is... astounding. They literally only have 1 build, such lies. I would say WD historically has the most variety in play style and builds that are useful in real play T6+
    Agreed. DH really only have M6 for 30+ and that's it. Change it up with some elemental variety but it plays the same.

I think wizard has the most variety. They seem the less dependent on their class set bonus then others.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Agreed. DH really only have M6 for 30+ and that's it. Change it up with some elemental variety but it plays the same.

I think wizard has the most variety. They seem the less dependent on their class set bonus then others.
    Pretty odd thing to say, considering Firebird is a must.

Demon hunter sentry build with tiers pieces and tnt is so common and boring and yawn.... what's next? Uninstalling diablo 3?