Thinking of rerolling as Guardian Druid

Can someone give me insight about Guardian Druid? How is it? Is it good or it got worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what i've seen guardian is still as strong as it is on live. The only flaw atm is our self healing but i'm pretty sure there must be a bug. Imho it's a great class to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there were significant changes in the last build, guardians are still at the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rotationally its fairly boring, Survival wise we are pretty strong atm but its no longer an AM spam fest with rage gen limited you have to actually think a little about what to use when. Talents have alot of issues in beta, Incarnation being just about unusable since we are forced into SotF for rage gen and its interaction with Pulverise, lvl 90 talents are all just about equally crap, and the lvl 100 talents forces us into pulverize except for a very few fight specific instances when GoE will be beneficial.

But we get to be a BEAR!!!!!!!!!!
    Victoria Aut Mors

10+ Year Old Account
    We are much weaker compared to live, BUT so are all other tanks. Compared to other tanks come WoD, we are in a decent spot survival wise, we just have the most boring/simple rotation of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    We are much weaker compared to live, BUT so are all other tanks. Compared to other tanks come WoD, we are in a decent spot survival wise, we just have the most boring/simple rotation of them all.
    So is druid stronger than BrM Monk? Or are all of the tank class about the same as others tank for WoD?

Also, how will anyone rate the tank from the best to worse? I heard warrior is good tank, is it true?
    Last edited by Mueller Greyhound; 2014-09-20 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Quick additional question :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamurain View Post
    So is druid stronger than BrM Monk? Or are all of the tank class about the same as others tank for WoD?

Also, how will anyone rate the tank from the best to worse? I heard warrior is good tank, is it true?
    Currently warriors survive so well and gladiator stance is 2nd on dps lolwut
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Guardian druid way to booring since MOP, thats my biggest beef.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Guardian druid way to booring since MOP, thats my biggest beef.
    Tauren druid - beef, i get it ah ha ha
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

I'm assuimg there will be one more tuning pass before WoD hits lives next 2 weeks? I hope there will be more good changes for guardian druid.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Currently warriors survive so well and gladiator stance is 2nd on dps lolwut
    Is there any information about this?
    Last edited by Mueller Greyhound; 2014-09-20 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone linked a simcraft page last night but I didn't save the url. Ive searched a bit and can't find it, but will try and get my hands on it tonight and paste it here.

Edit: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/raid-9-20-14.html
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-09-21 at 10:57 AM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

So it is protection warrior > guardian druid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamurain View Post
    So it is protection warrior > guardian druid?
    Would seem that way. Kinda sad how 1 expansion ago they removed bear-catting and now make a whole new spec for gladiator warrior tank-dpsing
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Would seem that way. Kinda sad how 1 expansion ago they removed bear-catting and now make a whole new spec for gladiator warrior tank-dpsing
    You're not a tank in Gladiator spec. It's a fully fledged DPS spec, and will be flattened in the same way that other DPS specs do against bosses.
    Now, if you wanted to question the wisdom in creating a fully fledged DPS spec that only requires an out of combat GCD to go from full DPS to full tank...
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2014-09-22 at 11:53 AM.

Druid can't really have a more boring rotation than blood can it? Blood is 3 buttons and significant amounts of downtime between those 3 buttons. What is the rotation if someone doesn't mind posting?

That said I'm rolling out of dk into either paladin or druid, mostly for the sake of having 3 roles available considering how most gear changes with your spec in WoD. Leaning druid at the moment, any major reasons why I shouldn't be?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, as far as I've fiddled around with my dudu in beta (only on level 90 yet though) it's lacerate x3 - mangle- refresh lacerate -mangle (when procs) maul (when procs) - Thrash. And keep SD up as much as you can (seems practically impossible -_-) or use FR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I think, as far as I've fiddled around with my dudu in beta (only on level 90 yet though) it's lacerate x3 - mangle- refresh lacerate -mangle (when procs) maul (when procs) - Thrash. And keep SD up as much as you can (seems practically impossible -_-) or use FR.
    Kinda your gonna blow the 3 stack lac on pulv for the DR so Mangle>Lac>Pulverise(@3x Lac to keep buff up)>Thrash

AM = SD when available>pooling Maul procs for SD Downtime>FR as needed if available
    Victoria Aut Mors

Hey, thought I would pop in here since I am also at an impass for class changes in WoD. Right now I am trying to stick to one character that can heal and tank, and my choices are Monk or Druid. Hoping someone has more experience with both on beta than me, but is the difference between guardian vs. BrM worse than the difference between resto vs. MW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Hey, thought I would pop in here since I am also at an impass for class changes in WoD. Right now I am trying to stick to one character that can heal and tank, and my choices are Monk or Druid. Hoping someone has more experience with both on beta than me, but is the difference between guardian vs. BrM worse than the difference between resto vs. MW?
    Probably best to wait for some tuning passes, atm tanks and heals are kinda all over the place.
    Victoria Aut Mors

Someone linked a simcraft page last night but I didn't save the url. Ive searched a bit and can't find it, but will try and get my hands on it tonight and paste it here.

Edit: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/raid-9-20-14.html
    I would take the results with a grain of salt, it's still beta and doubt that all of the action lists are set up properly for all the specs.