10+ Year Old Account

Banks and hold times

As I type this I am waiting for a rep from regions (bank) to pick up the phone, it is 22 minutes in. I mean not only is it killing my battery waiting on hold for 5 centuries but it's annoying.

I feel like no matter what I called these days there is a hold time, and I have worked at a call center before for a bank and work at a call center now. We typically don't have these wait times where I work. But honestly EVERY time I called regions it's literally 30 + minutes.

Ugh so annoyed.

Why are you calling the bank?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Why are you calling the bank?
    About a refund I was supposed to get to see if it's coming in soon, and if my direct deposit is coming in. And if not I have to go to the bank tomorrow and file a claim on the transaction. 10 business days ago, I went into the bank and we called the company who the transaction was with, it was very scam-like, they said i'd recieve a package of weight loss pills or some crap, none the less I never recieved it nor did I want it, and they said the refund would take 8-10 business days before I see it.

If it isn't there tomorrow I need to file a claim, and I need to make sure I am getting my direct deposit (this is the first time i'd be getting it from my current job).

And yes they can see these things, or atleast the banks call center I worked at.

I wanted to file a claim to begin with, but of course we called them and got a refund, despite it being complete bs. I will need to wait ANOTHER 8-10 business days before I see the claim money.

I'm not sure why I even stay with them, the last time I filed a claim it took me almost two months to get it. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I feel like no matter what I called these days there is a hold time
    I don't know where you're from, but it's been like that for years. Checking my phone, I was on either talking to someone or on hold for over 4 hours today so far. And this was just routine business. Edit: Multiple places. If one place did that for 4 hours they will have lost a customer.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't know where you're from, but it's been like that for years. Checking my phone, I was on either talking to someone or on hold for over 4 hours today so far. And this was just routine business.
    Regions just doesn't care. Most places don't anymore.

Deleted
    Longest for me was 28 or 29 minutes to a place i wanted to cancel membership to, that sure made me mad.

I think my mother broke the record though, she got hung up on when she got her call picked up after 30 or so minutes of waiting; Queue another similar waiting period...

Deleted
    I hate queuing in banks (and im english must have something wrong with me). Luckily there was a downsyndrome kid in the bank who couldn't resist straightening every bit of paper next to the queue infront of me. So everytime it moved forward i'd knock them. It kept me amused but im going to hell.

It really depends on the bank. I worked at a bank where our average wait time was supposed to be 20 seconds. If it was significantly higher we had to report up the chain and explain what we were doing to make it better, etc.

It wasn't "Regions" so I don't know why they are taking so long. Good luck.

Fewer people answering the phones. Bank saves money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Fewer people answering the phones. Bank saves money.
    43 minutes and counting!

So exciting! How are customers not pissed at this other than me?

The iphone 6 plus has like a ridiculous amount of time using the phone on a call, I didn't think it mattered because i'd never be on the phone that long, but after today I think I definitely need to get the plus, because I forgot how long I am on hold for banks.

In fact I just plugged it in due to it going from 65% - 35%...so annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    43 minutes and counting!

The iphone 6 plus has like a ridiculous amount of time using the phone on a call, I didn't think it mattered because i'd never be on the phone that long, but after today I think I definitely need to get the plus, because I forgot how long I am on hold for banks.

In fact I just plugged it in due to it going from 65% - 35%...so annoying.
    43 minutes? LOL have you even tried calling Comcast? Let alone try to cancel your account? You would be making Christmas plans around the call.

It's idiotic how long it takes to get to someone. I have been in your position though with BoA and It always takes 30+ minutes to get to someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    43 minutes? LOL have you even tried calling Comcast? Let alone try to cancel your account? You would be making Christmas plans around the call.

It's idiotic how long it takes to get to someone. I have been in your position though with BoA and It always takes 30+ minutes to get to someone
    I usually call comcast in the middle of the night, so it's not too bad.

But there is no option for high speed internet where I live OTHER than comcast, so cancelling isn't an issue.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2014-09-18 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks
    We've got your money, so fuck you. Go ahead, change banks. You'll get this across all of us.
    The above attitude is too common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

43 minutes and counting!

Just remember you're upset at the bank, not at the person who will eventually answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Just remember you're upset at the bank, not at the person who will eventually answer.
    Working at a call center I know this, and will be nice to them, but if I have to go into the bank tomorrow ima bitch about the hold times (not their fault).

ALSO JUST REACHED AN HOUR, THIS MAY BE AN ALL TIME HIGH.

Working at a call center I know this, and will be nice to them, but if I have to go into the bank tomorrow ima bitch about the hold times (not their fault).
    Yeah, just calmly explain that you've been waiting for that long, and that you'd like your situation resolved, etc. You know how to do it, having been on the other end.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually call comcast in the middle of the night, so it's not too bad.

But there is no option for high speed internet where I live OTHER than comcast, so cancelling isn't an issue.
    Play this music before calling comcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbWOVfY-rxU

Go with TDBank.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Play this music before calling comcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbWOVfY-rxU

Go with TDBank.
    I was with TD bank before I moved to where they have no TD banks.

Also 1 1/2 hours just to find out they literally didn't have answers to my questions. >_>.......