Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

i sacked my first person today

So today i had the opportunity to someone who put himself before everyone else.
    So we were organizing christmas leave and this woman who works for us thought she had right to first pick because she had children.
    Now at my work everyone works the Christmas break every second year regardless. If your new tough luck.
    Well she thought she and her children were above and more important than everyone else.
    So after the meeting i did some auditing of her company cridt card and her internet use. I also went to ber desk were her iphone was usb charging off her computer.

Lucky for me it only took 30minutes to find the three strikes i needed to fire her. So she was dismissed on the spot.

She didn't fit with compnay culture and put herslef first.

It was the first time i sacked anyone and i didn't feel bad for it.

So have you ever sacked anyone and how did you feel?

Edit
    Looking at her company credit card i found she was misusing it and we can charge her for credit card fraud. IT looked at her internet usage
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2014-09-19 at 09:14 AM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Deleted
    Sounds more like you purposely went out of your way to fire somebody that you for whatever reason didn't like.

Also i hope you didn't touch her phone cause that might be illegal.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-09-19 at 09:34 AM.

No certainly didn't touch her phone but its in her contract that no phone tablets or usb are to be used/charged off computers.
    She hasn't been a good cultural fit and this was the final nail in the coffin. It came from above but she was under my division so it fell on me to deal with it

Honestly, i do not even know what to say to this post, other than......are you serious?
    So, you sacked an employee, a mother even, by going through her stuff without her knowing it, with the intend of getting her fired....and you did this because you did not like her attitude?

I seriously hope you are joking!

How can a person with your childish mentality even be in a position where you can fire people?
    If you really are her superior, you should not have any reason to fire her, especially since you make the rules and can completely disregard her wishes, by simply denying them.

Again, if this is a true story. You should feel bad about your self.

(Trust me, im expressing myself very lightly to avoid being banned from the forums, but believe me when i tell you, that my honest opinion about you would get me instantly banned for expressing).

Deleted
    What is wrong with her charging her phone via usb at her desk? I do that every day.

A mother wanting to spend Christmas break with her children... Abhorrent...

Now an unemployed mother, I should say.

Grats OP, you just won the shittiest man in America thread.

Mothers SHOULD think that their children are more important than everyone else. That's what mothers DO

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was always under the impression the 3 strike system required warnings before you could dismiss somebody.

Deleted
    Well, I'm still a university student and I don't know the whole story. If I was your employee I would sue the fuck out of you since you are going against the law.

1)you are not allowed to check her internet use without her consent.
    2)Why can't she charge her phone as long as she isn't using it? If you were snooping in her phone too. GG your job.
    3)It's normal that a mother wants to be with her fucking children during christmas.

As I said I don't know her other behaviour, but basing myself from what you have said: You're a piece of shit.

Ohh and gratz about making a mother unemployed and ruining their christmas. Yes, you definetly are a piece of shit and I hope she sues you.
    Last edited by mmoc9f2c949fa4; 2014-09-19 at 09:13 AM.

Good grief, what a terrible person to work under.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh brother, do you ever sound like a horrible boss.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Well, I'm still a university student and I don't know the whole story. If I was your employee I would sue the fuck out of you since you are going against the law.

2)Why can't she charge her phone as long as she isn't using it? If you were snooping in her phone too. GG your job.
    3)It's normal that a mother wants to be with her fucking children during christmas.

As I said I don't know her other behaviour, but basing myself from what you have said: You're a piece of shit.
    Ease up fella we could take her to court for credit card fraud if we felt like but it wasn't enough to worry about

You sound like a massive douchebag, sorry OP.

Deleted
    Wow... you are the worst in humanity.

What country was this in? if its an EU country, prepare to be sued as what you did was illegal.

I've also got to say that your a manager and your spelling is that bad?

You come off like you are bragging about it. I've had the "pleasure" to fire quite a few people and I *really* dislike it. Yes, sometimes it has been necessary and for a very good reason, but it still leaves bad taste in my mouth. And as i live in a country where people with children are entitled to first pick we dont go out of our way to find a reason to get rid of them.

My point - with that attitude you will stop caring for people soon enough and when you need your subordinates to stand up for you/whatever - you will find yoruself very alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    You sound like a massive douchebag, sorry OP.
    Yeah cause credit card fraud us nice and dandy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickstor View Post
    Wow... you are the worst in humanity.

What country was this in? if its an EU country, prepare to be sued as what you did was illegal.

I've also got to say that your a manager and your spelling is that bad?
    Learn to read... she thought she was better than everyone, ignored company culture and rules as well as committing credit card fraud

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to say but you do sound like a douche, a mother wanting to spend christmas with her children is not really all that strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixteenmiles View Post
    What is wrong with her charging her phone via usb at her desk? I do that every day.
    I would guess they do not want to pay for the electricity it takes, no matter how little effect it have in the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post

Ohh and gratz about making a mother unemployed and ruining their christmas. Yes, you definetly are a piece of shit and I hope she sues you.
    Good luck with your degree if you can't read

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Ease up fella we could take her to court for credit card fraud if we felt like but it wasn't enough to worry about
    Tell yourself that enough times and you might even believe it. Fact is that you acted in the wrong. If she has a valid contract you can't just say "we don't need you anymore. Bye." You have to give her warning that she's doing stuff that are not as they should be, and give her a chance to redeem. Unless there is some really serious stuff happening, and charging a phone does not qualify for that.

So today i had the opportunity to someone who put himself before everyone else.
    So we were organizing christmas leave and this woman who works for us thought she had right to first pick because she had children.
    Now at my work everyone works the Christmas break every second year regardless. If your new tough luck.
    Well she thought she and her children were above and more important than everyone else.
    So after the meeting i did some auditing of her company cridt card and her internet use. I also went to ber desk were her iphone was usb charging off her computer.

Lucky for me it only took 30minutes to find the three strikes i needed to fire her. So she was dismissed on the spot.

She didn't fit with compnay culture and put herslef first.

It was the first time i sacked anyone and i didn't feel bad for it.

So have you ever sacked anyone and how did you feel?

Edit
    Looking at her company credit card i found she was misusing it and we can charge her for credit card fraud. IT looked at her internet usage
    I wont say she was in the wrong for what she was doing, but you had no right invading someone else privacy. You're no better than she is.

Deleted
    Yeah cause credit card fraud us nice and dandy

- - - Updated - - -

Learn to read... she thought she was better than everyone, ignored company culture and rules as well as committing credit card fraud
    So first you make it seem you just didn't like her.
    Then you said it came from above.
    And now its credit card fraud.