Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Are the 20% nerfs already in place, or are they coming at a later date?

Unhappy

The nerfs will be active after server-restart.
    But if you look at the newest simcraft, this will be changing again.
    I do not recall fire mages being bottom last

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html
    Last edited by tubawizard; 2014-10-18 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tubawizard View Post
    The nerfs will be active after server-restart.
    But if you look at the newest simcraft, this will be changing again.
    I do not recall fire mages being bottom last

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html
    They may retune things going into T17, I can easily see these changes to just keep people sated until the expansion and keep sub numbers there. Otherwise people will whine and quit thinking their class will be crap in WoD. Gotta keep our chins up ^_^
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    OT: At the simcraft cracks and developers
    With the latest version 18-Oct-2014 15:41, the import does not work correctly. But older versions also have this bug.
    Every time I try to import my character via battle.net link (http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Smaiki/simple), my mythic WF Totem trinket (id=105540) is shown as the normal version (id=112768 or 104793 (I don't know which ID is right, but there are 2 for the ilvl 540 version on wowhead.com).

If I change the trinket to mythic non-wf, the import works correctly (trinket1=kardris_toxic_totem,id=104544,upgrade=4)

Code:
    trinket1=kardris_toxic_totem,id=112768,upgrade=4
    # gear_multistrike_rating=79
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-10-19 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    The "hotfix" seems much more then 20%, something like 40-45% actually. Maybe the 20% is the reduce on the base damage, but spell power scaling have been reduced too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    OT: At the simcraft cracks and developers
    With the latest version 18-Oct-2014 15:41, the import does not work correctly. But older versions also have this bug.
    Quoting http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html :
    !!!! Until Blizzard updates their Armory API, all gear that drops after the prepatch (10/14) will not show bonus ids. !!!!
    Ex: Mythic gear will show up as normal when imported into Simcraft. This does not affect gear attained before 6.0.2.
    Until then, if you wish to import your character, you may use our addon.
    This is a Blizzard Armory API issue, not a bug within Simulationcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by t00lam3 View Post
    The "hotfix" seems much more then 20%, something like 40-45% actually. Maybe the 20% is the reduce on the base damage, but spell power scaling have been reduced too.
    There is no such thing as base damage now. All nerfs were applied to spellpower scaling. The nerf was not more than 20%, and even if what you said was correct, that wouldn't have made a >20% nerf.

But if you compare with other mages, they are increased by 20%, so the gap between other specs and fire its 20% in one nerf. Blizzard its clearly forcing to use the other specs instead of fire. Its sad. If you want to balance, just rise up the other specs and measure them against fire. The same happened at the beginning of Pandaria when nerf fire mages were in the mechanics of combustion, and many people stopped using them
    Last edited by curdanet; 2014-10-20 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by curdanet View Post
    But if you compare with other mages, they are increased by 20%, so the gap between other specs and fire its 20% in one nerf. Blizzard its clearly forcing to use the other specs instead of fire. Its sad. If you want to balance, just rise up the other specs and measure them against fire. The same happened at the beginning of Pandaria when nerf fire mages were in the mechanics of combustion, and many people stopped using them
    I don't think they are trying to "force" anything. Fire was clearly out performing not only the other mage specs, but all other damage specs with the exception of fury warriors and as a result, they were nerfed. Whether 20% was excessive or not remains to be seen. Saying there is now a gap of 20% between fire and other specs is just nonsense.

One of the major concerns I'm seeing here is of fire's position in the new expansion given the nerfs. What most people seem to be forgetting is that these numbers are specifically being tuned for the next 3 weeks of 6.0. They obviously do not expect to go into the first few weeks of WoD without making some balance changes given that 6.0 doesn't even factor in level 100 talents, let alone stat scaling.

I'm still not sure about this hotfix business. I lvled on the beta realms from 95-100 on sunday 19 october (yesterday) as fire. Was I lvling with the nerfs active or without the nerfs? I was lvling together wtih a friend, we were both fire and lvling as fire still felt awesome, and I literally had 0 issues untill 100 mainly thanks to the 4piece bonus and living bomb. Me and my friend would both dot all mobs with living bomb and they would literally explode, even in nagrand. If the nerfs were active allready I will remain fire untill 100 because I really feel no other spec can pull multiple mobs as efficiently as fire can. We tried speccing frost but it feels its really not needed and slower if you lvl as a duo party, living bomb for the win!
    (I can see how frost is better if you're solo because a single living bomb wont do enough damage).

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a really cool idea. Were you questing at the same time or just straight up grinding mobs?
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

Well lets do a balance here.

Spec DPS Actual Performance
    Frost 100
    Arcane 100
    Fire 100

Applying nerf and empower

Spec DPS Final Performance
    Frost 120
    Arcane 120
    Fire 80

The difference betweeen Fire and others specs is 40(%).

Obviously a difference between specializations of this size in dps discourages people to use the fire mage. That's the point of the comment. And also remember that it is not the first time it happens.

Frost 100
    Arcane 100
    Fire 100.
    What gave you the belief that all 3 specs were even before the change? I have not heard anyone who raided last week claim that they feel this is the case.
    Last edited by Komman; 2014-10-20 at 07:14 PM.

Anyone else not gaining any crit from the elixir of weaponry?

What trinkets is the best choice for fire mages after 6.0? I just looted BBoY'S Mythic and I got Purified bindings HC and Totem HC from before. Wich one should I replace? And is BBoY'S the best choice for Fire mages?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minotir View Post
    What trinkets is the best choice for fire mages after 6.0? I just looted BBoY'S Mythic and I got Purified bindings HC and Totem HC from before. Wich one should I replace? And is BBoY'S the best choice for Fire mages?
    Before 6.0 BBoY was better than KTT, however KTT is now better due to MS being good for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Before 6.0 BBoY was better than KTT, however KTT is now better due to MS being good for us.
    True, but I'm pretty sure that Mythic BBoY is still better than Heroic KTT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    True, but I'm pretty sure that Mythic BBoY is still better than Heroic KTT.
    Ah, bleh. Still mixing up HC with Old Heroic. You are correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Frost 100
    Arcane 100
    Fire 100

Applying nerf and empower

Spec DPS Final Performance
    Frost 120
    Arcane 120
    Fire 80

The difference betweeen Fire and others specs is 40(%).

Obviously a difference between specializations of this size in dps discourages people to use the fire mage. That's the point of the comment. And also remember that it is not the first time it happens.
    Not even going to respond to your balancing logic, not sure if troll or if disability.

I recall fire being very strong at the beginning of MoP for heroic raiding, primarily due to combustion. After the nerf Arcane pulled ahead, mainly because it was doing more damage than intended through 6 stack camping and scorch weaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondey View Post
    Not even going to respond to your balancing logic, not sure if troll or if disability.

I recall fire being very strong at the beginning of MoP for heroic raiding, primarily due to combustion. After the nerf Arcane pulled ahead, mainly because it was doing more damage than intended through 6 stack camping and scorch weaving.
    Indeed. I recall them "nerfing" Combustion and made it 100% of Ignite. Best raiding week of my Fire Mage's life.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Indeed. I recall them "nerfing" Combustion and made it 100% of Ignite. Best raiding week of my Fire Mage's life.
    They removed the Pyro dot from it and compensated with doubling ignite.. Then reverted the buff to ignite and didn't bring Pyro dot back