Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I honestly apologize for my previous statement, as of my latest results it just seems i didn't have enough stats to make a proper statement.

As of the moment i reached crit cap with Sandmans, my results were consistent and i was able to properly burst and keep steady single target dps better than i do with arcane.

I ended up ditching arcane for frost now, and im happy how things turned out.

Cheers

I have have been reading different methods or rotations during PC. The two that seem to be the best are

Fb>Pyro>Pyro>IB>Pyro>Pyro>Combust>IB

and

Fb>Pyro>Fb>Pyro>Pyro>Pyro>Combust>IB

What rotation do you use on your PC and why.

Is haste or multi slightly better for fire?
    Last edited by ryan11d7; 2016-03-11 at 08:08 PM.

Can we get an update to section VII?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictorum View Post
    Can we get an update to section VII?
    I personally haven't raided in months, nor even touched HFC as Fire the entirety I did raid it when it was first released. If anybody wants to send me their own notes on fights, I will add it. Otherwise just go with common sense. If there are tons of adds to kill, pick multi target talents and etc etc.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    I have have been reading different methods or rotations during PC. The two that seem to be the best are

Fb>Pyro>Pyro>IB>Pyro>Pyro>Combust>IB

and

Fb>Pyro>Fb>Pyro>Pyro>Pyro>Combust>IB

What rotation do you use on your PC and why.

Is haste or multi slightly better for fire?
    When all my cooldowns are ready and I have bloodlust I do this:

Sandman proc (crit cap) -> bank Pyroblast and Heating Up -> Prismatic Crystal ->

FB -> Pyro -> Pyro -> Pyro -> Combustion -> IB -> Pyro -> Dragon's Breath x2 (Coldsnap) -> Blastwave x2

This puts a big combustion on the crystal early so you can double dip 6 or 7 ticks as it burns on the crystal and boss. DB and BW for the last 4 seconds of the crystal's duration since they crit hard but don't trigger ignite so the FB/Pyro ignites finish just as the crystal disspates. Also as an AoE they double dip hitting both crystal and boss.

Haste vs Multistrike
    Multistrike is generally better since you'll have high crit and the multistrikes contribute to ignite / combustion. Of course, it depends on your specific gear so use a tool like Simcraft and check the scaling option to see your stat priority if you want to optimize.
    Last edited by neovolrath; 2016-03-22 at 05:29 PM.

MS is a huge double edged sword, and is not valued completly correct in SimC. MS impacts after original spell impact occurs - meaning that it can force an ignite re-fresh after an ignite tick has occurred, lowering your ignite tick size.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    MS is a huge double edged sword, and is not valued completly correct in SimC. MS impacts after original spell impact occurs - meaning that it can force an ignite re-fresh after an ignite tick has occurred, lowering your ignite tick size.
    Interesting.

Are you saying that reduces the overall DPS by munching ignites or just potentially lowering the ignite tick due to the fact that one tick has occurred and the rest of the MS damage is being split over 5 ticks?

Either way, while I understand the risk it must be very low because sequence I'm using only seems to improve with more MS. I use myBigIgnite to keep track of the ignite buildup and it only gets bigger with MS procs. FB and Pyro have 100% crit when Sandman's procs so every MS is a crit.

Quote Originally Posted by neovolrath View Post
    Interesting.

Are you saying that reduces the overall DPS by munching ignites or just potentially lowering the ignite tick due to the fact that one tick has occurred and the rest of the MS damage is being split over 5 ticks?

Either way, while I understand the risk it must be very low because sequence I'm using only seems to improve with more MS. I use myBigIgnite to keep track of the ignite buildup and it only gets bigger with MS procs. FB and Pyro have 100% crit when Sandman's procs so every MS is a crit.
    Depending on when it impacts, it will lower the following tick value. Say you had spell impact occur, MS procs. MS impacts 0.336 and 0.669s after original spell impact. So original spell impact forces refresh, resulting in bigger ignite. Then you have a tick occur - and then your MS proc impacts, forcing another refresh of ignite and re-calcing of the tick values. odds are the ignite bank lost from the tick occuring is > the ignite bank gained from the MS proc impact, resulting in a lowering of the tick value. It's only an issue for combustion, and doesn't effect the actual total damage dealt by ignite. You can also have the opposite occur though - your original spell impact and both MS events could impact in between two tick events, resulting in a much larger final ignite tick value, since the MS events in this case are before a tick, and so they just add to the total value of ignite. That's why I called it a double edged sword - depending on when your original spell impacts vs tick times, it can either be a large tick size boost, or decrease it without much interaction on your part. SimC doesn't model the multistrike impact delay (they impact at the same time the procing spell does), so it looks stronger than it really is once you start getting Fire DPS skewed heavily towards combustion cycles (like we are now).
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2016-04-01 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've been keeping a closer eye on the ignite ticks and just yesterday saw a ~30k ignite drop down to ~28k when the MS and ignite tick timing lined up as you describe. But like you said it definitely goes both ways. I wonder how it averages out in terms MS scaling. For now I'll just assume MS is worth about 10% less than SimC tells me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, what makes Gaze better than class trinket for Fire? 100% chance on inferno blast for a flamestrike (extra ignite and AOE damage) seems... I dunno, superior? You could squeeze some bigger damage out of PC openers too right?

Honestly asking. Working on Fire again. Not really looking for just a "It sims better". A more full explanation would be useful.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

You need an MWF trinket for it to be 100%. The other trinkets are a % chance to proc a flamestrike. If you look at the damage flamestrike deals, it's 77% direct damage and 40.5% DoT damage - which is pretty poor. Just having int on other trinkets is a worth a lot when you're talking about 242%DD, 237%DoT SP pyroblasts and 135% fireballs. The int scaling off the other trinkets is just better - and then they have procs on top of that. %chance to proc crappy flamestrike vs. int scaling on all spells + proc, fairly clear cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, totally forgot the Tome had no base stats. Thanks a bunch.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Which weapon enchant for low item level at this moment?

Deleted
    nothing. you too slow. someone else answered.
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2016-05-01 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see this is still getting views, so for anybody looking for Fire pointers for 7.0 and beyond, please check out Rinoa's Guide on Altered-Time:

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=4&t=2553

I stopped playing Mage awhile back so will no longer be keeping this up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I see this is still getting views, so for anybody looking for Fire pointers for 7.0 and beyond, please check out Rinoa's Guide on Altered-Time:

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=4&t=2553

I stopped playing Mage awhile back so will no longer be keeping this up to date.
    Dood. On behalf of my mage wife; gracias. I completely forgot about Altered Time and she was having a helluva time getting straight to the point new fire info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uaeko View Post
    Dood. On behalf of my mage wife; gracias. I completely forgot about Altered Time and she was having a helluva time getting straight to the point new fire info.
    No problem, happy to have helped. Altered-time is a great and trustworthy source that will be constantly updated, so go ham.