Thread: LFD 'needing' ?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

LFD 'needing' ?

Hey guys, not a moan as such, but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a huge rise in the number of people needing everything in LFD?

I mean, people in 550+ ilvl gear needing every green? Is it greed, is it general bad manners? Are they bots? Whats the general consensus on this?

Based on a smallish data sample, (150 dungeons) I have to say kazzak-eu are pretty notorious for this, sorry to say!

Should we all just need everything now then? Is that common practice, seems poor.

Maybe bots. Maybe greed. When leveling it is fairly common to see people need on everything. A whole storm of reasons are given from deing mats to gold to no response at all ending in a kick.

-Some people are ignorant and don't know better, and just do it because everyone else does it
    -Some people do it because they can, the button is there so why not right?
    -Some people because they know it will piss people off
    -Some people do it because if you win a DE roll in group you do not benefit from the guild bonus of receiving bonus materials when DEing, to get the bonus you have to DE it yourself
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it happen from time to time, usually it is an enchanter doing it. The worst I see is actually in LFR, every time I've seen it happen in LFR it was someone from a Latin American realm that did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    -Some people do it because if you win a DE roll in group you do not benefit from the guild bonus of receiving bonus materials when DEing, to get the bonus you have to DE it yourself
    You do benefit from it with the DE roll.

I see tanks doing it and when we called him out in it he said he farms dungeons for gold.
    Just selling everything to a vendor and chain running dungeons he claimed he was making 2k an hour or more.
    When I said maybe someone else might actually need it he said he didn't care.
    Just yet another example of some this player base not being able to play well with others and understand it is a MMO.
    Oh well blizz never does anything to people like this so it just goes on and on.
    With LFD amuninty can't call ninjas out like in the old days when we had to find groups and ones rep on a server could be ruined.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only need things when I level up in dungeons when it is an improvement on my item that is currently equipped. That should be the case for other people when rolling on greens. If you don't need it, greed or disenchant it. I haven't seen many people do this as of recently, although someone did need on a lockbox, and outside of LFD, some idiot needed the big bag of herbs that drops from the fire yaungol on TI.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    This is also one of the bad things that crossrealm LFD does...

Deleted
    Are you seriously going to debate such a trivial matter? No argument here, if someone needs a green which he obviously doesn't need, he obviously is doing it for a few extra gold, all you have to do is "need" the next green. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Targesh View Post
    Are you seriously going to debate such a trivial matter? No argument here, if someone needs a green which he obviously doesn't need, he obviously is doing it for a few extra gold, all you have to do is "need" the next green. Problem solved.
    That solution only makes the problem continue.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need-roll some stuff when I want to put it into my overflowing mogging wardrobe *runs and hides, ashamed*

Deleted
    If someone needs on a dungeon green/blue they obviously don't need, I just leave the timer on until it runs out. Really pisses them off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    That solution only makes the problem continue.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    I'm sorry, do you see a problem? I don't see a problem, do you feel bad about 10-30g? seriously who cares.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, do you see a problem? I don't see a problem, do you feel bad about 10-30g? seriously who cares.
    I don't think you add to a debate by simply stating, who cares.

Some people do.

Many people see it as bad manners, or overly greedy. Lets not start condoning everything and saying 'if you see it, do it aswell'. Hardly words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    This is also one of the bad things that crossrealm LFD does...
    Oh please. The term 'ninja' existed long before we had ANY kind of LFD/LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Many people see it as bad manners, or overly greedy. Lets not start condoning everything and saying 'if you see it, do it aswell'. Hardly words to live by.
    Well said. I agree.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Need and greed on green items is an outdated concept, it should really be removed and replaced as regular personal drops. When was the last time someone geared themselves with a green drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I need-roll some stuff when I want to put it into my overflowing mogging wardrobe *runs and hides, ashamed*
    If using it for transmog I have no problem with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously you don't care about anyone else and probably are one who does this.
    This is t a solo game you are playing it with others manners do matter, of course I am assuming you were taught this.

Secondly, I am not there to help someone else farm for gold.
    If you want everything for yourself solo it.
    20-30 gold adds up, maybe some other if the people in the run might want some too.

Really is sad that people seem to forget their are other people in the world besides them.
    It is the cell phone age were only me and my world matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    I don't think you add to a debate by simply stating, who cares.

Some people do.

Yea, that is not how to debate. Anyway, that is exactly why, I'm not debating, I'm simply saying it's not worth a debate, people that do care, shouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the game allows you to need on something there is absolutely 100% NOTHING wrong with you needing on that item. Maybe they're rolling need so they're guaranteed a disenchant? Maybe they just want to sell it? It doesn't matter. If they can need on it and they do, they are perfectly within the limits of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    If using it for transmog I have no problem with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously you don't care about anyone else and probably are one who does this.
    This is t a solo game you are playing it with others manners do matter, of course I am assuming you were taught this.

Secondly, I am not there to help someone else farm for gold.
    If you want everything for yourself solo it.
    20-30 gold adds up, maybe some other if the people in the run might want some too.

Really is sad that people seem to forget their are other people in the world besides them.
    It is the cell phone age were only me and my world matters.

You got it right, I usualy did it, not anymore but that doesn't matter. I really felt like it wasn't right and I'm not defending that people doing it are doing something right.

But what is the point of debating this? People will keep on doing it and to be honest, it's not something worth caring for, if you are really going to say something like 30g adds up, then you are caring too much, seriously.

If you care about 30g as much as people who care about it enough to need on those items, then you belong to the same bunch, the difference is, the first guy has got the balls to get the 30g.

No argument here, really.