Thread: DW Frost ?'s

DW Frost ?'s

I'm new when it comes to DW Frost. Have always played 2H. Should I use the Masterfrost rotation or Standard rotation? Not sure which is better at the moment. Also for Masterfrost are you ever suppose to use Obliterate or Soul Reaper? Thanks!

I don't know what you define as Standard but Masterfrost has been the standard priority for DW for quite some time. Whether to use OB and SR depends mostly on the amount of mastery you have. After a certain breakpoint (according to EJ around 14-15k, better sim it with simc) it becomes viable to drop OB and SR, so it depends on your gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I don't know what you define as Standard but Masterfrost has been the standard priority for DW for quite some time. Whether to use OB and SR depends mostly on the amount of mastery you have. After a certain breakpoint (according to EJ around 14-15k, better sim it with simc) it becomes viable to drop OB and SR, so it depends on your gear.
    SR is still a tiny DPS gain because of the buff it gives when it hits for the 2nd time.
    But not big enough to keep perfect track of it and fuck stuff up.

Enough mastery = Howling Blast spam and Frost Strike whenever you can, apart from the usual "keep diseases up"

Oh and use Pillar on cd, Army on pull.

Eh... I'm too sleepy and disoriented atm to post a full post.
    If you have questions, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    SR is still a tiny DPS gain because of the buff it gives when it hits for the 2nd time.
    But not big enough to keep perfect track of it and fuck stuff up.

Enough mastery = Howling Blast spam and Frost Strike whenever you can, apart from the usual "keep diseases up"

Oh and use Pillar on cd, Army on pull.

Eh... I'm too sleepy and disoriented atm to post a full post.
    If you have questions, just ask.

I have no idea what this buff SR gives after it detonates please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I have no idea what this buff SR gives after it detonates please elaborate.
    I think he is referring to the fact that SR has a base damage when used and then hits much harder after a few seconds if the target is below 35%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelur View Post
    I think he is referring to the fact that SR has a base damage when used and then hits much harder after a few seconds if the target is below 35%.
    Yes, nevermind, the buff I mentioned wasn't in any way usefull lol