Which spec for leveling in WoD

What's currently looking better in the beta? Starfalling all the things or speedracer kitty cat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance by one hundred million miles. Okay so I'm 588 ilv on live but seriously I think I leveled 90-92 without casting anything but starfall.
    Even in Nagrand starfall does a heavy % of your damage, and its pro for sniping tags on mobs.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Balance by one hundred million miles. Okay so I'm 588 ilv on live but seriously I think I leveled 90-92 without casting anything but starfall.
    Even in Nagrand starfall does a heavy % of your damage, and its pro for sniping tags on mobs.

You're acting as if it's impressive at all that you're destroying mobs designed to be fought with ilvl 437 Dread Waste quest gear at 588.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalys View Post
    You're acting as if it's impressive at all that you're destroying mobs designed to be fought with ilvl 437 Dread Waste quest gear at 588.
    You're acting as if one of the other specs can do this at anywhere near the same speed even in 588 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    You're acting as if one of the other specs can do this at anywhere near the same speed even in 588 gear.
    Exactly this. I would say balance druid is the BEST spec for leveling 90-100 outright. No other classes or specs even come close, but between the two the OP questioned about balance is a clear winner at my item level.

However in lower item level starfall not only becomes less effective, it becomes down-right dangerous. It will stop being a strong and powerful aoe and become a nuisance because if you're not geared enough, instead of killing off mobs you want to stop beating your face, it'll invite more to the party and get you killed faster.

Also bear in mind when I was making these pulls (mostly later levels) and was getting beat on, I popped defensive and made great use of the improved owlkin frenzy perk which recently got nerfed to no longer make heals instant only damaging spells. RIP insta-healingtouches - so need to be a little more careful its a jungle out there!

@Khalys if you have nothing constructive to stay stop bloating the thread and keep your snide remarks to yourself
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

I have a 584 cat set and a 575 moonkin set. Would you still recommend moonkin?

Quote Originally Posted by mogra View Post
    You probably won't start replacing gear of either set until Spires at the earliest (aka, around 96-98). More realistically start replacing pieces at lvl 98-100 in Nagrand, so gear isn't a limitation no matter which spec you choose.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mogra View Post
    I guess it depends when you want to level, any time in the first month definately boomkin. Starfall auto tagging mobs beats having to melee (or even faerie fire) them all day long. Your through put may be lower as balance, but you'll tag faster and that's half the battle @ release.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,