Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    If the west wanted you dead. They would have attacked during the 90's when Russia was having it's civil war.

Instead they planted their victory flag as a Giant Mcdonalds in the former USSR capital.
    Fat and slow Russian soldiers are good targets, no?. I see this as and act of aggression or at least a conspiracy-undermining one
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-09-19 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth be told, as it stands now Russia could do it, unless NATO reinforces first. However, the end result would be a totally destroyed Russian Army being thrown right back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    He couldn't do it if he wanted to, and any gains would be nearly instantly lost. The USSR at the height of its power couldn't have done it. His 20 year old scrapheap of a military wouldn't fair any better.

Putin is pathetic, and his chest-beating strongman routine is absurd. You'd have to be a mouth-breathing window licker to fall for this bullshit...and that doesn't speak well for the population of Russia.
    Actually the USSR at the height of its power could of done it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Actually the USSR at the height of its power could of done it.
    Debatable, as at that point NATO doctrine called for the use of tactical nukes to break an invasion up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    LilPutin is turning into that one douchenozzle that everyone knows but never wants to run into at a party. The one who never shuts up about how awesome he is and always tries to one-up everyone else's stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Truth be told, as it stands now Russia could do it, unless NATO reinforces first. However, the end result would be a totally destroyed Russian Army being thrown right back out.
    You think Russia could mobilize enough forces in 2 days to take on NATO? I also don't think Russia could keep the US and the Pacific off its ass while trying to conduct a campaign across Europe.

This is just Putin's monthly threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    The article says this is a reiteration of the threat he made last month, but this time with additional cities thrown in for good measure.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Doesn't Putin have some photo ops with polar bears he should be shooting?

Deleted
    Let's pretend for one second that Russia could actually invade and hold those countries for an extended period of time. What would he gain from it?
    Because I'm pretty sure Poland, Romania and the Baltic states would never EVER accept russian rule. Does he really think intimidating or forcing Eastern Europe will somehow magically convince them to side with Russia instead of the EU?

Why haven't this thread got locked yet? Nice moderation dudes, lets feed more the russophobia bullshit. I got infracted once for linking a "supposed conspiracy" site concerning the MH17 with 1/10000th of the bullshit OP has linked. Talking about selective moderation right?

This is exactly how propaganda works. I've posted in front page the true source of this statment (a speculation by Ukraine's prime minister) in the first page (post#12) with evidence, and next page you got people talking about how evil is Putin... gg

THIS WAS SAID BY UKRAINE'S PRIME MINISTER IN AN INTERVIEW IN BBC (video follows skip @2:00) AND NOT BY PUTIN, THUS WHY ALL CREDIBLE MEDIA SOURCES (aka Reuters-BBC etc) have said nothing about it!

Last edited by Ulmita; 2014-09-19 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    I don't doubt he could send 30.000 tanks on a surprise trip through Europe for a week or so. None would return home, but at least he proved his point about "invading" Europe. LMAO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Why haven't this thread got locked yet? Nice moderation dudes, lets feed more the russophobia bullshit

This is exactly how propaganda works. I've posted in front page the true source of this statment (a speculation by Ukraine's prime minister) in the first page (post#12) with evidence, and next page you got people talking about how evil is Putin... gg

THIS WAS SAID BY UKRAINE'S PRIME MINISTER IN AN INTERVIEW IN BBC (video follows skip @2:00) AND NOT BY PUTIN, THUS ALL CREDIBLE MEDIA SOURCES (aka Reuters-BBC etc have said nothing about it!)

So Putin has absolutely no interest in those countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    So Putin has absolutely no interest in those countries?
    Call him and ask him, how should i know? I just said the OP linked a bullshit site that tries through a panic title to sell views and you all bait. I then i linked the true source of that saying and now you're trying to do what exactly? Keep the devil putin image alive? There is no point trying that with me

This is sort of yellow tabloid level of out of context thing. :/
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    "Idle threats are empty threats" - Javik.

He's not threatening anything, he's just trying to big himself up and "intimidate" people.

He's like one of those freaks at the gym who feel they need to let everyone know how "strong" they are by being a loudmouth prick and flexing all the time. "I CAN BENCH PRESS X POUNDS! I'M SO AWESOME, JUST LOOK AT MY FUCKING BICEPS BRO!"

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    He's not threatening anything, he's just trying to big himself up and "intimidate" people.

He's like one of those freaks at the gym who feel they need to let everyone know how "strong" they are by being a loudmouth prick and flexing all the time. "I CAN BENCH PRESS X POUNDS! I'M SO AWESOME, JUST LOOK AT MY FUCKING BICEPS BRO!"
    That's it I've lost all my faith in humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It's an old story, but what he said is probably true, “If I wanted, in two days I could have Russian troops not only in Kiev, but also in Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Warsaw and Bucharest.”

However keeping hold of those regions is another thing entirely, and Russia wouldn't have any chance of doing that.

From what I can gather it wasn't said with any intention of implementing it, rather the opposite, and saying Russia doesn't want to do it.
    Yeah, that's basically how I read it when it was current news. Sort of, "you idiots keep saying that 'Russia is invading'. This is what Russia actually invading would look like".
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    We allreadfy have a thread on Putin and the situation in Eastern Europe located here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-in-drill-1-1

Feel free to take this discussion there. We do not need 2 threads discussing the same people and problems.

CLOSED.