Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does any one know why icy veins have updated the stats prio for fire mages, so that now the best secondary stat is haste up to 900?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    What is recommended ilvl to start using Fire? Atm I am 652 on my mage alt, and my fire dps is abysmal compared to my arcane dps. Any ideas?
    Fire is going to do more than Arcane during Cleave/AoE fights. Arcane will win in Single Target fights. I wouldn't say there is a specific item level, the higher the ilevel the more consistent Fire becomes though in general. Aim for Crit, once you get your 4P tier aim for Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Does any one know why icy veins have updated the stats prio for fire mages, so that now the best secondary stat is haste up to 900?
    I assume to make the 4P proc easier to manage. The lower your haste, the faster your reaction time needs to be. Dutchmagoz suggests ~900 Haste. I only run 777 Haste as Fire according to my armory so to each their own. I won't personally suggest having 900 Haste is a must have, but the higher the haste the easier it is to get your 3 Pyros per Proc, that cannot be argued against.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    I would say to make sure and sim your character before doing the Haste thing too. It ends up being a DPS loss on my sim, most likely due to having to switch over to my Mythic Imperator Trinket over my Goren trinket and to a lower ilvl neck to get to the Haste breakpoint.

Has anyone been able to capture "haste rating" required for +1 tick of Living Bomb, Combustion, Pyroblast and Ignite? I am curious if I am close to an extra DoT tick and could swap a Crit/Mastery piece to a Haste/Mastery (or Crit) piece to gain the extra tick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelean View Post
    Has anyone been able to capture "haste rating" required for +1 tick of Living Bomb, Combustion, Pyroblast and Ignite? I am curious if I am close to an extra DoT tick and could swap a Crit/Mastery piece to a Haste/Mastery (or Crit) piece to gain the extra tick?
    No longer a thing we have to worry about:

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...ds-of-draenor/
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Hello there, i recently switch from frost to fire, because you know, multitarget in BRF !

I have few questions :

- How should i use living bomb on multitargets ? Only one on the main target then spread with IB, or keep the living bomb on all the targets ? Best exemple is on the maidens, i dont know if have to keep the dot on the 3 targets.

- Should i use Trinkets directly at the pull or wait my first Combustion ?

- Should i use IB directly after Combustion, or spread it later is good ?

- On fights like Thogar or Darmac should i keep living bomb up on the boss when there are no adds ?

Thanks a lot

Well that really sucks, yay for rounding off everyone and not making proc management important with applying DoTs, etc. Thanks for guiding me to this webpage Locness, I started off WoD as Frost and had no concerns with haste caps, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feralover View Post
    Hello there, i recently switch from frost to fire, because you know, multitarget in BRF !

I have few questions :

- How should i use living bomb on multitargets ? Only one on the main target then spread with IB, or keep the living bomb on all the targets ? Best exemple is on the maidens, i dont know if have to keep the dot on the 3 targets. -I only keep the Dot on the main target, so i can keep a higher ignite up on them and spread the LB with the larger Ignite to others instead of stop casting and building up that ignite on current target to swap to other targets to apply Living Bomb.

- Should i use Trinkets directly at the pull or wait my first Combustion ? - I per-pot on pull and per cast a Pyroblast so that it hits the second the tank is pulling. With regards to trinkets, I pop my Trinket that adds Crit (rare drop off Twins in HM), and spam Fballs to Pyro camp. I unload a Pyro after i have 2 Pyroblast! procs and hope for a 3rd or 4th based of the Pyros cast, then use Combustion. My big ignite is a good UI Addon to track large size Ignites for really big combustions.

- Should i use IB directly after Combustion, or spread it later is good ? - Why would you not want to spread Combustion to all other adds near your current target? I always use IB after every single Combustion. Even if its a single target chances of hitting another Pyroblast! are really good off the IB or next Fball cast.

- On fights like Thogar or Darmac should i keep living bomb up on the boss when there are no adds ? Why would you not want to keep the DoT up on the boss? I'd make a focus macro /cast [@Focus] Living Bomb Use that once the LB drops below 3 seconds (I think i am reading the haste information correctly from Lockness on this "soft haste cap" B/S that Blizz using for WoD

For Darmac, I try to save my IBs when he randomly targets a ranged player, so when I IB the Dots on the boss spread to the spears near that ranged player. I also try to stack my spears within 10yards of others for better dot cleaves later.

Thanks a lot
    My opinion is listed above in a different color. Again, this is only my opinion, and I too would also love to improve my performance.
    Last edited by Seelean; 2015-03-10 at 04:42 PM.

Few quick questions:

1. Is LB still a DPS loss on single-target? (assume slightly under Heroic BiS for gear)
    2. Is BW still the best for ST?
    3. About how much crit are we supposed to shoot for? Haste? Assuming Mastery everywhere else?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    1) It's basically DPS neutral, which in the real world means it's a very minor dps loss
    2) Yep
    3) Assuming 4piece and 680ish gear, ~800-900 haste is more valuable than anything else: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewto...&t=1370#p13029 After that get however much mastery and crit you can. Crit isn't actually very important since you get ~25% passively just from being fire. The reason why ~800+ haste is recommended instead of ~700 as that graph seems to suggest is that in real life you will have to deal with latency, reaction times etc, meaning you want a little extra to guarantee the 3rd pyro will get casted.
    Last edited by mmoce49677c372; 2015-03-10 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
    1) It's basically DPS neutral, which in the real world means it's a very minor dps loss
    2) Yep
    3) Assuming 4piece and 680ish gear, ~800-900 haste is more valuable than anything else: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewto...&t=1370#p13029 After that get however much mastery and crit you can. Crit isn't actually very important since you get ~25% passively just from being fire.
    Alright; been using it on every fight since it's been my OS and still parsing in top 80%+ for Heroic and 95%+ for Normal, but I wanted to start pushing better numbers. Figured it was that.

