Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainauriel View Post
    Could you maybe update the item list? It's still set to BRF gear.

I'm sticking with fire and found myself competing very well against both frost and arcane mages on the meters. I'm just really confused on what trinkets to choose for fire. I can't find anything viable when browsing the web either - please help?

Fainauriel - fire mage for 10 years
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
    Here is what I use.
    I raid as Fire on all the bosses, may not be ideal, but I find Fire to be competitive enough.
    I've recently returned from a break and found this very helpful as I've always preferred fire and intend to raid with it again now,. thank you for taking the time to share it

Just a few questions, I'm very casual now and never really got into simming my character. I have tier 4pc HC @ 685ilvl, and now getting some 695-705ilvl drops from normal HFC,.. should I be replacing my old tier with random items for the int increase or sticking with 4pc until i score the 2set from the current tier?

Also, should I be going for any haste cap before stacking crit?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmocd925fa8e2f; 2015-09-10 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I've recently returned from a break and found this very helpful as I've always preferred fire and intend to raid with it again now,. thank you for taking the time to share it

Just a few questions, I'm very casual now and never really got into simming my character. I have tier 4pc HC @ 685ilvl, and now getting some 695-705ilvl drops from normal HFC,.. should I be replacing my old tier with random items for the int increase or sticking with 4pc until i score the 2set from the current tier?

Also, should I be going for any haste cap before stacking crit?

Thanks in advance!
    I would keep your 4P until you can at least get the 2p if the ilevels are significant enough (aim for 10+), yes. Or even better to just go from T17 4P to T18 4P, but that is optimistic. Just keep upgrading in general, remember to get that crit when you can, and make sure you break tier bonuses for other tier bonuses, not for just items and such.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I would keep your 4P until you can at least get the 2p if the ilevels are significant enough (aim for 10+), yes. Or even better to just go from T17 4P to T18 4P, but that is optimistic. Just keep upgrading in general, remember to get that crit when you can, and make sure you break tier bonuses for other tier bonuses, not for just items and such.
    Just what LocNess said..
    I don't stack haste. I aim for at least 50% Crit, and as much Mastery as I can for bigger Combustion's. Raid buffed, I am around 51% Crit and 44% Mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a list of the Crit items and trinkets to look for on each boss.

Hellfire Assault
    Sootstained Signet(Ring) – Crit/Mastery
    Sparkburnt Cloak – Crit/Haste

Iron Reaver
    Iron Reaver Piston- Trinket-Crit/Haste

Kormrok –Tier Head
    Cowl of Conclave – Crit/Mastery (tier)
    Craggy Gloves – Crit/Haste
    Glowing Firestone – (Neck) Crit/Multi

Kilrogg Deadeye
    Ancient Wrap – (Chest) Crit/Mast
    Fallen Mindcarver – (Dagger) Crit/Haste

High Council
    Desecrated Insignia – (Trinket) +361 Mastery
    Mindbender Flameblade – (Sword) Crit/Multi

Gorefiend- Tier Legs
    Gibbering Madness- (off Hand) Crit/Multi
    Pantaloons of Conclave – Mast/Multi (tier)
    Spur of Devourer – (Staff) Crit/Mastery

Shadow-lord Iskar - Tier
    Rainment of Clarity-(Chest) Crit/Multi - (Best Non-tier to use IMO)
    Unblinking Gaze –(Trinket) +379 Intell.
    Deceiver’s Wand – Crit/Haste
    Amice of Power – (Shoulder) Crit/Mastery

Socrethar the Eternal
    Gloves of the Conclave – Crit/Multi (tier)
    Seal of Councilor –(Ring) Crit/Haste

Tyrant Velhari
    Contemptuous Waistguard – Crit/Mastery
    Satin Gloves of Injustice – Crit/Multi

Fel Lord Zakuun
    Bloody Heeled Pumps – (boots) Crit/Vers

Xhul’horac – Tier Shoulders
    Mantle of the Conclave – Crit/Haste
    Vial of Liquid-(neck) Crit/Mastery

Mannoroth – Tier Chest
    Robe of Conclave – Haste/Mastery – Tier
    Leggings of the Iron Summer- Crit/Haste
    Prophecy of Fear-(Trinket) +397 Intell

Archimonde
    Tome of Shifting Words - Trinket (Not very good for Fire)
    Demon Prince Crown – Crit/Mastery
    Last edited by Zuul; 2015-09-11 at 01:13 PM.

