Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumala View Post
    you don't look at absolute numbers when you compare reception, you look at per capita

if usa would have the same reception of asylum seekers as sweden it would put them at 2 million asylum seekers, as a comparison
    So?

10chars

EDIT: Ok so Kumanta is banned, but I'm changing my mind, I just saw that you need to be present in Sweden in order to actually apply for asylum so maybe not accept every single person who gets here.

Still, the point remains the same; Asylum applicants aren't the same as actual asylum recievers.
    Last edited by mmoc96b28150b7; 2014-09-23 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    So?

10chars
    If 2 million people were to congregate in an area (as asylum seekers/immigrants do when in a new country) you'd have created Americas largest city within 6 years.

Immigrants should be assimilated. If you seek a new start, then start anew. If you seek a better life, live better. If "this new place" isn't better, you chose wrong. If you seek refuge here, you can't oppress your women. For instance, most women don't cover their faces where I am, we disallow honor killings, we (as a culture) don't abort female fetuses, and we employ proper facilities for bowel movements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    If 2 million people were to congregate in an area (as asylum seekers/immigrants do when in a new country) you'd have created Americas largest city within 6 years.
    See the edit.

I do believe people talk about asylum seekers that are accepted, rather than just people that apply and get turned down.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/downl...cions+2014.pdf

This years numbers btw, 34,000 applications and 20,000 acceptances. It's quite a high acceptance rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I do believe people talk about asylum seekers that are accepted, rather than just people that apply and get turned down.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/downl...cions+2014.pdf

This years numbers btw, 34,000 applications and 20,000 acceptances. It's quite a high acceptance rate.
    Well Syrians make up a big part. I don't believe Syrians are as "problematic" as Afghan or Somali refugees in the way that Syria was a fairly civilized country like Iran before the war. If we'd have 20000 Afghanis coming in every year we'd have a very hard situation.

That doesn't mean the issue of integration ceases to exist; If I remember correctly refugees aren't allowed to take SFI-classes until they have their own home, which means refugees living in 'refugee homes' (or whatever they are called) have in practice no way to integrate, get a job, get a life, whatever. At the same time the Swedish state pumps money into these expensive black holes. No pun intended. It's fucking stupid and doesn't help anyone but the owners of the refugee homes. I wish people actually discussed this instead of complaining about Islam..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    While I don't read Swedish, that looks an awful lot like total number of crimes, rather than per-capita numbers, meaning it's not really an honest representation since it doesn't control for population growth.

Plus, there's what the BRA has to say on the matter;
    The number of reported assaults has been on the increase for last decade. Meanwhile, crime victim surveys show that a large part of the increase may be due to the fact that more crimes are actually reported.

The evidence points to changes in reporting, not a big increase in offenses.
    I suppose, but it's implying it might be the case, not that it is necessarily the case. It said "may be due," not "is due."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So why are you talking about integration if you first say you support assimilation?
    I support both but referenced the customary rather than the legal aspect of things. Integration is a can of worms I have yet to open. "There" (wherever that may be), it is customary to commit honor killings, complement cooks by burping after meals, and shit on sidewalks; not so "here".
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2014-09-23 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    The first generation don't assimilate well. Their kids do.
    No it's the second and third generation that causes all the problems. Look at UK it's the young muslims that are the most radical, beheading people and so. It's because their parents came there to work and get money. Their kids have the money (probably living on welfare) and have almost no connection with British identity. They easly tend to sway to radical islam as they are young and dumb. And Islam loves young and dumb.