Deleted

Dungeon Keeper 2 on Windows 8.1 D:

Hey there,

A friend and me wanted to play some dungeon keeper together, we both have the GoG version of the game which is intended to run smoothly on win 7, vista and 8 aswell. We used tunngle and were perfectly able to create a game and join/start it. We have the same game, same patch, same download place. Everything's the same and it runs smoothly for me. He has 8 GB RAM I only have 4 GB and we both have quadcores. The issue is only on his game being:

seconds into the match, his game starts lagging to the point of almost screen freezing, massive FPS drop. Not only in multiplayer but singleplayer/campagin too. In the menu etc. everything is normal however.

We searched for the problem on google and the only board that -appears- to have the solution is offline.

What we tried so far:

- Compatibility mode windows xp service pack 2/3

- Changing any kind of graphic options that you can change -inside- the game options.

- adding -32biteverything and -disablegamma to "Target:"

- Disable Scaling on high DPI settings, diable desktop composition, disable visual themes

- Run as Administrator

One thing I found on a youtube video's comments is this which seems to describe the problem he's got but not really much of an explanation there sadly:

"kasper nickelsen

Ran into some trouble, the game launches fine and all, exept when i try to play the game, it laggs so much i cant do anything know anything about it?
    my Direct3D says fake device o:

·
    XBob68X

Your using the repack Right? the last link

·
    kasper nickelsen

+XBob68X got it to work now, for some reason i cant seem to play it with the shortcut gotta launch it from the folder itself and yes i do have repack, thanks for the quick responce anyway "

Would -really- appreciate any kind of help, thanks in advance!

The offline board is keeperklan?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    The offline board is keeperklan?
    Yes, it is.

Apparently starting the game from the folder itself seems to work.. kind of. Now a new issue came up which is black pixels/small graphic glitches appearing ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    Yes, it is.

Apparently starting the game from the folder itself seems to work.. kind of. Now a new issue came up which is black pixels/small graphic glitches appearing ;_;
    Sounds like GPU might be on its way out. Try disabling the card and running off integrated graphics and see if it has the same pixelation issue...

Also, keep track of temps. Make sure his card isn't frying itself

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE