Getting a new mouse.

I'm in the market for a new mouse, this will be the second Razer Naga I have replaced in four years (each lasting about two). I like the Naga, with the exception of replacing them so frequently. I'm looking for some options on what to buy next. Right now the three mice I'm looking at are (yes another) Naga, the Corsair Vengeance M95 and the Logitech G600. I'm open to opinions and suggestions for other mice, but I would prefer them to have multiple side buttons like the Naga.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The naga 2014 is pretty nice. I replaced my g600 with a naga 14' just the other week. The g600 has lasted me over 2 years but the button layout on the side and the size just hurts my hands way to much. The mechanical side buttons on the naga are actually pretty nifty and theya re a lto easier to press. The only thing I don't dig is the fact that they moved the 2 buttons down from the top left of the mouse to right below the mouse wheel. Kind of awkward to press but you get used to it.

The g600 is good if you have a claw style grip because it is infact a tad bit shorter than the naga. The ring finger button is also very nice this way you can bind a hard to reach modifier like ALT to it and make your life easier. The buttons are in a layout almost like a wave on the side of the mouse so it does make finding them easier but this is something you would have to feel to notice. The mouse wheel feels a bit flimsy but it's a very solid mouse. The weight is much more than a naga but it isn't like you are lifting weights while gaming either.

The corsair is a good choice as well if you are ok with the button placement. I have never personally used one but I feel like the way they are designed I would constantly hit the wrong buttons and it would take me a lot longer to get used to the corsair than a buttonpad-style mmo mouse.

How many side buttons are you looking at having? Do you want an mmo mouse or are you opent o other types of mice. Do you need just 2 buttons? (mx519/steelseries sensei style?) If you are worried about not having an mmo mouse and having to use your keyboard you can also look into gamepads (nostromo/tartarus/orbweaver/logitechs version) as you can keybind and the binds will be a ton easier to reach than on a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    How many side buttons are you looking at having? Do you want an mmo mouse or are you opent o other types of mice. Do you need just 2 buttons? (mx519/steelseries sensei style?) If you are worried about not having an mmo mouse and having to use your keyboard you can also look into gamepads (nostromo/tartarus/orbweaver/logitechs version) as you can keybind and the binds will be a ton easier to reach than on a keyboard.
    I haven't played a MMO in a while, so I guess I don't really need all 12 side buttons. I would prefer at least 6 so it covers all my weapon options in games like BF4 and most of the Fallout weapon binds. Also, I like being able to play D3 with one hand since a lot of times I need to hold a kid in the other.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Currently using the M95. It's an excellent mouse, though you have to get used to the button placement. After an adjustment period, you won't have any problems with it. Took me a week or so of playing for me to get a feel for where the buttons were. From there, smooth sailing.

Many folks (myself included) have had bad experiences with Razor products. They tend to be cheaply made, but cost a premium price due to the brand name. Personally, I avoid anything Razor. Logitech, on the other hand, tends to have excellent quality. I haven't used the G600 myself, but I've seen a lot of good things about it. I've used their mice pretty much exclusively before my M95, and never really had an issue. The only reason I didn't go with the G600 is I wanted to try the M95 button placement, and ended up liking it.

i have the logitech g600....would b an awsome mouse except for the firmware issue it has,,,,,it causes the pointer to suddenly shoot off to the edge of the screen, can happen anytime although more noticable in shooter games like csgo(got me killed a few times it has) - version of the firmware which has an issue is U77.00_B0012, apparently after this the mouse is fine but at £65.00 ppl cant really go and get a new 1 if they just bought it...the mouse has loads of options for it anyway,,,,look it up for more info

Using an old naga molten. Had it a few years, works great for me. My thumb easily reaches all the buttons and I have big hands. Never had an issue with it or with any other my other razer gear (before people come in here bashing razer saying they make bad products).
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I've used Nagas for years, but I hate the 2014 version. It's impossible to pick it up and move it without pressing buttons because of the inward-slanted shape of the left (button) side; you have to grip it too hard to do so. I wish I could get a 2013 or Molten or whatever, but I can't find a reliable looking source for one. No way I'd buy a used one with their history of double-click problems. Didn't like the G600 either.