Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Nintendo's last good console?

In your opinion, what was Nintendo's last great console? Was it the SNES? The Gamecube? The N64? Personally, I'm firmly in the Gamecube camp.

Nintendo never stopped making good consoles. The wii-u is fine it just suffered from really bad and confusing marketing and a shitty starting lineup.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wii U is doing pretty well

Gotta say, that 3DS and Wii (regular) did amazingly well

Game Cube, it did alright

N64, pretty good, not bad, good memories

I think you get the point

Deleted
    Gamecube, most wide variety of gamestyles & best controller. I can't recall 1 controller that has outlasted my gamecube controller, not to mention it also had a superb wireless controller.

SNES is my all-time favorite, but I also really enjoyed the GameCube and the Wii U.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Id say I had the most fun with the N64.

But I think im biased because the N64 era was the last time I really enjoy consoles and don't really play consoles at all ever since the mid-late 90s, everything after that has been "meh".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

This would be my answer as well.

I mean just because it's lacking all the murder simulators that are so popular with "core gamers" it doesn't mean that the console is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I guess nowadays we base sales on how good a product is, I guess I shouldn't be surprised with how many people buy something new just to be with the cool kids.

I think the Wii was mostly a letdown but the Wii U has a lot going for despite its horrific start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of motion controls and the Wii/Wii U's attempts at gimmicky stuff. I hated the Gamecube controller, and still do. I'd say the DS and iterations of it. Seems to have a high percentage of good-quality games.

To me, Nintendo's golden age was the gameboy color and advance. But that's because i miss playing pokemon for hours and hours (i cant get into the new ones)

10+ Year Old Account
    N64 was the best console with the greatest game ever made ! (Golden eyes, pokemon stadium, majora mask and more more more)
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Deleted
    Wii U :P

It's had a real slow start, but the gems are coming out.

rose tinted glasses one would be the SNES. NES was great of course but only because it was the big leap forward in home consoles and all that.

N64 was good, Gamecube was a solid one. Have to say i really disliked the first Wii. With their goofy controllers and all that. They just cant leave well enough alone, atleast the Gamecube controllers worked for most games on it though. Perhaps if Nintendo had made the original Wii controllers rechargeable it would have left a bit of a better taste... One thing Sony sure got right was adding the rechargeable controllers. Those have completely spoiled me to the point i refuse to buy any console that doesnt have rechargeable controllers like Sony's. had thought about getting one of those Ouya's mostly for emulation... oh it takes AAs for the controllers...oh well guess i will just continue to use my PC for emulation.(yeah i know the PS3 controllers will work with it for the most part)

Have yet to use a Wii U, if its just a Wii with some better hardware and an even more stupid controller(screen in a big ass pad of a controller....) then will i will likely have to say the Gamecube.(would place Snes over N64 after that though)
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

As of today, SNES has the best games, gameplay-wise. Wii U has some excellent titles coming up. Personally, I have enjoyed every console they've released. I may not have had very many games on the GameCube or Wii, but I never thought I wasted my money after purchasing them.

7+ Year Old Account
    So far i'm digging the WiiU.

The last good one to me was the 3DS. The system itself works well and is a solid upgrade of their handheld consoles complimented with many great games.

The Wii is a bunch of meh filled with tons of shovelware games. There are some gems though so if we're talking games it did fair.

N64 had some of the best games in my eyes. Gamecube itself was fine, but there were only a handful of great games.

SNES was great, NES was fair, Gameboy color and advance was solid, everything else is not worth mentioning even if they were stepping stones to better consoles.
    Stay salty my friends.

Here comes the n-n-n-nostalgia!!!
    No favorites here, equal time playing each of them during their limelight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wii U and 3ds until I can get a new 3ds to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Devorawn View Post
    Wii U :P

It's had a real slow start, but the gems are coming out.
    Can you name some? This thread has piqued my interest in the Wii U.