The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlock WOD proff choices.

For a couple of expansions now, profession choices for min-maxing raiders has been quite clear (to me at least). you either went the static gain route of JC and BS, or the stats on demand route of tailoring and (no idea, never bothered).

how about in WOD ? any indications of which combos are gonna be beneficial ? specially now that the perks are gone, but there must be some proffs that will benefit us (in regards to raiding) in a way better than others.

Deleted
    If you have max inscription on three max level chars, you have a chance to craft yourself an epic weapon before raiding begins.
    Same with tailoring. You need three chars to craft an upgraded epic fast enough. But socketed heroic dungeon loot is better than crafted armor anyway.

Have fun

LW offers "Drums of Speed." The buff is 15% movement speed for 30 seconds on a 120 second cooldown; it applies to all party/raid members within 40 yards. Frankly, I do not know why guilds would not require at least four LWs for 100% uptime.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Disappointing; I rescind my recommendation.

I personally went with Tailoring/Enchanting.

Engineering will also be useful at the start of WoD simply because engineer goggles are always really good in the first tier. I'm not sure whether or not the WoD engineer goggles are overbudgeted for their ilvl like the Mists goggles were, but I wouldn't doubt they'll be damn useful for challenge modes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    If you have max inscription on three max level chars, you have a chance to craft yourself an epic weapon before raiding begins.
    Same with tailoring. You need three chars to craft an upgraded epic fast enough. But socketed heroic dungeon loot is better than crafted armor anyway.

Have fun
    so heroic dungeon gear is treated like epic gear from raids? as in having a chance for all kinds of additional stats including sockets?

really hoping sockets are gonna be rare...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    so heroic dungeon gear is treated like epic gear from raids? as in having a chance for all kinds of additional stats including sockets?

really hoping sockets are gonna be rare...
    Dungeon loot can roll multiple bonus's e.g. warforged and a socket.

So your BiS Dungeon Loot for each respective slot will have the two most desired secondary stats, be warforged and have a socket.

Have fun grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post

So your BiS Dungeon Loot for each respective slot will have the two most desired secondary stats, be warforged and have a socket.

Have fun grinding.
    Yea, while I'm not a fan of the RNG BiS list, I'll probably just try to shrug it off until I get into Mythic, maybe Heroic. I'm going to lose enough sanity trying to RNG my BiS list at those higher levels of difficulty, no use sweating the small stuff on the way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    Engineering will also be useful at the start of WoD simply because engineer goggles are always really good in the first tier. I'm not sure whether or not the WoD engineer goggles are overbudgeted for their ilvl like the Mists goggles were, but I wouldn't doubt they'll be damn useful for challenge modes again.
    Unless they make a special exception for cogwheel gems, the engineering helm will be garbage for CMs because they are disabling gems in WoD CMs (probably to prevent the issues where gear rolled with a socket is BiS for CMs). Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0447?page=2#30

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tertiary stats as well as gems will be disabled inside Draenor Challenge Modes. Not all of that is currently functional, but it will be soon.

If there are other questions or a desire to discuss the nature or purpose of Challenge Modes as a system, please start a new thread and we can read it and chime in where possible. I'd love to keep this thread focused on dungeon-specific feedback and firsthand accounts of Challenge runs on beta.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2014-09-23 at 03:42 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I have been Enchanting and Tailoring forever it seems. Thinking of dropping one or both for gathering professions. I have another lock (580 alt lol) that I would feed herbs to for pots/flasks to supply to my main lock for raids. The other profession I could just farm mats and sell for a shit load at the start of WoD. Just waiting for more info on the line up for the xpac to see if there is anything that I would miss out on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post

Have fun grinding.
    The sockets however are so incredibly strong that you should really only go for sockets on every slot first.
    Those 160 stat gems increase your total secondary stats by something like 80% in heroic dungeon gear. That's even better than normal mode raid loot.

Did I miss it or did they take the 1 min cd engineering glove int/agi/str bonus out or at least not having a lvl 100 equivalent? If so what is going to make engineering a competitive profession for a raider? Sure it has QoL stuff aplenty but that's not min/max.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Did I miss it or did they take the 1 min cd engineering glove int/agi/str bonus out or at least not having a lvl 100 equivalent? If so what is going to make engineering a competitive profession for a raider? Sure it has QoL stuff aplenty but that's not min/max.

All profession bonuses were removed. No more extra gems for BS, no bonus proc for Tailors, no Crit from Skinng, nothing.

I am on the fence about engineering. I will keep tailoring but I don't know yet about engineering. I may keep it for first tier (to get goggles and craft some BoE nitro boots and cloak enchants to have for my gear later) and then change it to something else. Maybe alchemy.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    I swapped enchanting for inscription, tailoring is my other one. Inscription will give a 655 weapon and trinket and tailoring a 655 on any slot except rings/neck/trinket/weapon. Seemed the best choice for me. I'll have an inscription alt to make sure i can make both the weapon and the trinket, otherwise might only have time for 1 of them.
    Sucks that you can only have 3 crafted items equipped at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Sucks that you can only have 3 crafted items equipped at any time.
    It does, but it also means players are going to have to work to get gear, rather than spending gold.

Quote Originally Posted by opath View Post
    For a couple of expansions now, profession choices for min-maxing raiders has been quite clear (to me at least). you either went the static gain route of JC and BS, or the stats on demand route of tailoring and (no idea, never bothered).

how about in WOD ? any indications of which combos are gonna be beneficial ? specially now that the perks are gone, but there must be some proffs that will benefit us (in regards to raiding) in a way better than others.
    engi has always been the best by far, followed by tailoring and blacksmith. JC in MoP was one of the worst ..... ahead of mining and skinning ... behind herbalism. JC isn't as good because it's not a static stat gain like the others, it's a static stat gain that removes your ability to socket appropriately, thus reducing your stats slightly in most cases. None of that matters in WoD though, just letting you know that warlocks didn't go JC and BS, because JC sucked, they went engi / tailor for min/maxing.

In WoD prob engi and alch will give a slight advantage at the beginning, for the goggles and trinket, and engi is always good for the rocket boots and glider. Inscript and tailor will also be good.