Question What are some good old mounts to get?

Just found out I was eligible for a 10 day MoP trial. I still won't get WoD, but I might as well try the game out.

What's a good mount I can farm out in 10 days solo? I want the ICC drake but I don't know when that is soloable.

I am going to be running my lvl 81 Blood DK or my lvl 85 Arcane Mage. At what point in the MoP progression does the gear get so silly that you can solo ICC or Ulduar at least?

I could also try to farm my sethekk halls Druid mount, but that will take forever.

You should be able to solo all WotLK instances now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure that you can do all of the achievments in ICC solo. Will still probably need at least a group of 5 players to do some of the achievs. But if you just wanted to solo to kill the bosses that can easily be done in ICC. You can farm for alar as well in tempest keep.

can work on your BC drake via quest lines that should only take a week or so
    can farm kara at the first boss for the horsey
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Solo'ing ICC and Ulduar on heroic is not as easy as most people think. Even with gear you will still die until you work out a strategy and even then RNG is usually key. That's why you always see groups forming in trade. A lot of dungeons have nice mounts and can easily be solo'd. Vitreous Stone Drake. Blue Proto Drake.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Taneo said, just get a group of 5-6 good people together and do it like that.
    Not all classes can solo and the achievements require specific time-management and placement.

I did it 3 years ago with a group of 5 max level peeps and we were done in 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by NigelTeapot View Post
    Just found out I was eligible for a 10 day MoP trial. I still won't get WoD, but I might as well try the game out.

What's a good mount I can farm out in 10 days solo? I want the ICC drake but I don't know when that is soloable.

I am going to be running my lvl 81 Blood DK or my lvl 85 Arcane Mage. At what point in the MoP progression does the gear get so silly that you can solo ICC or Ulduar at least?

I could also try to farm my sethekk halls Druid mount, but that will take forever.
    Your DK would be the better of the two classes to solo on, just get to level 90 + some ToT gear.

Deleted
    Warcraftmounts.com is a very helpful site

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelTeapot View Post
    You don't need a druid to run for the raven mount anymore. Just take whichever toon you like,
    put dungeon on heroic, kill bird boss = profit. Good luck!

With your 85 mage, it won't take more than 7-10minutes tops and then you just port out.