Thread: WoD PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Seems Warrior and Mages are in a league of there own with the rest all good but not as amazing..thoughts?
    Rogues, boomkins and ferals (+spriest in 3s) are much stronger than mages and warrs. Feral is actually broken as fk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    This, a million times this, beta is beta. PTR is PTR.
    people still say this with a straight face? i thought it was a running joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vholu View Post
    You guys do realize that PvP balance won't even start until PvE tuning is done?
    what balance? the game IS tuned for PvE... PvP gets sweeping absolutes (b.fatigue..resil changes..etc.). if they balanced PvP, FoTM wouldnt be a relevant acronym.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I also like to make vague statments and not back them up with any further information...

Anyway, thank god for glad spec lols :///

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Number tuning isn't finished.
    I think this response is ignorant. Time and time again a class is unbalanced in beta and almost 100% of the time that class makes it to live almost the same. And we all know once it goes live hard changes will not happen until the next beta, minor nerfs at best.

See MOP warriors, hunters?

@OP I have not heard once mages and warriors were op like rogues and ferals are and by the looks of it boomkins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IISlayerxII View Post
    don't worry blizzard loves the noobfest huntards, if its not the million ccs then its going to be something else, so don't worry...
    I really do hope hunters are as stupid as they're on live. They're by far the most OP class. To make it worse they are ridiculously easy to play well which just a joke.

Ret, Ret, Ret. looks the best it ever has in PvP. Imma be throwing hammers still like i have been Since Late BC and still getting 2k+ whether they are bad or not. and the good news is Ret looks really good right about now.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh and this thread will be about whatever I please. Don't make me turn this bitch into a Spiderman thread.

Seems Warrior and Mages are in a league of there own with the rest all good but not as amazing..thoughts?
    So far i've seen on many posts that mage should be kinda sucky.

And when it come to warriors..i really hope thats wrong. God how i would hate another season full of faceroll warriors............................

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Huntards and warriors were OP in panda beta, they were just as OP when pandas went live, and remained OP until the end of pandas. "This is just beta" excuse doesn't fly. What's OP now in beta will most likely remain OP when wod goes live.
    Unless of course you're talking Moonkins, who looked awesome in WOTLK beta, but then Rogues cried about Starfall and being pulled out of stealth. Or back in Cata beta when Druid Thorns actually made people think twice about blowing CDs when opening on your Druid.

My point? It's all about what class you play. Some will always get love, and some will constantly need to be "fixed" in the form of nerfs. Warriors and Mages consistently get buffs, and the only "nerfs" they receive aren't really nerfs because they're just adjustments to bring them back into the realm of reality--until the next buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Ret, Ret, Ret. looks the best it ever has in PvP. Imma be throwing hammers still like i have been Since Late BC and still getting 2k+ whether they are bad or not. and the good news is Ret looks really good right about now.
    Rets will be nerfed hard. Blizzard always does excellent job of making sure that rets are trash all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

i am very excited for WoD pvp. all of the classes are good when piloted the right way, even if they are slightly under dogged.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Rets will be nerfed hard. Blizzard always does excellent job of making sure that rets are trash all the time.
    Well to be fair we all know OP Paladin's are if their damage is high. The CC, the heals, the immunities, and other utilities. If you do the same damage as a lot of other classes in PvP it's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    Well to be fair we all know OP Paladin's are if their damage is high. The CC, the heals, the immunities, and other utilities. If you do the same damage as a lot of other classes in PvP it's just ridiculous.
    Rets are only dangerous during wings. Rets are also very easy to cc or just run away from until wings go down, then they're little bitches again. Ret is a support spec, not a damage one, they're supposed to do a bit of everything without wings and a lot of something for a short duration while wings are up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Rets are only dangerous during wings. Rets are also very easy to cc or just run away from until wings go down, then they're little bitches again. Ret is a support spec, not a damage one, they're supposed to do a bit of everything without wings and a lot of something for a short duration while wings are up.
    their dmg outside of wings is really good in wod. this being the case: by your own logic, rets are op in wod (i actually dont think rets are op in wod, but they are really good).

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    their dmg outside of wings is really good in wod. this being the case: by your own logic, rets are op in wod (i actually dont think rets are op in wod, but they are really good).
    Less damage/healing during wings, more when wings are down would be a sound way to balance rets as a damage spec, but Blizzard thinks that would just homogenize rets and make them play like warriors and dks and hesistate to do it. Also, lots of ret players like ret's current state and even tell people to play warriors if they want to do great damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did a BG on PTR as a monk.

WHY the !@#$ have they not nerfed Burst of Speed INTO the freaking ground yet? I was fighting a rogue and I could literally not kill him because everytime he opened up on me, he just fucking ran away like the little bitch he was.

Why did they freaking remove Spinning Fire Blossom just to keep Burst of Speed in the game? I could literally not catch up to him EVER because of his constant spam of burst of speed everytime I snared him and got back onto him. It's actually ridiculous.

How can blizzard not see that burst of speed is broken as fuck? Damn this is soooo freaking annoying...

If burst of speed makes it into WoD, which it will because they literally have no clue, then you might as well give rogues an insta win vs any melee comp.

Burst of Speed is the reason casters through computers at the wall...which is not good for the computer or the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burst of Speed is the reason casters through computers at the wall...which is not good for the computer or the wall.
    It's not just the reason why casters throw their computers at the wall. It's also melee. It's impossible for me to catch up with a rogue now once he's out of a stun because I no longer have abilities like Spinning Fire Blossom, which I think is OK because it was a relatively clutch ability which was annoying as F to deal with as a caster and well, other melee as well, but burst of speed currently is -really- out of control. Even with its 30 energy cost that was shown in the latest patch notes I believe, it's still something rogues can literally spam in order to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    It's not just the reason why casters throw their computers at the wall. It's also melee. It's impossible for me to catch up with a rogue now once he's out of a stun because I no longer have abilities like Spinning Fire Blossom, which I think is OK because it was a relatively clutch ability which was annoying as F to deal with as a caster and well, other melee as well, but burst of speed currently is -really- out of control. Even with its 30 energy cost that was shown in the latest patch notes I believe, it's still something rogues can literally spam in order to run away.
    Holinka Logic : BoS not OP in 33s and therefore it is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

PvP tuning won't happen until 3 weeks into the season usually. However, this time it'll coincide with the holidays. So don't expect things to happen until January.

Yes, I'm cynical. This is my third WoW beta. Nothing has changed in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    PvP tuning won't happen until 3 weeks into the season usually. However, this time it'll coincide with the holidays. So don't expect things to happen until January.

Yes, I'm cynical. This is my third WoW beta. Nothing has changed in that time.
    I keep fucking saying this but some idiots keep saying "beta is beta", as if we hadn't danced this dance before.