Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Well he did almost directly suggest genocide as the ideal solution, so what is your counter-argument?
    no he said people with a potentially deadly disease should be responsible in their actions to not spread it and that once they die (guess what, everyone dies) it will be gone, of course that's a terrible solution but it's far from genocide
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    no he said people with a potentially deadly disease should be responsible in their actions to not spread it and that once they die (guess what, everyone dies) it will be gone, of course that's a terrible solution but it's far from genocide
    Yeah...No, nice try

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Are you suggesting that telling people to just read the Bible doesn't work?!
    Of course not! That book is filthy, just page after page of begetting. Reading it can only lead to promiscuity.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off. You don't have to like someone, but derailing a thread with it isn't acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Of course not! That book is filthy, just page after page of begetting. Reading it can only lead to promiscuity.
    you take that back i'll beget you're mom bro

Seriously though, while I fully support this drug being made available, I also detest anyone who would take it on a daily basis. More selfish douchebags content to do whatever the hell they want and damn the consequences for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Thats only because they dont follow it. If they started locking people up that dont practice abstinence, it would work
    Look, I know you've been bitter about sex ever since that day care called the police on you, but this is going a little overboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I don't really understand why these forums still take anything Orlong says about sex seriously. He's been quite clear he find sex disgusting and doesn't have any desire to partake.

It's rather akin to getting advice about where to eat from someone who is about to keel over from rampant anorexia.

It's easy to sit on a throne of judgment about society and sex when you are an asexual agoraphobe.

Meanwhile the rest of us who have social and sexual urges more in line with a typical person understand that is not a reasonable nor realistic stance to base any sort of judgment or policy decisions from.
    If I am fine with not having sex and staying inside most of the time, than anyone else can do the same thing just as easily. Its not like Im asking people to swim in a pool filled with razor blades or something.

Its called having the morals, fortitude, and some damn will power to resist those urges you mentioned
    Last edited by Orlong; 2014-09-22 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If I am fine with not having sex and staying inside most of the time, than anyone else can do the same thing just as easily.
    All I'm going to do is point out that nearly any psychologist is going to tell you that having no sex drive and a crippling fear of leaving your house is neither normal nor healthy. Just because you have found a comfort in that does not make it right or healthy for everyone.

Its not like Im asking people to swim in a pool filled with razor blades or something.
    No, you are merely asking people to forsake human contact of any kind and repress their sexual urges. 99% of people would find swimming in a pool filled with razor blades easier and preferable.

Its called having the morals, fortitude, and some damn will power to resist those urges you mentioned
    Morals? What sort of morals is having a fear of leaving your house supposed to be? What sort of fortitude is having crippling OCD that causes you to find the act of sex gross and disgusting?

I mean...in your very words you don't leave your house for fear of what would happen if you did and you don't have sex because of your complusive disgust of body contact, fluids, etc. The only thing you've shown is that you have issues...not that you have any sort of outstanding moral fiber or willpower.

Having willpower is pausing to put on a condom. Having morals is getting tested regularly and being honest with your sexual partners. Having fortitude is to acknowledge the risks of your decisions.

But if you have a moment of weak willpower or you have a time where you made the bad decision you shouldn't be left to die. Because no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Part of living in a society is acknowledging that and making allowances for it. Hence the idea that preventive care should be paid for by the collective to minimize the burden on society for when people inevitably make that mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    /agree 100%
    Unfortunately we've been warned against said comments because apparently honesty is against rules. I advise simply ignoring

10+ Year Old Account
    Orlong is making a policy stance out of his own personal beliefs and experiences. Which he's been quite public about on these forums. To me, that makes them fair game as in order to discuss Orlong's points by necessity we have to discuss his background.

I'm not really sure how else you are supposed to engage in discussion with Orlong otherwise -- unless per adam86shadow's point we are all just expected to ignore him...which if that was the case doesn't that make him a troll, thus shouldn't he be banned?

