Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Vex View Post
    Did you also go for that prio before obtaining T17?
    No, it was only after.

EDIT: However, if you switch between Arcane/Fire a lot for ST/Cleave fights, then there isn't too much of an issue just leaving Mastery enchants and such on. You will get your 4P eventually regardless.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2015-02-22 at 02:28 PM.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    No, it was only after.

EDIT: However, if you switch between Arcane/Fire a lot for ST/Cleave fights, then there isn't too much of an issue just leaving Mastery enchants and such on. You will get your 4P eventually regardless.
    The problem is when you want to try to cling to Frost/Fire *QQ*

Zero plans to do anything but Fire once I get my last token because I haaaaaate Arcane.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

What would you guys say would be a safe amount of crit to switch over to Fire? I really dislike Arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belzeber View Post
    What would you guys say would be a safe amount of crit to switch over to Fire? I really dislike Arcane.
    I would say to aim for 30% or higher. I only have 32% and it does okay. Some dry streaks happen, but we have IBx2 now and such that does help a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am currently 667iLvL, specced fire. and I have 38% crit unbuffed. With food, and AB, I am about 43%. In raids I am getting pretty consistent pyro chains. I have no tier sets, so I don't know what will change with my rotation yet. I have however, found that once you break through 660.. your dps is better served by stacking crit, then to a lesser extent haste, and then mastery third, MS 4th. The goal seems to be about 45% crit, and 13% haste (for sub 2sec FB casts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Am currently 667iLvL, specced fire. and I have 38% crit unbuffed. With food, and AB, I am about 43%. In raids I am getting pretty consistent pyro chains. I have no tier sets, so I don't know what will change with my rotation yet. I have however, found that once you break through 660.. your dps is better served by stacking crit, then to a lesser extent haste, and then mastery third, MS 4th. The goal seems to be about 45% crit, and 13% haste (for sub 2sec FB casts).
    No matter what kind of gear you have before 4P, it is always Crit > Mastery. Your Haste/MS might jump around each other depending on the amount you have of each (which is why simcraft is helpful), but you can't throw random numbers in the air and call it something to aim for.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what kind of gear you have before 4P, it is always Crit > Mastery. Your Haste/MS might jump around each other depending on the amount you have of each (which is why simcraft is helpful), but you can't throw random numbers in the air and call it something to aim for.
    I am basing this off of week to week raiding in which I have been systematically replacing mastery/MS peices with crit/haste peices and seeing an increase in dps. My mastery is still high, and I am not suggesting they eschew mastery et al.

My biggest problem with prioritizing mastery ahead of haste is that ignite is CONSTANTLY changing.. as damage rolls over from high and low. Haste is a steady dps increase as you decrease your cast time. This is not to say that going zero mastery and all haste is right, but I ma having a lot of trouble understanding how putting mastery so high is supposed to increase dps (from a practical standpoint)
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2015-02-23 at 02:18 AM.

Deleted
    I am basing this off of week to week raiding in which I have been systematically replacing mastery/MS peices with crit/haste peices and seeing an increase in dps. My mastery is still high, and I am not suggesting they eschew mastery et al.

My biggest problem with prioritizing mastery ahead of haste is that ignite is CONSTANTLY changing.. as damage rolls over from high and low. Haste is a steady dps increase as you decrease your cast time. This is not to say that going zero mastery and all haste is right, but I ma having a lot of trouble understanding how putting mastery so high is supposed to increase dps (from a practical standpoint)
    Mastery is a steady dps increase as you apply x% of direct damage from Fireball, Pyroblast and Inferno Blast as a DoT over 5s.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, conveniently you don't have your 4P or 2P, so yeah, stacking crit will probably lead to a DPS increase over your Mastery pieces. And if you are replacing pieces of your gear, I am going to assume the ilevel is changing to, however since I cannot accurately say one way or another if that is happening, we will ignore it for now.

Now, Ignite is constantly changing, yes. But that doesn't mean you have no effect on it. Taking a look at these logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=16&source=7

We can see that my Ignite did 18.77% of my damage on a single target fight. And it is even stronger on multi target:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=1&source=7

Coming at 20.64% of my damage. But you could say, "Ok Mr. Loc, but you have 4P and stack Mastery so its like super stronger and stuff."

