Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I often just chalk stuff up to "implied knowledge." Like David knew what the fuck was going on there, the rest probably didn't care or were informed.

The "pretty" factor was certainly up there and probably why I liked it, it definitely had a lot of good proper sci-fi shit going for it. From the size and shape of the Prometheus, the whole sequence of landing scenes plus the soundtrack. The horror'ish elements like Fifield's helmet melting on his face and the whole surgery part (surgery shit makes me lose it at times).

The underlying creation plot needed more though for sure...hopefully a sequel is what it needs. Or what I was vainly hoping for, an extended version.
    Yeah I can be ok with implied knowledge, but I honestly didn't have clue what was going on. I wish someone shared some of that implied knowledge. All I knew there were some alien snake things that apparently make zombies, a young old man as a bad guy who i guess has a plan, a hot chick badguy who i guess has a different plan, and a robot that's...fuck it. I had no idea what David was about. Then there was something about religion, and something else about the missing link, and Charlize...damn did she look good in a space suit.

Everything else you said I am good with. It was gorgeous and had the perfect sci-fi feel to it. I said above it was like many scenes from different movies grafted together. Everyone of those scenes was great and implies a much greater movie...just not all mashed up into what Prometheus was.

And damn it Charlize...why didn't you just run to the side...you were way to hot to die stupidly!
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    I liked Prometheus for the imagery and effects, but the story was a complete clusterfuck. The whole religion theme felt really tacked on (and at times cheesy) as well.
    Last edited by mmoc929869f8d6; 2014-09-23 at 11:57 PM.

Deleted
    When speaking about sci-fi anime, I'd heartily recommend following movies and series: Ghost in the Shell 1-2 and Stand Alone Complex, PlanetES, Last Exile, Gankutsuou, Cowboy Bepop, Ergo Proxy and Banner of the Stars.

Also Wolf Brigade is awesome alternate Earth movie.

Not sure if you can call any other but Ergo Proxy as mindbending weirdness though.
    Last edited by mmoc5960230495; 2014-09-24 at 02:05 AM. Reason: OP requirements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    Space Battleship Yamato

^ This even though it's an anime, it was more enjoyable to watch than the new Star Trek movies. It's basically old Star Trek if it were made into a Japanese Anime.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.