Damn, was hoping I could be lazy and go UM finally, lol.

Well I hope Haste isn't TOO terrible though. Sitting on 954 and I plan to have a bit more...

Thanks much!

Edit: One last question actually, at what point does LB become better? 2 targets? 3?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Haste is still a very strong stat, 954 is a perfectly good number. Iirc LB becomes better on 3 targets while BW is still better for 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Few quick questions:

1. Is LB still a DPS loss on single-target? (assume slightly under Heroic BiS for gear)
    2. Is BW still the best for ST?
    3. About how much crit are we supposed to shoot for? Haste? Assuming Mastery everywhere else?
    You aren't really supposed to shoot for any crit at all. If you however wish to play Fire for Single Target, which at this point would be gimping yourself by like 20%. 1k+ would probably be doable and easily obtainable. LB, atleast in my gear (don't really know how it scales in comparison to BW) does more dmg on 2 targets.

How the hell do you get 10k+ combustion ticks? I've heard (and seen) people even go way above that, but I assume that's with 4pc?

My itemlevel is kind of meh (669, not using correctly itemized gear though in most slots) and the highest I've seen for myself is like 7k, but that's rare and I usually get 3k-5k, especially mid fight where I always get very low combustions.

Even when I get a decent pyro chain of like 3 I still often don't get a good combustion out of it.

Deleted
    I was getting 15k+ ignites well before I got my 2/4pc, so it's not really a set bonus thing. Depends more on your ilvl and amount of Mastery than anything really.

Does it really make THAT much of a difference?

I mean I'm watching Vykina/Lexi stream right now and his ignite value went way over 10k with just 2 pyro's, he has 24 item levels over me but does fire really scale that hard?

Like he's obviously a far better player then me but I grasp what the idea is, I'm from what I can see executing properly but I'm not getting results anywhere close.

I'm just asking about ignite/combustion here, I can improve in other areas but that's not really what I want to know right now.

Deleted
    Also trinkets, i have Goren's+DMC which makes for absolutely glorious pulls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

I mean I'm watching Vykina/Lexi stream right now and his ignite value went way over 10k with just 2 pyro's, he has 24 item levels over me but does fire really scale that hard?

Like he's obviously a far better player then me but I grasp what the idea is, I'm from what I can see executing properly but I'm not getting results anywhere close.

I'm just asking about ignite/combustion here, I can improve in other areas but that's not really what I want to know right now.
    The ilvl really does make a difference. Getting over 10k mid fight is quite common for me too really. Getting that to line up with Combustion being off CD is another issue entirely lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this "chain Pyroblast" everyone is talking about? Every time I put my Crystal down with Pyroblast! and Heating Up I never get more than 2 Pyroblasts... if even that!

Also: At 663 what is a "good" amount of Combustion? Like single tick.
    Last edited by Feali; 2015-03-12 at 03:17 AM.

Deleted
    Sorry for my english.
    I think the way to do very good aoe dps for mage in wod is how to use living bomb. If u master the lb your dps it will be crazy.
    I have a lot of problems with my living bomb and i need help.
    I have 2bonus sets bonus, i read a lot of guides but i cant find the istructions of the perfect esecution.

A good exemple to understand how it works could be the beastlord fight coz a lot of waves of adds come in fight. and a lot of target around the rooms so on beastloard we have all the kinds of aoe.

Question 1, let the bomb expire or refresh it under 3.5 secs?
    Question 2, use inferno blast to spread bombs and ignte as soon as possible with or without proc, or wait heanting up proc?
    Question 3 is really easy, lb on boss 1 target, or lb on boss and 2 target (we lose 2gcd) when the spires comes?

After the opener with combustion on boss the real living bomb fight starts and here i can see a lot of kinds of playstile, what is the best?

-dps the boss apply lb on boss and on 2 spires when they comes, so we have 3lb up. <- i think this sucks

-dps only the boss as main target, use inferno blast (with or without procs?) to spread the bomb and the ingite from boss on adds and refresh the bomb after the explosion. <- i think this is the best but need to know if is better let the lb explode or we need to refresh on boss under <3.5 secs.

-dps the boss as main target, when adds come lb,pyro!inferno blast (with or without procs?) to spread the bomb and the ingite from add to adds <- i think this is wrong if u have adds under the boss

-dps the boss, when adds comes switch to pack adds, use pyroblast! if u have use bombs on add and use inferno blast to spread with or without the proc <- i think this is the second way if u have no adds on boss.

The same problems are presents on operator fight with no dk on group and on fournace with 2 or 3 packs of mobs.
    Last edited by mmoc94e7fe7506; 2015-03-12 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Edit: One last question actually, at what point does LB become better? 2 targets? 3?
    I believe that BW and LB are pretty much even on 2-targets IF those 2 targets are basically together all the time so that they are getting hit with both LB explosions and LB is being cleaved to both. Since that doesn't really happen in practice, BW should be better on 2-target fights, LB on 3+.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

The ilvl differences do matter, but also Mastery plays a big role in that too, since that directly determines how big your ignites are. So if you are way below his ilvl and he has much better itemization, you can see a really big difference in ignites.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2015-03-12 at 03:17 PM.