Deleted

What ilvl for what spec?

Im currently playing frost, and wondering when i should go fire or arcane.. is there any item level where you have enough haste/mastery/crit on your gear for the diffrent specs to shine ?

Nope theres no magic ilvl where one spec magically becomes better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    okay, but is there a ilvl where you got enough say crit for fire etc..

Asking "what itemlevel before X spec" is like asking how tall you have to be before you can play basketball. Being taller makes things easier, but there is no such thing as a "magic point". Anyone giving a magical ilvl number is equivalent to saying "You need to be 6'2 before you can be good at basketball" - which is obviously a stupid statement.

There isn't a "itemlevel with enough crit for fire". It just gets better as you get more crit. As for the amount of gear you need before you can do better with fire or arcane than with frost, that depends on how well you play the spec. The only thing that has ever been said with confidence is that "fire spec doesn't work well with low crit".

I played college basketball and can tell you with absolute certainty that what you wrote about basketball makes no sense. First off, you need to be a fair amount taller than 6'2 before you can be good at basketball, unless you are one of less than 0.00000000000001% of the people in the history of mankind that worked harder than anyone to achieve their goals and barely scrape by in a tall man's game.

Being able to hold your own in local park pick up game and being able to hold your own on a court full of 6'6+ beasts are different things that are worlds apart.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the op was asking at which point things get easier with other specs, and the answer is in mostly heroic gear. Before you have a decent amount of heroic gear, you can try real hard and do ok if you work your ass off and/or rng is in your favor, but until then you'll be short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    I played college basketball and can tell you with absolute certainty that what you wrote about basketball makes no sense. First off, you need to be a fair amount taller than 6'2 before you can be good at basketball, unless you are one of less than 0.00000000000001% of the people in the history of mankind that worked harder than anyone to achieve their goals and barely scrape by in a tall man's game.

Being able to hold your own in local park pick up game and being able to hold your own on a court full of 6'6+ beasts are different things that are worlds apart.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the op was asking at which point things get easier with other specs, and the answer is in mostly heroic gear. Before you have a decent amount of heroic gear, you can try real hard and do ok if you work your ass off and/or rng is in your favor, but until then you'll be short.
    I believe Komman was just making a general statement. No need to nitpick.

As for the specs, Frost works more than fine enough from 463 to 589 ilevel. Arcane will start powering over in most situations when you can stop gemming Haste for 14242 and can go straight gemming into Mastery. This will most likely be 560-570 ilevel. Fire won't be consistently good until 45-50% self buffed crit, however you can drop as low as 40% and still do decently, you just can still be subject to annoying RNG.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post

Being able to hold your own in local park pick up game and being able to hold your own on a court full of 6'6+ beasts are different things that are worlds apart
    I think you explained exactly what I meant when I said that it's stupid to say"you need to be X tall to be good", or similarly, "you need X ilvl for Y spec to be good"! Also, I don't agree that "mostly heroic gear" is where the threshold is. I think it's closer to what LocNess said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane and Fire both perform worse at lower item levels compared to frost, because of their dependency of crit for fire/and mastery for arcane. Arcane and Fire both scale better with better gear. For Frost, you will hit haste cap, and crit cap quickly, then it's just mastery after that, and dps wise Frost Mastery can't compete with Fire or Arcane in SoO. Fire is so good if you can hit 50% and stack enough haste for extra ticks. Arcane is so good when you can get real high with mastery and haste. If you played all specs equally and played them well, you should go arcane or fire roughly around 555-560 Item level. If you're a boss at frost, stay frost though, I always say play what you enjoy and are best at. But if you're really curious as to what item level, I'd suggest 560, by then if you're geared properly, should have enough crit, with tons of haste, or shit loads of mastery, to pump out way more dps than you could as frost at that item level.
    Last edited by KoolKidKaos; 2014-09-18 at 07:54 PM.