I cast Alter Time, boom we are in Highmaul now. Vale is in 671 Gear with no tier at all.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=11&source=13

Ignite still did 14.05% of my damage.

Now that increase from 14.05% to 18.77% is due to the wonderful stat Mastery. And lets go ahead and look at those Combustions too. On Butcher, Combustion did only 7.5% of my damage at a measly 17.1k crit ticks. However, if you look back on Gruul, that number changes to 13.63% of my damage with 24.8k crit ticks from Combustion max (which is honestly fairly low, especially comparing it to my 42k crit ticks I had earlier this week on a wipe attempt).

That is all Mastery. On my Iron Maiden kill, where Mastery is even stronger due to multi-target, my Combustion did 18.74% of my overall damage. That is almost 1/5th of my Damage in a button I pressed every 90sec.

Haste helps some things, and you obviously need to cast spells to be able to crit, but we have DoTs constantly ticking that help offset our generally low cast times, and that isn't a negative thing at all. Our DoTs are extremely powerful considering they are passive damage, and Mastery is a cheap stat to boot, especially compared to Haste. Stack Mastery. Stack Mastery. Stack Mastery. After crit until you get your 4P. Use Simcraft to see if MS > Haste or vice versa.

Deleted
    I would say to aim for 30% or higher. I only have 32% and it does okay. Some dry streaks happen, but we have IBx2 now and such that does help a lot.
    I wouldn't even say that Fire has got something as in "you need this much to be competitive". With 500 Crit raiting, I was simming Crit to be marginally better than Mastery on Single Target, the difference was something like 4.1 - to 4.0 in stat value. Mastery obviously took over as soon as Another target was added to the equation.

I'd rather say, go Fire as soon as you would like. Fire is extremely good on multiple targets, and for that you don't really need Crit. Crit trinkets such as Oregorger and DMF helps out alot though. The opening Combustion is still very important.

So what would you guys say is "too much" Crit? sitting at 1,954 rating and I'm guessing it might be a bit too much, but god damn is it wonderful predicting pretty much every crit that will happen

If Trinkets influence our stat priority at all, I have all 3 on Heroic from BRF (Darmac's is WF and Crucible is Socket, if that changes anything).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So what would you guys say is "too much" Crit? sitting at 1,954 rating and I'm guessing it might be a bit too much, but god damn is it wonderful predicting pretty much every crit that will happen

If Trinkets influence our stat priority at all, I have all 3 on Heroic from BRF (Darmac's is WF and Crucible is Socket, if that changes anything).
    Really depends on your tier. I have 4P so only run ~700 crit and do fine. Trinket wise, they can slightly, but ultimately it is just simming to see what is better. Goren Soul would probably push ahead of Darmac's, regardless of Darmac's being WF. Crucible can be socketed with +50 Mastery (or crit with no tier).

Deleted
    Hey guys.
    Maybe it is in here somewhere but i cant find it.
    Anyone that call tell me what the 4 set proc is called?
    I found some strings for weakauras here but i'm using TMW at the moment to track my buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by svin View Post
    Hey guys.
    Maybe it is in here somewhere but i cant find it.
    Anyone that call tell me what the 4 set proc is called?
    I found some strings for weakauras here but i'm using TMW at the moment to track my buffs.
    Pyromaniac

Deleted
    great, thank you Wilderness

Deleted
    Am I the only one that feel that the fire nerf to 4 set was a little much? I've gone boss fights where I only see it once. Before the nerf I would pretty much plan my combustion around a proc, but at this point, I use the pyros when they proc ofc, but beyond that it's just mehh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    Am I the only one that feel that the fire nerf to 4 set was a little much? I've gone boss fights where I only see it once. Before the nerf I would pretty much plan my combustion around a proc, but at this point, I use the pyros when they proc ofc, but beyond that it's just mehh.
    It is painfully inconsistent at this point. I have done fights with 5, and other fights with what it seems like 2.

It is painfully inconsistent at this point. I have done fights with 5, and other fights with what it seems like 2.
    Whats really fun is when it chain procs 2-3 times in a row 20 or so seconds before your combust...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Whats really fun is when it chain procs 2-3 times in a row 20 or so seconds before your combust...
    RNG giveth and RNG taketh.

Deleted
    What is recommended ilvl to start using Fire? Atm I am 652 on my mage alt, and my fire dps is abysmal compared to my arcane dps. Any ideas?