Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    well that one was kinda awesome the Grom one did suck balls so.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be another video, folks. On Lords of War page you can see that Part 5 is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    Once you’ve watched his story, visit our newly posted Kilrogg character page to read more about his legacy and his role in the events to come.

Four,
    oh: four.
    Page Not Found

thx blizz i didn't want to check that out anyways.
    Nearly half an hour later and still no page. I know Blizzard doesn't do a very good job where the website is concerned - it's pretty much always on the backburner. But now they can't be bothered to care about being on time, either, with webpage-related promos for their upcoming expansion? ٩◔̯◔۶
    Last edited by Alayea; 2014-09-19 at 07:58 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I didn't need to dump one of my eyes into a pool to foresee that Killrog would kill his father, already saw that coming the moment he entered his building. This story was a little meh but I would still prefer it over Durotans story.

These videos make Varian look weak imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I didn't need to dump one of my eyes into a pool to foresee that Killrog would kill his father, already saw that coming the moment he entered his building. This story was a little meh but I would still prefer it over Durotans story.
    A lot of people in WoW... especially the orcs, have mommy/daddy issues. Is that just an easy storytelling arc that they are borrowing from? Or are they really trying to setup the bonds of family and that war (therefore, a World of Warcraft) is heavily influenced by this? Do we ever see someone grow up in a nice, normal family, and because a major lore character in WoW?

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

How shitty would Killrog's dad's vision of been? "You will lead a scared do nothing tribe until you are killed by your son. Enjoy!" "Gee, thanks for that..."

Great motivation for a new cheiftan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once did the ritual described in the video, to see how I would die. I saw myself dying of an infection, caused by not cleaning my eyesocket well after the ritual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    A lot of people in WoW... especially the orcs, have mommy/daddy issues. Is that just an easy storytelling arc that they are borrowing from? Or are they really trying to setup the bonds of family and that war (therefore, a World of Warcraft) is heavily influenced by this? Do we ever see someone grow up in a nice, normal family, and because a major lore character in WoW?
    Well, if you count all the people that never have any family mentioned, there are plenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Well, if you count all the people that never have any family mentioned, there are plenty.
    Who doesn't have family that's a major lore character? I didn't know who Killrog's father was before, but as soon as they tell his story, daddy issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    Who doesn't have family that's a major lore character? I didn't know who Killrog's father was before, but as soon as they tell his story, daddy issues.
    Khadgar, Lothar, Tyrande, Malfurion, Lor'themar, the non-Moira Bronzebeards, etc. Plenty of characters never have any parents mentioned, and I think it's safe to assume they grew up with a normal life.

The problem is that if a character does have family mentioned, chances are they are going to have some conflict with them otherwise there wouldn't be much purpose in them having named parents in the first place.

Deleted
    The link for the Killrogg page is wrong. Please fix it. Here's the right one: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...ilrogg-deadeye

I imagine Kilrogg's father saw in his vision something like that his clan was in great danger and that he wouldn't be able to lead it to victory. Seeing his son kill him he came to understand, or rather believe, because it is what the video is about, that his son could and so he waited for this day to come. In the end he seemed proud that the day had finally come.

As for daddy issues, I see great love/respect between these two. Had Grom been son to this chieftain, he most likely would have killed him years ago, but Kilorgg served him respectfully despite his doubts. That there is always something dramatic when parents are involved in such videos is probably because "father/son, mother/daughter make a happy hunting trip and nothing happens" would be a bit boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Khadgar, Lothar, Tyrande, Malfurion, Lor'themar, the non-Moira Bronzebeards, etc. Plenty of characters never have any parents mentioned, and I think it's safe to assume they grew up with a normal life.

The problem is that if a character does have family mentioned, chances are they are going to have some conflict with them otherwise there wouldn't be much purpose in them having named parents in the first place.
    I need to broaden it a little, that it is distinctly family issues, not just mom and dad. You make an excellent point, if there is no interesting conflict, then the family member wouldn't exist. But look at Malfurion, battle with his brother. For that matter, Sylvanas, and her sisters/brother. I get that family conflict makes an interesting story, there are ties there that you can't just walk away from, so you have to put up with stuff, but it is overused, and too much of a crutch. Of the four Warlord stories so far, three were about family. With Kilrog, they could have done anything. His vision didn't show death, so he knew he could conquer and no worry. Or show an impossible death, that he would never think could come to be (ala MacBeth). There was potential for something great. But instead it was "my daddy is holding me back, I need to prove myself by killing him." I don't know, I'm just looking for more plot ideas than someone saving/killing/getting upset about their parent/sibling/child dying/going mad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    so how our Maraad would be able to tell story of alternative Kilrogg then?
    Perhaps that is the twist they're building up to: That isn't the real Maraad.
    Someone in disguise maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukoden View Post
    the direction blizzard is taking with its animated story telling is a stark contrast to warcraft 3 . the content is ok i guess but the animation is not as good as any of the cut scene /videos from warcraft 3 and i dont like it . kinda expected 2014 to trump 1994
    Blizzard's cinematics take a lot bloody longer than this to crank out.

If you want an actual comparison, compare it to cutscenes like Arthas vs Illidan in Warcraft 3. Then gauge the difference.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This I found to be the most meh of them all. A son sees a vision of an empowered clan, he kills his father to take control. It is just about the most basic story in any tribal setting. They wrote that in like 10 min if that. This didn't even need a video and was rather pointless I feel. They start it off like they were going to show this Orc to have some deep spiritual beliefs. Instead it is just a chieftain ritual and never mentions any kind of faith other than I had vision. This one was the most 101 story telling every and never deserved a short. But he is a Warlord and they obviously got to him and went fuck it use the most basic tribal story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokee View Post
    Perhaps that is the twist they're building up to: That isn't the real Maraad.
    Someone in disguise maybe?
    Obviously a Metzen transformed into Maraad :S

There should be 7 total, one for each orc warlord (as the warlords of draenor splash picture that has 7 of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    There should be 7 total, one for each orc warlord (as the warlords of draenor splash picture that has 7 of them)
    Gul'dan isn't part of the Iron Horde and Ner'zhul isn't part of it for very long. This is focusing on the main antagonists for that faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    The link for the Killrogg page is wrong. Please fix it. Here's the right one: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...ilrogg-deadeye
    It wasn't wrong. Blizzard just couldn't be bothered to have the page up as they pushed Kilrogg's video. Took them hours later, but it's there now.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn