15+ Year Old Account

Help My Monk (Mistweaver)

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...d%C3%AEonysian

I've been hearing all over the place that I want lots of crit & stay away from spirit (not having mana issues even in my gear because of mana tea) on my monk but according to AMR it wants me to stack haste, spirit & more haste. Am I being told wrong information or is AMR telling me wrong stuff?
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2014-09-18 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...d%C3%AEonysian

I've been hearing all over the place that I want lots of crit & stay away from spirit (not having mana issues even in my gear because of mana tea) on my monk but according to AMR it wants me to stack haste, spirit & more haste. Am I being told wrong information or is AMR telling me wrong stuff?
    Ignore AMR, do what feels right, and honestly, dont worry about Min/Maxing gear for 501 ilvl. You will be throwing pieces away fast.

Change the default weights.

Spirit should be static 5100 I think for hit cap only.

Set your haste soft cap to something you can get with your gear without to much crazy gemming and reforging.

Then you will be good to go.

Ignoring Spirit doesn't really work well until you have the legendary meta gem, and neither does stacking haste a lot. My advice would just be to not worry about it too much, reforging is disappearing in about 4 weeks anyways.

As said amr is a great tool if you know your own stat weights but until then stay away from it. Unless im mistaken, amr gets its stat weights from bis gear which obviously wud have a different haste and spirit requirement than newly dinged 90s.
    Even without the legendary meta 7-8k spirit was more than enough for me but obviously this entirely depends on what you are comfortable with. If you find your running out of mana then put some more into it. Obviously even with 15k spirit dont expect to spam surging and avoid going oom. Once you get the legendary meta gem you will be wishing less pieces of your gear had spirit on it. Ive reforged spirit out of every piece and wish I could get rid of more.
    For mistweavers crit is the main stat you nearly always want, it grants alot of mana due to mana tea procs and the most throughput of our stats. You should never need to reforge out of it and only gem out of it if you are like less than 300 haste away from the next breakpoint or something like that.
    Amr isnt wrong about needing alot of haste, On every piece of gear I try to aim to always have crit and reforge spirit or mastery into haste.
    Looking at your amr, it is reforging you up to the 9k softcap so it will obviously prio haste over crit. Id manually change your stat weights so that haste goes to the 6141 rating / 27.76% softcap and your amr will look closer to what it should with your gear

Deleted
    Spirit is mostly for lower geared Monks who don't have enough spirit to generate enough mana tea stacks. Once you have enough crit try to get rid of as much spirit as possible. Just remember to have atleast 5100 spirit as it is the fistweaving hit and expertise cap. Then go for crit and haste breakpoints. I use AMR myself on my Monk and there is an option to "Edit Weights" where I put in my stat preferences.