People discuss and share their personal experiences all the time on these forums...so the line between discussing them and insulting the poster can get awfully hard to determine. Especially if a poster shares behavior that most people would consider unhealthy or harmful (or frankly, rather stupid as we've seen in a few of the "hey look what I did" threads).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure how else you are supposed to engage in discussion with Orlong otherwise
    But why do that?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But why do that?
    I know that was somewhat tongue in cheek, but this is a discussion forum...so that's the whole point.

I like debating with people who have different or obscure views on things. I don't find an echo chamber that interesting or engaging. Even if I find it aggravating or frustrating to discuss with someone who doesn't listen or consider my points, I do like the conversation.

I hope one day to really understand the posters I interacted with on here the most...especially the ones I disagree with (you know who you are. ).

All I'm going to do is point out that nearly any psychologist is going to tell you that having no sex drive and a crippling fear of leaving your house is neither normal nor healthy. Just because you have found a comfort in that does not make it right or healthy for everyone.

No, you are merely asking people to forsake human contact of any kind and repress their sexual urges. 99% of people would find swimming in a pool filled with razor blades easier and preferable.

Morals? What sort of morals is having a fear of leaving your house supposed to be? What sort of fortitude is having crippling OCD that causes you to find the act of sex gross and disgusting?

I mean...in your very words you don't leave your house for fear of what would happen if you did and you don't have sex because of your complusive disgust of body contact, fluids, etc. The only thing you've shown is that you have issues...not that you have any sort of outstanding moral fiber or willpower.

Having willpower is pausing to put on a condom. Having morals is getting tested regularly and being honest with your sexual partners. Having fortitude is to acknowledge the risks of your decisions.

But if you have a moment of weak willpower or you have a time where you made the bad decision you shouldn't be left to die. Because no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Part of living in a society is acknowledging that and making allowances for it. Hence the idea that preventive care should be paid for by the collective to minimize the burden on society for when people inevitably make that mistake.
    Eh...although I'm 100% atheist, I'd rather do without sex if I could. I just don't like having it on my mind, even though I do anyways. Plus it seems a lot of women these days get annoyed with men that have high sex drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's asinine to support and encourage risky behavior, but if it leads to universal health care in the United States (which I believe is what is happening), then I wouldn't mind the tax hike - as long the UHC soon follows.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    I think it's asinine to support and encourage risky behavior, but if it leads to universal health care in the United States (which I believe is what is happening), then I wouldn't mind the tax hike - as long the UHC soon follows.
    I wouldn't consider this to be California supporting or encouraging engaging in unprotected sex. It sounds more like they're trying to decrease the number of people becoming infected with HIV, considering they're second in the nation of new HIV infections per year.

There are up to 7,000 new HIV infections in the state every year. 75.7% of all HIV/AIDS cases occur among gay men, far exceeding the 53% nationally.
    http://sfaf.org/hiv-info/statistics/
    That might not sound like a lot, especially in a state whose population surpasses the entirety of Canada, but it still is quite a large number. This honestly sounds like a good way to combat it.

Why cant they make it a longer lasting injection or something?. I just cant see people religiously taking a pill everyday if they are irresponsible enough to have unprotected sex with strangers. If they wont wear a condom what makes you think they are going to take a pill?.

High Sex Drive in men is why we are a successful species.
    The ability to safely procreate and raise a new generation is key to many species. Humanity is not one of them.

First; numerous countries are experiencing declining birthrates so you know, if you're right well toll the bell for the decline of the human race.

But most importantly; our ability to make and utilize tools and technology has allowed us to mitigate the impact of environmental evolution on our biology. THAT is what has contributed to the success of our species. We have adapted to overcome the limitations of our physiology.

Would you like examples?

Glasses. Shoes. Weapons. Clothing. Air Conditioning. Automobiles. Airplanes ... the list goes on.

It's a biological urge to spread your genes to as many partners as possible. In Humans, and a few primates, and dolphins, sex also feels good, which is an added drive.
    I can find no evidence of any study that supports this notion with respect to human beings. With chimps? Sure... it's well-documented. Our DNA is only 1% different from Chimps so I suppose it's easy to assume that what they do we do... but that argument is fairly spurious.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has turned into a tirade against a single poster along with a discussion of how sex drives work, and that's not really what this thread was about. I've warned before to stay on topic and no one is.

Closing.