Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

The game is almost unbearable now on a new re-roll.

I came back after a while, while I had already gotten the cloak on another char (that was also played not that hard core but casually even then). But now, while they nerf the difficulty of drops, it just locks you out for at least 3 or 4 weeks because of the test of valor restriction, and even if it's removed, the lock remains at least until the day of the pre-patch! Ironic isn't it?

Then, the game is full of things the new character hasn't done, and it feels overwhelming, but it's also about time to think about wod and ignore the past. But until then, you are not in the past, but in the current expansion, and it feels on one hand you can do so much but on the other that it's pointless. e.g. You could start a halfhill farm again, but motes become practically useless to farm next patch, or you can farm for rep to make some money off the profession recipes but it may only last a month.

I mean, seriously, in periods like this blizzard should just completely "blow" the game out of normality to make it more accommodating to those coming back just for wod. e.g. give the cloak to all alts by giving a 1000g fee (I actually thought that was allowed, at least they allow Ordos kills). Or give all reputation awards with gold or just more easily.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2014-09-19 at 12:13 AM.

So your solution is that they should just let you resub, log in once before the expansion, buy everything you want, and then log out until the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post
    So your solution is that they should just let you resub, log in once before the expansion, buy everything you want, and then log out until the expansion?
    But but... 15$.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post

The game is just dysfunctional for anyone coming back right now to anticipate wod. It seems they assume everyone that does that ignores this time, and they will only resub the last day before release or at least at 6.0. Bad for them if they think only that way people want to come back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I mean, seriously, in periods like this blizzard should just completely "blow" the game out of normality to make it more accommodating to those coming back just for wod.
    They already have, and it has made the game even more of a disaster than it would be otherwise. I recently rerolled from scratch (no gold, no heirlooms, lvl1) after quitting in Cata. Within a month of casual playing I had leveled to max, seen all the content, and was in full epic. It was an absolutely horrifically poor gaming experience, I just felt like I wasted my time and my money. Just because I started late doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to experience any content the way it was designed. I would've been happy with just TBC style heroics for the rest of the xpac, but instead I had to unsub because the game is just completely broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a guild and friends to make the experience fun.

You can make your own experience miserable if you get locked into tunnel vision of one concept of success.

Why is the cloak so important though?

As OP said, WoD is a relatively short time away, and you can be sure that the proc-rate will be very low for 91+ characters, and it's replaced by level 100 5-man drops, so all it does is... make levelling to 100 slightly faster, not really worth getting all worked up over if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Why is the cloak so important though?
    People get all worked up over the notion that there is items that will no longer be available in a short time.

Kind of funny, but also something that is in most sales economics books. Because it works on many consumer groups.

Why do you need the cloak? SoO is done and dusted. They can't accommodate everyone no matter when they decide to return. Got in last day before pre-patch!? No problem!! Heres your HC WF BiS mailed to you for your convenience!

Look to the next expac, this one is winding down.

I mean, seriously, in periods like this blizzard should just completely "blow" the game out of normality to make it more accommodating to those coming back just for wod. e.g. give the cloak to all alts by giving a 1000g fee (I actually thought that was allowed, at least they allow Ordos kills). Or give all reputation awards with gold or just more easily.
    Yes, lets take the thing most progression raiders have on 2-3 toons - and make you able to buy them for gold on an alt!
    No, you can earn it much faster than anyone who started the questline in T14 did.
    Fuck off.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

What makes you think, aside from a stupefying sense of entitlement, that you deserve to be handed the bulk of an expansions content simply because you decided to resub now?

The legendary items are not more than a 50k dps boost. You could easily do 200k dps with ilvl550 gear without the legendaries which is more than enough for normals. And then once you have the normal gear you can proceed to heroics with ilvl565.

what you are saying is, that at this point the expansion is to close to enjoy a re-roll?
    you gave yourself the answer.

if you re-roll, prepare him for the expansion, not try to get everything out of of mop in the short period of time that is left.
    If you think that alts should have easier access to gear up, as your main is already geared, that is an other topic and expands on the idea of shared achievements.

You're already given everything incredibly easily, welfare is installed everywhere in MoP at this point. I just leveled an alt warrior a couple of weeks ago and now it's 558 ilvl. I don't care about a cloak on that char because it can do 200-250k+ dps anyway, which is perfectly fine for anything available that I'd want to do on it. I pretty much just use it for a weekly garrosh heirloom kill now, where at 2 weeks old it does enough damage to be in groups where you ignore mechanics and don't even get a second transition phase.

WoW is always broken on the last few months before expansion launch because of gear inflation. It happened in vanilla, TBC, WLK, Cata and now it happens in MoP. It's to be expected to happen in WoD too.

Just deal with the fact that new players or rerollers can't get into year old content easily.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrab View Post
    They already have, and it has made the game even more of a disaster than it would be otherwise. I recently rerolled from scratch (no gold, no heirlooms, lvl1) after quitting in Cata. Within a month of casual playing I had leveled to max, seen all the content, and was in full epic. It was an absolutely horrifically poor gaming experience, I just felt like I wasted my time and my money. Just because I started late doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to experience any content the way it was designed. I would've been happy with just TBC style heroics for the rest of the xpac, but instead I had to unsub because the game is just completely broken.
    You imply you played in Wrath, where this design began and was rammed down everyone's throats, you have no excuse.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't play for month on end.. coming back 2 weeks before patch. I want everything I haven't been here for now handed to me, preferably in the mailbox...

Sorry... Not working like that..
    You didn't do anything, you're shit outta luck. Else everyone just buys expac, waits til the end, then comes and cashes in..
    I know that's exaggerated now, but the principle remains.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    People get all worked up over the notion that there is items that will no longer be available in a short time.

Kind of funny, but also something that is in most sales economics books. Because it works on many consumer groups.
    Particularly groups that lack restraint and are easily manipulated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    WoW is always broken on the last few months before expansion launch because of gear inflation. It happened in vanilla, TBC, WLK, Cata and now it happens in MoP. It's to be expected to happen in WoD too.

Just deal with the fact that new players or rerollers can't get into year old content easily.
    ^ This.

PvP has the most unforgiving gear restraints that I have ever seen. unless you're over half geared Conquest, and the rest honor you aren't even going to phase someone who is full Conquest. My cousin just got to experience this, he took an extended break and so just now hitting 90 and trying to get honor gear is a painful experience. Granted, this issue is supposedly getting fixed for WoD with their CTA thing. But that's just how it goes, obviously the ilvl from leveling gear to MoP s1 compared to leveling gear to prideful is brutal. I've also got 2 other buddies who aren't full CP yet (don't ask how, I don't know) and they bitch and moan about not being able to kill shit too... and I'm like "well... yeah?"

Then they all come to me whining for arena carries like its my job to gear them up.... apparently I'm the only one who actually goes off and does RBGs/Arenas on my own to gear up

Thats just the way it goes, If you haven't gotten what you want from this expansion, in the 2 years (?) it's been out you really don't have room to complain.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

This tobindax guy is such a character. He's all over the forums shaming WoW and people that don't play like him. I was genuinely curious what this post was about but when i saw the author i knew it wouldn't be anything constructive (from him at least).

It's pretty ridiculous this guy just goes all over the forums to rile people up, call them idiots, and moves on.