What about PvP items (700)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    You don't want to run both crit trinkets.
    It really really works well.
    It makes a 100% crit on main spells with an uptime around 50% of the fight, and makes burst damage extremely reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    It really really works well.
    It makes a 100% crit on main spells with an uptime around 50% of the fight, and makes burst damage extremely reliable.
    It really doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    It really doesn't.
    Can you explain why it doesn't? I'm not challenging the assertion, just curious as to the reasoning behind it.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Can you explain why it doesn't? I'm not challenging the assertion, just curious as to the reasoning behind it.
    Double crit procs wastes a large amount of the crit - you end up wasting enough value of the procs to make non-crit procs worth more than the periods where you are not double procing. So things like GSR OR Sandmans + Seethe end up performing better.

Stats like crit DR quickly as you approach cap. It's much more important to get to a high level of crit than it is to get to 100% crit. ( when we're talking about trinket procs. In general I highly doubt any stat ever overtakes crit as a secondary on gear for Fire at the moment )
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2015-09-16 at 02:25 PM.

Fair enough. I thought it was something like that, but wasn't sure if there were something else specific.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

I just read the last 10 pages or so of this guide and i still have some questions. I am sorry for you experienced guys as you get almost identical questions over and over again

- i play very casually and my mage only has ilvl665 and NO tier bonus, so the gear is just a crude mix from garrison missions, Tanaan and crafted stuff. Trinkets are alright, Sandman 685, 670 Blackiron Micro Crucible (maybe swap this to the Coren Direbrew Trinket, which gives Crit / Spellpower Proc?) and occasionally play fire, especially in dungeons where i totally love the style and the numbers

- Am i doing this right (regarding Combustion, with Meteor): (wait until Sandman procs) Fireball until HU, IB, Fireball until Pyro! + HU, finish Fireball, cast Pyroblast so they reach the target simultaneously, Meteor. From there, i cast all instant Pyroblasts (mostly 1, sometimes 2) and combust. Room to improve? What do i cast when no or just 1 Pyro procs after Meteor? Do nothing? Cast a Fireball? Cast IB? BW is to be ignored because it doesnt generate Ignite, right? Combustionhelper tells me my Combustion Ignites are between 2.5k and 3.5k depending on 1 or 2 Pyro procs after Meteor, is this alright? Seems a tad low (tests were done on the dummies in the garrison)

- When fighting 2+ targets, i do use IB kinda on cooldown, for spreading Ignite, Pyroblast Dot and LB, right? Do i use it for updating HU to Pyro! or is it better to use IB just for spreading?

- I know that Pyroblast Camping is best dps (outside of getting max ignite for combustion), but what if i have a trinket buff that runs out and i am sitting right on only a Pyro! proc? Cast Pyro to have it benefit from the trinket proc or still camp and wait for HU?

Thanks in advance guys, i really appreciate your effort!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    I just read the last 10 pages or so of this guide and i still have some questions. I am sorry for you experienced guys as you get almost identical questions over and over again

- i play very casually and my mage only has ilvl665 and NO tier bonus, so the gear is just a crude mix from garrison missions, Tanaan and crafted stuff. Trinkets are alright, Sandman 685, 670 Blackiron Micro Crucible (maybe swap this to the Coren Direbrew Trinket, which gives Crit / Spellpower Proc?) and occasionally play fire, especially in dungeons where i totally love the style and the numbers

- Am i doing this right (regarding Combustion, with Meteor): (wait until Sandman procs) Fireball until HU, IB, Fireball until Pyro! + HU, finish Fireball, cast Pyroblast so they reach the target simultaneously, Meteor. From there, i cast all instant Pyroblasts (mostly 1, sometimes 2) and combust. Room to improve? What do i cast when no or just 1 Pyro procs after Meteor? Do nothing? Cast a Fireball? Cast IB? BW is to be ignored because it doesnt generate Ignite, right? Combustionhelper tells me my Combustion Ignites are between 2.5k and 3.5k depending on 1 or 2 Pyro procs after Meteor, is this alright? Seems a tad low (tests were done on the dummies in the garrison)

- When fighting 2+ targets, i do use IB kinda on cooldown, for spreading Ignite, Pyroblast Dot and LB, right? Do i use it for updating HU to Pyro! or is it better to use IB just for spreading?

- I know that Pyroblast Camping is best dps (outside of getting max ignite for combustion), but what if i have a trinket buff that runs out and i am sitting right on only a Pyro! proc? Cast Pyro to have it benefit from the trinket proc or still camp and wait for HU?

Thanks in advance guys, i really appreciate your effort!
    Your ignite will be low on dummies just in general. In raids, I could have gotten up to 10-12k in Highmaul, but could struggle to do 5-6k on dummies. Buffs help a lot. Your Meteor rotation seems fine. Just yeah, get Pyro/HU and once Meteor hits, use whatever you can. If nothing crits, sucks but you just have to go with it.

