Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    HA see I said the stairs in the old version of the loading screen looked way off. Glad they changed that, it was bugging the heck out of me! (OCD much >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Loading screen for Garrisons? I thought they would be a world phasing kind of thing.
    Garrison hearthstone. Logging back into game after logging out at your garrison

Nothing new, Blizz going the usual full retard mode with the removal of content and Bash answering a question with a question. Move along, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    It's certainly consistent with how they've treated their customers in the past.

"Hey we're removing a major feature from current and future content, f you if you don't like it."

Just remember your glee now because eventually they'll do the same to you. I'm going to ride my new huolon mount everywhere because it will look completely ridiculous.
    Nah, if they ever did something I didn't like enough to not play I'd just not play, instead of crying over it. Especially over such a minor issue. I have enough mental maturity to vote with my wallet when I like something/dislike something rather than come to a niche message board and QQ to my hearts content. inb4 millions will quit rhetoric.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    If they're putting in the [Guide: Soarin' Over Draenor] book i have a few other books they should add:
    [Book of Draenor Regrets] Unique "Too big to fit in a backpack." Sell: 100g
    [Game Designer Degree] Unique "Seems to be made with crayons." Sell: 40s
    [Staying Classy in Warlords: A guide to playing your redesigned class] Unique "Press 1 a lot. Sometimes press 2. You may or may not have a third button." Sell: 10g
    So in short, the guide to playing Burning crusade.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    WoW is your first MMORPG I guess? BTW: Path of Titans would have been a similar system. WoW hardly gets new players - only manages old players to come back from time to time. Having a system like that (and like many other MMORPGs before WoW had and EVE Online still has) would encourage existing players to keep the sub running and would be a little but noticeable reward for long term players. It's not stupid now. It would have been stupid until Cataclysm when subs where constantly rising and new players came in all the time. Since Catacysm the subs are on a constant decline. Even the release of MoP only managed to get about 800k subs back and lost them in the following months. Right now the task is different. It's to keep players from leaving and getting rewards for not leaving is one way to do that.
    If you get a permanent stat boost like that it would utterly destroy the concept of a new expansion as a reset. To take your earlier comparison to D3, expansions are now more like seasons, and that's how it should be in an MMO.

I've played since the start, and having stuff like the original Quel'Serrar, Benediction, T0.5 set, now unobtainable titles, Dark Portal tabard etc. is reward enough. I am pretty sure no real veteran player would feel the need of a pay-to-win stat.
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Witchsong View Post
    If you get a permanent stat boost like that it would utterly destroy the concept of a new expansion as a reset. To take your earlier comparison to D3, expansions are now more like seasons, and that's how it should be in an MMO.

I've played since the start, and having stuff like the original Quel'Serrar, Benediction, T0.5 set, now unobtainable titles, Dark Portal tabard etc. is reward enough. I am pretty sure no real veteran player would feel the need of a pay-to-win stat.
    Exactly, those are our rewards, no one will ever be able to get stuff like that ever again. The memories, opening of An Quiraj? Awe-some in the full sense of the word, once in a life time experience, never gonna happen again, nor will anything like it. Zombie Invasion? Fucking great, bundled with now unobtainable Blue Judgement, a tabard and the FUN. The FUN we had and still have playing, people seem to forget that one. Frankly my most treasured now unobtainable items are a complete set of Brewfest Mugs

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Wrong, a lot of people cared. There were many people who were midway on the Atiesh quest lines that never were allowed/able to complete it and is still a sore subject with many.
    Indeed I remember back then people were disapointed about it. Acctually about the removal of naxx 60 as well. Even nowadays you can still find posts about people asking for they to bring it back.

Also loved the comment of the blue making jokes about giving stuff to people subscribed. I keep my swtor sub because they give stuff out, even when i am not playing (minor things most of the time but still nice that they reconize people playing their game). No reason to do the same with wow. Personally i would only sub wow again if i intended to play in that moment. Sucks for them I supose.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.