Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(Alchemy) [WoD] How vital will Transmutes be?

Just swapped Blacksmithing to Alchemy in the last few hours, and now that I finally hit 600, I'm at a loss for which Mastery to pick. Thinking Transmutes because of how awesome it feels to have an x5 proc on your daily cooldown, but I'm trying to find early guides to WoD Alchemy and coming up kind of empty.

Are Alchemical Catalysts our only transmute in WoD and how vital will they be? Are they important and/or uncommon enough to pick Transmute Master?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    As of the current beta build there is no Draenor level recipe that is affected by Transmute master. That could change in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    As of the current beta build there is no Draenor level recipe that is affected by Transmute master. That could change in the future though.
    Wait Alchemical Catalysts aren't considered Transmutes? Bluh. Now I'm at a total loss of what to pick.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Wait Alchemical Catalysts aren't considered Transmutes? Bluh. Now I'm at a total loss of what to pick.
    Right now I wouldn't spend the mats to get any alchemy mastery. So far in beta, there are no masteries available. If that changes at release, you can decide then...but based on the way they are doing things so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see the mastery options eliminated.

10+ Year Old Account
    If transmute mastery helps boost transmutes for Alchemical Catalysts then it seems a bit silly since Alchemical Catalysts are only used for Flasks (and 1 armor potion) which might make Transmute Mastery = Elixir Mastery?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    If transmute mastery helps boost transmutes for Alchemical Catalysts then it seems a bit silly since Alchemical Catalysts are only used for Flasks (and 1 armor potion) which might make Transmute Mastery = Elixir Mastery?
    If that was the case then Elixir mastery would still be superior, Xmute wouldn't affect your catalysts from the Garrison building, but Elixir would affect how many flasks you could get from those catalysts.

So bumping this back up, is Transmute Mastery still useless in WoD? If so, kinda forces everyone to go Elixir mastery, no?

Blizz has confirmed that while Alchemy specializations will continue to affect the same recipes that they have in the past, they will not be relevant for WoD recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Blizz has confirmed that while Alchemy specializations will continue to affect the same recipes that they have in the past, they will not be relevant for WoD recipes.
    Not even elixir/potion mastery? Could I get a source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Ouch. That's big.

Could you - or anyone else who has seen it - link the source for this, please (just to make sure there's no misreading, etc)?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im in the beta, and there is nothing to xmute, there is no pre-pots, your basically only making flasks, and a trinket. And when you make a flask using mats from the alchemy garrision its auto x5, no procs, no nothing extra.

You cannot spam flask making cause you need to do the work orders from the garrision to get mats you need.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

well that really cuts down on how many alts I need to lvl. I have three xmute specs.

No reason to have more than one alch now (for my uses).
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Im in the beta, and there is nothing to xmute, there is no pre-pots, your basically only making flasks, and a trinket. And when you make a flask using mats from the alchemy garrision its auto x5, no procs, no nothing extra.

You cannot spam flask making cause you need to do the work orders from the garrision to get mats you need.
    This is partly wrong, there are pre-pots for all (Strength, Intellect, Agility, & Armor).
    Last edited by Laz; 2014-10-02 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    This is partly wrong, there are pre-pots for all (Strength, Intellect, Agility, & Armor).
    Not anymore actually. They are no longer on the vendor at your garrison.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Not anymore actually. They are no longer on the vendor at your garrison.
    You mean the vendor that gives you free pots and flasks because it's beta and they want to test things? It's silly to assume they removed pots from the game just because they removed them from that vendor. It's highly likely if they were removed from the vendor, it's because they don't want people using them in dungeon and raid testing. That doesn't mean they're removed from the game when it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    You mean the vendor that gives you free pots and flasks because it's beta and they want to test things? It's silly to assume they removed pots from the game just because they removed them from that vendor. It's highly likely if they were removed from the vendor, it's because they don't want people using them in dungeon and raid testing. That doesn't mean they're removed from the game when it goes live.
    if you played beta you would know the Flaskataur is not in your Garrison.

What I am saying is that the Alchemy recipe vendor doesn't sell combat potion recipe's and that you don't learn them automatically either.

Update: Todays patch added the combat potions recipes back in on the Garrison vendor.

They cost gold instead of Secrets tho so I donno what Blizzards plan is.

Deleted
    Any info about the fate of "increased duration when you drink any elixir or flask you are able to make." from Mixology perk?

Quote Originally Posted by hegys View Post
    Any info about the fate of "increased duration when you drink any elixir or flask you are able to make." from Mixology perk?
    The perk still shows up under Alchemy but I tried it with a level 100 premade and the flask only showed 60min duration.

I would expect it to be gone for WoD because otherwise Alchemy is the only profession with a usable perk.