Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Actually, you could just place 100 drones in the middle of woods a couple miles outside Washington. Let them sit for a few days while you run away. Then activate them. What are you gonna do to stop them? You'd have to run hourly sweeps of every wood, field, ocean, river, lake for drones.

By the time the government could set up the infrastructure to sweep for drones with that precision, the terrorist drones will be the size of a fly and could shoot lasers.
    you sure seem to be spending quite a bit of time thinking up ways to bomb the white house.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold II View Post
    That Mexican jumped the wrong fence, amirite.
    lolz, this made me chuckle

shouldn't those two fence jumpers be allowed to stay and live in the white house?
    Isn't that what we allow people to do when they are successful in jumping over the southern boarder fence

I'm surprised he's not spending the rest of his life in Gitmo right now.
    Oh aye.

Now they have a second incident at the white house, some guy refused to leave the gate with his car.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ouse/15973765/

They need to really clamp down on security, we cant have things like this happening ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    I'm surprised he's not spending the rest of his life in Gitmo right now.
    because we should just stick everyone who passes that fence in gitmo. reminds me a of a certain regime in the 1930's.........
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Now they have a second incident at the white house, some guy refused to leave the gate with his car.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ouse/15973765/

They need to really clamp down on security, we cant have things like this happening ever.
    Yeah. Maybe they should bite the bullet (no pun intended) and make an example out of the next person who tries anything if people are going to continue with the nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Yeah. Maybe they should bite the bullet (no pun intended) and make an example out of the next person who tries anything if people are going to continue with the nonsense.
    dictators like to do that too. that just what this country needs is another dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    but Rachael Maddow said it's right wing radicals so it must be true. anything bad that happens in the US is definitely the republicans fault still though right?
    anyone doing something bad can't be right-wing, they're just messed up in the head right?

Deleted
    Never mind 100 drones...What people really need is 100 look-alike obamas to hide then suddenly storm the white house! The secret service will be so stunned! Even all the Obamas will be stunned! It would be a presidential nightmare!

10+ Year Old Account
    They did that.... not too long ago. Already forgot?

The vid sucks... sorry didn't find a better one that quick... I hate those hyper links in vids.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, Obama, many of his administration heads, and congressional leaders of both parties (along with a number of folks from his predecessor's government) should be charged with war crimes and turned over to the ICC. Failing that, they ought to be removed from office and charged here in the US.

Oh, wait, you meant the antics at the White House, with "intruders"? Whatever. Obama is a (malevolent) clown, as was Bush. Their only function is to pretend that the US is a democracy. Supposedly "anti-interventionist" (later "Axis of Evil") Bush? Bomb Iraq. Noble Peace Prize winning (and supposedly "anti-war" Obama? Bomb Iraq.

The President (and his residence) have been reduced to reality TV. Maybe it's sweeps week?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Mutants want their rights I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    anyone doing something bad can't be right-wing, they're just messed up in the head right?
    Pretty much.

Just like how when I post photo's from left wing politcal rallies that have people embracing murder as a legitimate tactic in political change and having games for children at those same rallies like "pin the molotov on the police car" and the left says "hey there not leftist, they are nuts"

Once upon a time you could walk into the white house and talk to a president. now you get arrested and charged with terrorism or some stupid shit

I think people are making too much of it. Here's what I see:

1. Man jumps a fence. The White House is a tourist destination, so it's not like the fence is a serious measure.
    2. Within 10 yards or so he was spotted by a uniformed police officer, who radioed it in. In all probability, the White House was being locked down by that time.
    2a. According to an LA Times article (http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...919-story.html), security guards saw that he was unarmed and deliberately chose not to release their dogs or fire their guns.
    3. He made it 100 yards from fence to door before he ran into the guys whose job it is to stop people, at which point he was stopped.
    3a. Remember doing those stupid 50 yard dashes in high school? I was a fat kid with no athletic skills and it took me a little over seven seconds, so we're talking something in the vicinity of this entire event taking place over 15-20 seconds.
    3b. Keep in mind that he was not only spotted within this time frame, but he was spotted well enough that the guards made a decision not to escalate their use of force, which means they could have ended the incident in even less time.

Seems pretty good to me.

I mean, if we want to lock the White House down so tight it makes your ass clench, we can do that, legally and logistically. Given that we have made a reasoned decision that people should be able to take photos and petition for a redress of grievances (pesky Constitution!) I think it was handled perfectly. Kudos to the officers involved.

It should be the policy, not just an example. We cant have people breaking into the white house period. Who knows what these people could have in mind or what damage they are capable of doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It should be the policy, not just an example. We cant have people breaking into the white house period. Who knows what these people could have in mind or what damage they are capable of doing.
    We can't have anyone breaking into any house period.

Though I really don't care that much about this, did not harm.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    He wanted to plant the ISIS flag.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A man who jumped the White House fence Friday evening made it inside the North Portico doors of the presidential residence before being apprehended by authorities, the Secret Service told the Associated Press.

The suspect was identified as 42-year-old Omar J. Gonzalez. It was not immediately clear why he sought to breach the perimeter.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-20-04-59-08
    Don't tell anyone else this but..... no fence or law can stop a crazy person from doing crazy.

What? laws don't stop people from committing crimes? lunacy!