How are DKs looking?

Now I do read the other discussion threads in this sub section and I want someone who has played DK extensively or has a rough idea of how DK is doing against most things in 6.0/WoD.

1. How strong is DK right now (both PvE & PvP), where do we stand? I heard we are strong in PvP but how strong?

2. Are all 3 specs close in DPS and by that I mean UH and DW/2H frost obviously blood isn't DPS.

3. I plan on tanking most of the start of WoD as blood, how strong is blood now I heard it's the strongest tank am I right?

4. With the level 100 talents for 2h frost which would be the best as you usually don't DnD in PvP other than getting stealth people out or keeping people in combat etc, so is BoS the best PvP choice for 2h frost?

5. Any other good information you can tell me would be greatly appreciated

1 - 5 We are ok but not the best. Roll a warrior, rogue, or shaman for melee if you want the best. For tanking blood is ok not the best though, for PVP expect a huge nerf to oblit damage (also making us weaker in pve)

I have a three part answer for anyone, since I have been playing on beta for some time now.

For the fun factor:
    I find frost at times frustrating. Plague leech seems mandatory if you do not want to suffer.

positive: breath of syndragosa is awesome. If it stays as is, just know that it is a very rewarding talent for 2h, very frustrating for DW frost.

Unholy: is back to its traditional gameplay. It has the nicest flow in terms of rotation. It feels that it is still the go to spec for pvp, and blizzard adding a healing component as a perk for FC seems to point to that as well. Very unfortunate, I had wished to not have unholy being labeled our pvp spec.

Blood: AKWARD. I hate the blood boil spam. I wish there was a single target spell... When I see where blood was in woltk and now, it feels gutted. Give us blood mark...

For class strength in pve:
    We do have an issue with scaling. Let me define scaling to those hardcore that shudder at the mention of the word. Scaling is the ability of the class to grow stronger, in pace with other classes and specs, by having very few stats that are just a waste. In short, the class should go stronger as we throw more stats to it. This is a direct correlation to how the different mathematical formulaes underlying each talents are built. Unfortunately, indications are that:

2H frost will be, yet again, good at the beginning of wod, and loose out very quickly. Current knobs used to balance the class seem to include FC which doesnt abode well.
    2H frost will be at the mercy of knee jerk nerfing as soon as noobs gets obliterated early in the xpac.

Unholy: nothing wrong but NP is badly designed and is missing a specific treatment for unholy.

Blood: the spec can shine in both pve and pvp. Some people will like the new blood, others will find it missing one talent...

Class strengh in pvp:
    All specs will be fun to play for casual pvp. In fact frost will feel too strong for many players. BoS will catch many players off guard who do not understand how to stop a DK when he unleashes it.

At high level: frost cannot go blood presence, I do not think frost will be used in high level play. Unholy will be the default spec for DK high level arena (forget blood I think).

note on blood, remember these:

Mark of Blood Blood Rune 3 Minutes
    Place a Mark of Blood on an enemy. Whenever the marked enemy deals damage to a target, that target is healed for 4% of its maximum health. Lasts for 20 sec.

Hysteria Blood Rune 2 Minutes
    Induces a friendly unit into a killing frenzy for 30 sec. The target is Enraged, which increases their physical damage by 20%, but causes them to suffer damage equal to 1% of their maximum health every second.
    Last edited by psyquest; 2014-09-19 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't really comment on damage yet, as the numbers tuning is no where near finished.

The gameplay mechanics, however, is pretty much done aside for some minor tweaks.

Again, ignoring DPS/damage WHICH ARE ALL STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND WILL MOST DEFINITELY CHANGE BEFORE LIVE, I'd say DKs are pretty damn fun to play compared to some other classes.

For example, Arms Warriors are doing decent damage right now (subject to change) but they are boring as fuck to play. They have literally 3 buttons to press in their rotation.

Frost DKs are super fun to play IMO and the Blood tanks are more engaging. I love the more active role you have to play in order to tank as a DK and Monk, those are my two favorite tanks to play at the moment.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    We can't really comment on damage yet, as the numbers tuning is no where near finished.

The gameplay mechanics, however, is pretty much done aside for some minor tweaks.

Again, ignoring DPS/damage WHICH ARE ALL STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND WILL MOST DEFINITELY CHANGE BEFORE LIVE, I'd say DKs are pretty damn fun to play compared to some other classes.

For example, Arms Warriors are doing decent damage right now (subject to change) but they are boring as fuck to play. They have literally 3 buttons to press in their rotation.

Frost DKs are super fun to play IMO and the Blood tanks are more engaging. I love the more active role you have to play in order to tank as a DK and Monk, those are my two favorite tanks to play at the moment.
    I feel like that compelling gameplay is gone in beta. Less interaction with different abilities, except using good timing for a rune tap maybe. Everything feels so passive and easy.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3