Final Fantasy XV Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COZ4VDy5D0A

I dunno how to embed videos in here, but anyways this was the weirdest looking Final Fantasy game I've ever seen. This video is from the Tokyo Game Show I believe.

Pros: It looks amazing, the music sounded great, the fighting looks exciting.

Cons: The weird Hangover vibe with the 4 guys driving around in a car(i know there were cars in FF7), their terrible haircuts(also not a new thing), and the seeming lack of any playable female characters.

I dunno where they are headed with this series anymore, but it is definitely one of the best looking games to me, just does not feel like Final Fantasy.

the wierd thing is one of the dudes in the car sounds like natsu from fairy tale the animation...

What defines a Final Fantasy game though? Most of them minus the first few are very different in themes. Pretty much the only thing that is similar are the enemies and magic. I can't wait for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    the wierd thing is one of the dudes in the car sounds like natsu from fairy tale the animation...
    it is natsu from fairy tale.. he voices Prompto the blonde guy i believe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    What defines a Final Fantasy game though? Most of them minus the first few are very different in themes. Pretty much the only thing that is similar are the enemies and magic. I can't wait for this.
    Yeah I just think it's the whole roadtrip thing that threw me off. I was more a fan of the steampunk / magical kind of worlds in FF6 and 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't liked the actual character designs in the past couple entries and this one is no exception. However, I actually like the idea of having one of the games set in a semi-realistic modern world with fantasy/classic FF elements thrown into it. The only other game to come close to that was Final Fantasy 8 and that was still more futuristic then this one seems to be coming along as. Hopefully the world actually is fairly large and has lots to explore in it, which the trailer seems to imply. The Tales series seems to be taking that route for its next entry so hopefully Square makes a return of it as well. Also, while I am sure the game play will be somewhat closer to Kingdom Hearts, the actual trailer makes it seem like it plays sort of like Xenoblade Chronicles.

I really love the new trailer. I got a PS4 just for this game.
    Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
    Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

The only game of 2015 that will give the Witcher 3 a run for it's money.

Looking forward to it; only two issues: one; it doesn't feel very Final Fantasy, and second; for a game that's going for a realistic look, those oversized swords left over from VII look very odd and out of place.

Just capture my heart like you did with your others. Bring back the feel, depth, and choices mattering like in 6. RIP Shadow, my bad man.
    Bring back the fun side-quests like in 7. Come on, Golden Saucer. Freaking black chocobo! And the breeding was cool too, giving the game an interesting progression mechanic.
    Bring back the unique feel of 8, with its futuristic setting and cool gunblades. Gunblades are sick.
    Bring back the cuteness of 9 and incorporate it in a way that still feels worthwhile, making us feel like kids again.
    Bring the feels of 10, and the mini-games, like Blitzball! And invent a language like Al Bhed.

But mostly, make it open world and non-linear. Linearity makes my heart cry. Give us 20 different ways to end the game.

/dream

Or...FF15: GTA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I'm looking forward to it solely because it's Final Fantasy. But my hopes aren't high. I'd love to see them get back to the more traditional fantasy theme some day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Just capture my heart like you did with your others. Bring back the feel, depth, and choices mattering like in 6. RIP Shadow, my bad man.
    Bring back the fun side-quests like in 7. Come on, Golden Saucer. Freaking black chocobo! And the breeding was cool too, giving the game an interesting progression mechanic.
    Bring back the unique feel of 8, with its futuristic setting and cool gunblades. Gunblades are sick.
    Bring back the cuteness of 9 and incorporate it in a way that still feels worthwhile, making us feel like kids again.
    Bring the feels of 10, and the mini-games, like Blitzball! And invent a language like Al Bhed.

But mostly, make it open world and non-linear. Linearity makes my heart cry. Give us 20 different ways to end the game.

/dream

Or...FF15: GTA?

I agree with everything you have said lol

I think my biggest regret is I won't be able to play this game. For good or ill, I really want to see if SE has learned to deliver what fans ask for.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