Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Any part in particular you are having issues with?
    After playing it for a bit I think I've got it... You basically sit at 1.5 pyro and chain fireball + pyro together to try and abuse the server's low 20 tic-rate in to processing the fireball and pyro in the same tic, basically giving you a double chance to get another proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    After playing it for a bit I think I've got it... You basically sit at 1.5 pyro and chain fireball + pyro together to try and abuse the server's low 20 tic-rate in to processing the fireball and pyro in the same tic, basically giving you a double chance to get another proc.
    That is pretty much it, yeah
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

That is pretty much it, yeah
    I feel like its so much easier to say 1.5 pyro vs "HS/HU" lol

When using LB for aoe, at what moments should I (re)apply it?
    I tend to apply it just before it ends (as I was always doing for dot classes).
    But it seems I can easily waste HU proc this way.
    Or should I just ignore HU proc, reapply LB and spread it immediately w/ IB?

Hello,

if some 1 could please clarify something for me.

I ve seen on noxxic and also some comments about how mastery will overtake crit, is this a reality for 665-670 ilvl or only 685 and above?
    I ask because ive been crafting gear for crit over mastery and gemming/enchanting for crit.

Also, i have a doubt about snapshoting combustion. obviously the ignite dot will be snapshot but will the berserking racial and the shards of nothing usage also snapshot or will they update when they finish?

Thanks guys!

Deleted
    First, don't use Noxxic. Second, Mastery overtakes crit slightly due to T17 set bonuses. Just worry about getting gear with either or both if possible.

Only the Ignite DoT tick is snapshotted, Combustion interacts the same way with buffs everything else does once it's cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuhdo View Post
    When using LB for aoe, at what moments should I (re)apply it?
    I tend to apply it just before it ends (as I was always doing for dot classes).
    But it seems I can easily waste HU proc this way.
    Or should I just ignore HU proc, reapply LB and spread it immediately w/ IB?
    I tend to prioritize spreading DoTs with 4+ targets. If less, try and get your Pyro unless you have a Combustion to spread as well, then just make sure you get it spread. Living Bomb will still explode if you refresh with IIRC 3.6 seconds or less left on the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabared View Post
    Hello,

if some 1 could please clarify something for me.

I ve seen on noxxic and also some comments about how mastery will overtake crit, is this a reality for 665-670 ilvl or only 685 and above?
    I ask because ive been crafting gear for crit over mastery and gemming/enchanting for crit.

Also, i have a doubt about snapshoting combustion. obviously the ignite dot will be snapshot but will the berserking racial and the shards of nothing usage also snapshot or will they update when they finish?

Thanks guys!
    Garrod is correct in everything. Prioritize Crit/Mastery gear (Conquest 660 gear has a bunch), and Combustion damage is the same for the duration, but the time between ticks and such changes with Bloodlust being up or not and etc.

I tend to prioritize spreading DoTs with 4+ targets. If less, try and get your Pyro unless you have a Combustion to spread as well, then just make sure you get it spread. Living Bomb will still explode if you refresh with IIRC 3.6 seconds or less left on the duration.
    Let's take Tectus HM as an example, assuming I'm specialized for Living Bomb.

When there's just Tectus himself, I ignore LB, doing my regular rotation since the guide says Living Bomb is a dps lost on pure single target.

1. When shards of Tectus appear (just two of them, no motes yet), should I start using LB?

2. If yes, should I spread the bomb ASAP (i.e. hit the IB button the very moment I applied the dot to main target).
    Or should I still continue my regular single target rotations maintaining the bomb on my current target?

3. When shard dies and motes appear, should I start spreading the bomb ASAP?
    I mean, I used to play dot classes before and it was always beneficial to have high uptime for dots on all targets.
    Or is the damage of dot component of Living Bomb just too insignificant compared to it's explosion part?
    And therefore, I should continue my regular single target rotation making sure that LB is applied to my current target (duration doesn't matter, any time left is good enough) just before I use IB.

Sorry for my poor language skills and thanks for your answers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuhdo View Post
    Let's take Tectus HM as an example, assuming I'm specialized for Living Bomb.

When there's just Tectus himself, I ignore LB, doing my regular rotation since the guide says Living Bomb is a dps lost on pure single target.

