10+ Year Old Account

Takes 20 seconds to report a post

Why does it take 20 seconds for the screen to refresh after clicking "Send Report"?

Deleted
    I just reported your post and it took less than a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it depends on the traffic on the site?
    I've reported posts and had it go through right away
    and other times it's taken 15-20secs.

Usually takes me 20+ seconds too.

Although I think mine are ignored half the time anyway

Reports go through as soon as you submit them, not sure why there is a long load afterwards.
    Last edited by chaud; 2014-09-19 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Reports go through as soon as you submit them, not sure why there is a long load afterwards.
    Because it has to take you back to the page you were at previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Because it has to take you back to the page you were at previously.
    It's odd though when you can go from any one spot to any other spot on mmo champion, but the only time I have a delay is after a report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Experiencing this myself, you report someone and it stands there, loading for about 20 seconds before you're rerouted to the previous page.

(My view as a user, not a mod)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I'm going to report a post (shouldn't be hard to find one worthy of reporting) to check what the dev console says about what's happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    This might be as good a place to ask as any... When clicking Edit Post, what is the logic behind when it goes to "quick edit" with a cancel option, and when it goes to "advanced" in a different page with no cancel option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Its strange because it has never taken this long for me before, its only in the last couple weeks. Not a huge deal, just strange/somewhat annoying.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it always takes ages to report posts too.

Deleted
    According to my developer console (F12), it sends of a request to report.php?sendemail or something like that, which (this time) took 18 seconds to continue. Everything afterwards loaded instantly.

The best solution is to make that sendemail call execute asynchronously. I realize that since you use PHP, this is not that easy due to PHP being singlethreaded, but if I have to wait 18 seconds every time I report someone, I'm not going to be quick on reporting.

10+ Year Old Account
    i too have had this happen when reporting posts. is annoying when you come upon one of "those" threads. the ones where it's degenerated into little more than flaming and insult slinging.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It won't be as fast as a normal page load, but it should be somewhat faster now.

It does seem faster.

Btw while you're here I'm gonna hijack this thread for another problem:

-------------------

On my iPhone 5S I'll have an MMO-C tab from hours/days ago.
    When I go to that tab and view MMO-Champion.com, the page will reload and show the threads/posts for whenever the time that tab was last active.
    The problem is: even after clicking around to different threads/subforums (and even refreshing the page), it takes 3-6+ page loads for the actual posts/threads of the current time to load up.
    (And for reference, the time at the bottom of the page is actually correct.)
    This has been happening for months now.

So to reiterate:
    >Tab will be from MMO-C at like 2 PM.
    >Reopen tab at like 8 PM.
    >Clicking into threads/subforums/refreshing will show stuff from 2 PM.
    >Only after like 2 refreshes and/or 4+ page changes will the stuff from 8 PM start to show up.

Fix it.

Something somewhere is caching this page for you then: http://www.mmo-champion.com/curse/filters/filters.php

I don't think it is on our end.