For 2 targets, I wouldn't use it on CD completely, unless you somehow have an excessively strong ignite which I don't see being a thing at 665 ilevel. Even if you only use it on a HU proc, you should be more than fine to have DoTs up a large majority of the time. Once you start getting into 3+ targets, then making sure your DoTs are on everything becomes more of a priority.

As for the trinket, I can't actually say for certain. Frosted or Komma might know in particular. When I played in BRF, I would honestly cast my Pyros if Oregorger's was near an end. It felt better, but we also had 2 IBs to help build back up quicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
    Here is what I use.
    I raid as Fire on all the bosses, may not be ideal, but I find Fire to be competitive enough.

Hellfire Assault
    Talents – Greater In., LB, IF, Kind.
    Glyphs – Rapid D, Drag.Br, Inf.Bl
    No Combustion Glyph – adds die to quick

Iron Reaver
    Talents – Greater In., BW, IF, Kind.
    Glyphs – Rapid D, Drag.Br, Combustion

Kormrok
    Drag.Br + BW works well on hands.

Kilrogg Deadeye
    Talents –Cold Snap, BW, IF, Kind.
    Glyphs – Rapid D, Ignite, Combustion
    Ice Block prevents the Heart Seeker Debuff, Cold Snap gives 2 Ice Blocks.
    Evanesce works really nice too. It also blocks the debuff, with a 45sec CD.
    Ignite Glyph to slow adds if needed

High Council
    Glyphs – Rapid D, Drag. Br., Combustion

Gorefiend
    Glyphs – Rapid D, Ignite, Combustion
    Ignite Glyph to slow adds
    Blink out of Touch of Doom

Shadow-lord Iskar
    Glyphs – Drag.Br, Inferno Bl., Combustion

Socrethar the Eternal

Tyrant Velhari

Fel Lord Zakuun

Xhul’horac
    Talents – Greater In., LB, IF, Kind.
    Glyphs – Rapid D, Drag.Br, Inf.Bl
    Unglyphed Combustion for adds

Mannoroth

Archimonde
    Well, seriously that Kindling talent is one of the most ridiculous talent ever made at this point of the game, first it scale pretty bad with the Ore trinket, second how could you use a combustion in time with the legendary ring if this one is delay etc..
    Next, you lost too much Burst/dps if you play without Coldsnap on certain boss like the first one or high council etc.. Imagine a situation where you play with cristal/legendary ring/coldsnap on high council, the amount of dmg is just crazy you just going to be one of most powerfull class. Even on kormrok if the raid doesn't one shot the hands, iskar etc.. It just gives you the opportunity to grow up the amount of Burst you can do while the ring/cristal is up on multiple target (around 100k crit on each target), the numbers at the end are simply awesome.

Finally i do around 1.7 times more dmg on iskar with LB.
    Last edited by mmocb5fc7386df; 2015-09-28 at 10:47 PM.

Jiggy, to each there own. Personally I despise Crystal probably as much as you seem to hate Kindling. As for Kromrok I use Dragons Breath on the hands, hands last maybe 2 seconds in our guild. DB ranks near the top on damage for me on that fight because I use it on all the grouped up hands.

If you have what you feel is a better list of talents for each fight, then feel free to post. Someone commented about talents for fire so I posted what I use most nights.

How is Fire in Hellfire? Is it duable on single target fights with high enough crit in Heroic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    How is Fire in Hellfire? Is it duable on single target fights with high enough crit in Heroic?
    It is doable throughout, just Frost and Arcane will outperform it on a majority of fights. If you are doing heroic progression, a Fire Mage will not be the reason you are wiping on a boss.

Deleted
    Hey guys, casual fire mage here

around 700-705 ilvl

how the fuck am i supposed to play with cristal, i have difficulties to make big ignite on it, then combustion then spread it with inferno, and i have no time to use my 2 stacks of blast wave or i'll get a small ignite

Am i missing something ? maybe i dont get it

any advice would be apreciated about cristal plays

Quote Originally Posted by feralover View Post
    Hey guys, casual fire mage here

around 700-705 ilvl

how the fuck am i supposed to play with cristal, i have difficulties to make big ignite on it, then combustion then spread it with inferno, and i have no time to use my 2 stacks of blast wave or i'll get a small ignite

Am i missing something ? maybe i dont get it

any advice would be apreciated about cristal plays

I believe you need to setup having 1 pyro and 1 heating up ready before you crystal. Then when you drop the crystal you can double pyro it. Then you should have plenty of time to spread.

Deleted
    yeah but my ignite would be very low if i only do 2 pyro ?

beside of that, what is a good ignite value for a combustion at my ilvl ?

Deleted
    I started to get curious so i will ask it here. How is fire after the item upgrades patch? will it be viable or it is still lingering in the shadows of arcane and frost?