Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    So glad I don't live in the states....
    There are over 300 million of us living in the states, and the vast majority of us had nothing to do with this incident. What country do you live in, in which nobody does anything criminally and ethically stupid?

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama -- In dismissing the lawsuit filed on behalf of a 14-year-old used as bait and raped at Sparkman Middle School, a federal magistrate ruled last year that school officials' decision-making was not "clearly unreasonable.
    Not clearly unreasonable?!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    So glad I don't live in the states.....
    I didn't realize Rotherham was in 'the states.'

In both this school district and Rotherham, note the common denominator - government workers covering themselves under color of law / procedure / union / connections to a politician or political party.

Anyone get the impression a thread as controversial as this is only as small as it is in Gen OT because people are genuinely too sickened and shocked to pass comment and are just staying the hell away... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

What the actual fuck.

So the girl went looking for the rapist boy and asked to have sex in the bathroom with him?. That is entrapment for sure. The boy is a piece of garbage and should have already been in either jail or expelled, but to set someone up for entrapment is still wrong. I don't like anyone in this story, even the girl.

Would it really have made a difference if they caught him in the act? The school aren't police officers. The school should've reported the kid to the police and let them deal with it since it's their job. So in the end a special needs girl gets raped on top of all the other problems she has because she expected support from the school. Maybe the girl isn't the retard here and it's the teachers?

10+ Year Old Account
    This...is pretty fucking disgusting on everyone but the poor girls end. I mean really disgusting. No other phrase I can think of but fucked up (scuse my language).
    I hope this goes very viral and those teachers and admin get fired and lose their whole career over this. I wouldn't want to see any of them work at a school, even as a custodian, ever again. This is appalling and embarassing.

The boy seems like he isn't all there mentally. I haven't read anything more on the boy about any previous mental illnesses or if he was every observed for any mental conditions. I realize at that age puberty hits but that is pretty awful he is acting on his thoughts. And the sad thing is...the way it went down the boy can actually get off scott free for this. If the girl initiated the encounter and never said no during it then that could be used to help the boys case. If the boy was never convicted prior to this than, realistically, the boy will probably get probation and have it expunged off his record at 18.

The teachers should actually be charged and put on the sexual predators list for this. How appalling. There are some people that I feel should not breathe the same air I breathe and the admin and teachers involved in this case are some of them. I hope more than a fine will be given to all adults involved in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Hope the dad doesn't give up. Take it higher.
    he wont win. money buys everything in this country. plus its alabama. what did you honestly expect? justice?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

WTF???
    Were they retarded? The teachers, I mean?
    And how they didnt hear her screams? I dont believe she would have been silent in the case of anal rape.
    And now case dismissed?
    If the appeal fails, well, I dont even want to think about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    So they set a trap, but forgot to actually spring it leading to this girl getting raped? Job well done, really...
    Ideed. Some real ingenuity at work there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Ideed. Some real ingenuity at work there.
    That degree is helping them go places, yaknow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    WTF???
    Were they retarded? The teachers, I mean?
    And how they didnt hear her screams? I dont believe she would have been silent in the case of anal rape.
    And now case dismissed?
    If the appeal fails, well, I dont even want to think about it.
    What I gathered from the story is the girl agreed to do this, but instead of waiting for a plan to unfold she approached the boy on her own and asked to have sex with him. That's the way I interpreted the story, but it's a very vague story. Either way if its proven the teachers did this they should be thrown in jail. The boy should be put in a mental hospital forever or castrated, his choice.

This guy is the future's next top sex offender anyway. He needs therapy asap... just look at all those incidents mentioned in OP's article. Disgusting.

Back when I was 16, if you dared to touch a girl like this you'd be beaten to pulp

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Anyone get the impression a thread as controversial as this is only as small as it is in Gen OT because people are genuinely too sickened and shocked to pass comment and are just staying the hell away... ?
    That's probably part of it, plus the fact there's not much to actually discuss - we all seem to be pretty much in agreement that the whole fucking debacle is disgusting, the teachers/aide involved are incompetent, negligent cretins and the boy is shaping up to be a vile piece of work.
    As for the judge's decision... I've got some choice words for him too, that probably don't bear repeating here.
    Last edited by Kerath; 2014-09-22 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    That is horrible.

I'd fire everyone involved. Bar them from working with children. Cut a big check to the girl. Then I'd make sure that the boys life in prison is not a long one.

I'd also bar them from doing trust falls, as they obviously wouldn't catch anyone.
    welcome to the teachers union were they make it literally imposable to fire teachers and administrators and they will do what ever to protect the teacher even when it will harm the students

Deleted
    #justUSstuff

How could the teacher ask a trusting student to do something so dangerous then "forget"? He had no authority to set up a sting.