1. When shards of Tectus appear (just two of them, no motes yet), should I start using LB?

2. If yes, should I spread the bomb ASAP (i.e. hit the IB button the very moment I applied the dot to main target).
    Or should I still continue my regular single target rotations maintaining the bomb on my current target?

3. When shard dies and motes appear, should I start spreading the bomb ASAP?
    I mean, I used to play dot classes before and it was always beneficial to have high uptime for dots on all targets.
    Or is the damage of dot component of Living Bomb just too insignificant compared to it's explosion part?
    And therefore, I should continue my regular single target rotation making sure that LB is applied to my current target (duration doesn't matter, any time left is good enough) just before I use IB.

Sorry for my poor language skills and thanks for your answers!
    I am progressing on Mythic Tectus right now. I still use LB during Phase 1 when adds come to the boss because it helps cleave them down without having to switch to them. Start using it as much as possible (without overlapping obviously) when the shards come up so you can spread it, however for your initial start I would get your Pyro DoT on the primary target first so you spread that as well, and Ignite. Try and get a HS to hold when the shards die so when the Motes come up you can immediately Pyro one, put LB up and then spread, and if LB is about to fall off, prioritize spreading it over getting another Pyro.

I'm currently raiding as Arcane, but i've always been a fire dude.
    Since in Highmaul Arcane only really shine on two bosses, Kargath and Butcher, i'm looking into Fire again.
    What sorta crit should one aim for to get started? Reading alot about mastery >= Crit, any legit stuff?

Current gear, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...epology/simple

Trying to sim my char with all the correct crit enchants(in current gear), but seriously think I'm getting it wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rullarn View Post
    I'm currently raiding as Arcane, but i've always been a fire dude.
    Since in Highmaul Arcane only really shine on two bosses, Kargath and Butcher, i'm looking into Fire again.
    What sorta crit should one aim for to get started? Reading alot about mastery >= Crit, any legit stuff?

Current gear, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...epology/simple

Trying to sim my char with all the correct crit enchants(in current gear), but seriously think I'm getting it wrong
    I would aim to have around 32%-35% self buffed crit to pull decent numbers. Go Crit > Mastery for awhile yet, it won't change until Tier for BRF is equipped. Conquest pieces have a nice amount of Crit/Mastery gear to get quickly, and Arcane/Fire isn't bad at all to use because Arcane can be used for Single Target, and Mastery Fire is great for Multi Target, making a nice balance regardless.

Let's say there's 8 mobs like tectus, would you hard cast a pyro to get the dot up so that your inferno blast is up to spread living bomb asap instead of using IF to upgrade your heating up proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say there's 8 mobs like tectus, would you hard cast a pyro to get the dot up so that your inferno blast is up to spread living bomb asap instead of using IF to upgrade your heating up proc?
    Spread Living Bomb and then work for Pyro. They are generally up for so little time, you would be losing a ton of damage hard casting.

Spread Living Bomb and then work for Pyro. They are generally up for so little time, you would be losing a ton of damage hard casting.
    So living bomb -> IF -> and then try to get a pyro up the normal way of spamming fireball?

10+ Year Old Account
    So living bomb -> IF -> and then try to get a pyro up the normal way of spamming fireball?
    Yes. You will have a new cycle of Inferno Blast coming right up anyway, or two charges with tier coming up. And the guide will be updated to present BIS Gear and such in the next couple days. I meant to do it the past two weeks but I have gotten extremely busy and haven't had the time at all.

Yes. You will have a new cycle of Inferno Blast coming right up anyway, or two charges with tier coming up. And the guide will be updated to present BIS Gear and such in the next couple days. I meant to do it the past two weeks but I have gotten extremely busy and haven't had the time at all.
    Oh sorry I wasn't aware of the fire set bonuses. The 4 piece will make for some fat combusts.

New question. When combustion is on cool down, is there ever a time you should release a pyro without both HU and Pyroblast! procs? Let's say I chain a few pyros and end up with just the PYROBLAST! proc, I should then spam FB until I get the HU proc in addition as well right? The FB+pyro into a new pyro chain right?

Outside of combustion you should always be pyro camping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guide is pretty much set for 6.1. Things coming soon*tm will be better Talent sections, a BRF section, and 4P T17 interaction. If you have any questions, please ask.

How much of dps loss is Unstable Magic to Blast Wave on a fight like Butcher? It still feels weird stop trying to get Pyros to shoot two Blast Waves..