Fix my dps, Help our Enhancement Shaman

We are working on heroic Garrosh and we are trying to get our raids dps up. I think it would be more beneficial for the shaman community to look over logs rather than myself. If anyone has a chance to go through logs would you mind looking through and see what can be improved? Shaman's name is Olaufh and armory is here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laufh/advanced

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=11&graph=true Best attempt on Garrosh, there is also a normal garrosh kill in the log if you would rather look at a kill

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done heroic Paragons, a few weeks old and did die at 1 point in the fight.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ssjohn311; 2014-09-22 at 02:42 AM.

In order of importance:

-They are never once casting Earth Shock. Earth Shock and Flame Shock share a cooldown and should be used interchangeably. When the Unleash Flame buff is up, Flame Shock damage (including dot ticks) is increased by 30%. They want use Flame Shock or Earth Shock on cooldown, but they only want to cast Flame Shock when Unleash Flame is up so that their DoT doesn't get overwritten with non-buffed Flame Shock. WeakAuras is useful for tracking Unleash Flame.

-They should be casting Lightning Bolt more often. It should be first priority when they have five stacks of Maelstrom Weapon, and technically they should also hard-cast it even when they don't have five stacks if there is nothing else to cast and nothing will come off cooldown while they are casting it. The last part can be difficult to judge and the DPS increase is marginal, so just tell them to work on casting LB immediately when they have five stacks.

-They are better off using Ascendence on cooldown even if it means they can't cast it during Bloodlust.

-Casting more Fire Novas during the first phase, preferably when they have Unleash Flame buff up as it is also buffs Fire Nova damage. This is probably not important though because first phase damage is more of a pissing contest than anything else.
    Last edited by triplebeam; 2014-09-21 at 04:01 PM.

ssjohn, go run your shaman through sims, then optimize him on AMR (he could drop that extra exp/hit easily), and resim. See what happens on top of what was previously mentioned.
    Science the shit out of it!

First off, his damage isnt GREAT but it isnt bad either. Id be looking at some of your other raiders since they should be doing a bit more given their ilvls. That being said though...

First question we should be asking is if he is tracking his trinket procs with either weak auras or tellmewhen? Tracking "Dextrous" and "Restless Agility" buffs(both form trinkets) could greatly increase his damage. Mainly tracking his AoC trinket proc which is the "Dextrous" buff and ALSO the ICD on the trinket. Doing so will allow him to time his Ascendance better instead of just on CD. I cant say what the % increase it is in doing so exactly but I know I shoot up considerably in damage output when I do. I have quite a few Weak Auras avaliable if he wants to have them. Heres my Btag Sodamyat#1370

Another thing I would look into, is his casts per encounter. By this I mean, he should be casting more. This can be achieved by weaving in things like earth shock and more lightning bolts. Stormstrike and Lava Lash have 8 sec and 10 sec cds. Casting one after another can sometimes work against you in the long run. Having a priority list isnt an end all be all, its a guideline. Like, casting Lava Lash, then earth shock(or whatever filler), then Stormstrike. The Cds will be offset, meaning youll be casting more instead of "waiting" for either to come off CD. This will result in more casts/enchounter. I believe this was stated by Purge as well somewhere on Totemspot.com, but I havnt been able to find it atm.

Hope this helps

ssjohn, Overall your toon looks fine, but I do believe you should easily be in the 400K+ range. I agree with nearly all the comments above.

But what I did notice is that you reforged quite a bit of haste to mastery. Now that's not necessarily wrong.

Stacking mastery is great for AOE and multiple targets;
    Stacking haste is great for single target

Garrosh has of course P1 with lots of AOE, after that it's mostly single target.

At higher gear levels, I like to keep what Mastery and Haste I got. I believe its gives us the best dps for the changing fight environment. I actually just stopped reforging mastery/haste into one another (based on simming of course).

So I actually simmed your toon, and it basically sims like mine. You can keep that haste you reforged (while losing that mastery) and your dps should go slightly up or stay steady (increasing your single target dps). But again it's simmed on a single target with light movement (which I think better fits the Garrosh fight). Now if the fight is AOE/Multi-target heavy your mastery stacking clearly is best dps.

Try it out, if you'd like, it might help.
    Last edited by Vizslakane; 2014-09-23 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn311 View Post
    We are working on heroic Garrosh and we are trying to get our raids dps up. I think it would be more beneficial for the shaman community to look over logs rather than myself. If anyone has a chance to go through logs would you mind looking through and see what can be improved? Shaman's name is Olaufh and armory is here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laufh/advanced

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=11&graph=true Best attempt on Garrosh, there is also a normal garrosh kill in the log if you would rather look at a kill

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done heroic Paragons, a few weeks old and did die at 1 point in the fight.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Why are you focusing on the enhance ? He's not perfect but you have like mages doing pitiful damage for one. I don't have time to look thru the logs in depth, but make sure you are looking @ boss damage not pad damage and also look @ more attempts, on the other long attempts he is much higher. If u want to see how melee are contributing look only @ phase 2 because if u have people running around like idiots in p3 ofc their damage will suffer.

Dmg really isn't all that bad. Garrosh dmg is competitive with the rest of melee/raid. He could definitely pad a bit more on P1 if he really wanted to with being a bit more aggressive on Fire Nova.

But if I was trying to get my raid's DPS up, you really should be looking at your mages.

Also, I'm sure you're aware, but you really need to fix your Annihilates. I swear it looks like half the people face tank it. I don't think your DPS is really a huge problem, you're having a ridiculous number of deaths in the first intermission. There's not even an excuse here as any defensives here will be back up when you need them. The number of 1-shots is appalling. You should sit some of them down and talk with why they are taking repeated annihilates.