Exclamation Need your opinion on gear

So, before we start, I know I am a newb and I made some n00b mistakes. Don't bother calling me a noob please and thank you.

No lets get on with it, shall we?

I am seriously lacking in gear. My hunters max health is 326k and thats because I got stuck with crap gear when I leveled to 90. When I leveled to 90 I had all of the Osul Peak gear from the Townlong Steppes. What do you think I should do? I am not really strong enough to do anything! I continue to die on Isle of Thunder and I have no chance on Timeless Isle really. So I could use some advice. Thanks all.

Run random BGs (Or, the CTA BG that your faction always wins, ie AV for Alliance/SotA for Horde) for 4 hours and buy a full set of 522 pvp gear. This will allow you to 1. immedietly start running SoO flex and 2. start running rated PvP for a set of 550 (which you can also get in a mere four hours of rated pvp).

Do not go to Timeless Isle; it takes well over 10 hours of grinding to get a full set of 535, which is useless in PvP if you which to upgrade to 550 and the 522 pvp gear is only marginally less powerful in PvE for just four hours of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Run random BGs (Or, the CTA BG that your faction always wins, ie AV for Alliance/SotA for Horde) for 4 hours and buy a full set of 522 pvp gear. This will allow you to 1. immedietly start running SoO flex and 2. start running rated PvP for a set of 550 (which you can also get in a mere four hours of rated pvp).

Do not go to Timeless Isle; it takes well over 10 hours of grinding to get a full set of 535, which is useless in PvP if you which to upgrade to 550 and the 522 pvp gear is only marginally less powerful in PvE for just four hours of play.
    I would agree with the rest but the bold. If he needs equipment, he should attend the world bosses on Timeless Isle with 1 seal pr. week as bonus roll. There is just a lot of chance for good upgrades as well as gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Running heroic dungeons is faster though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios and random heroic dungeons to start, or you could search for rares on Timeless Isle and just tag them once other people engage it. Alternatively you could also go the route of PvP and farm up honor gear (or buy some crafted, fairly certain it is 476 ilvl for pvp blues).
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-09-22 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

If you don't want to do pugs and don't particularly care for PVP anymore (I stopped doing BG's and stuff last year), you could follow what I did, when I came back last month with a new account, and hit 90: Step 1: Get one of those keys to do the solo scenario for the bonus roll coins in the old LFR's, get as many as you can. Go to the timeless isle, do the world boss there, do the quests, open all the treasure chests you can, tag rares, etc, as soon as your ilvl is enough, queue for the first LFR, you'll probably wind up with a bucket load of gear as the drop rates in the older LFR's have been raised a good bit, and almost always a bonus roll will give you something now. (at least in my experience), so you probably will only have to run them once. Maybe twice. If by then, with the Timeless Isle and LFR, you're not at 496 (or if you just want to do it), do the Throne of Thunder LFR's. If by then you're STILL not at 496, see what you can get with justice that might help boost your ilvl. If you manage to get a burden of eternity on the timeless isle and use it, or you get something good from the celestials, also consider using the item upgrade on it to also boost your ilvl.

If you're someone who has zero intention of pugging, is in an inactive guild, and doesn't wanna bother doing any PVP, this method seems the best to me and it didn't seem to take much time at all. Not to mention you'll get to see a lot of different content while doing so.

You can go with the Dungeon Finder and in raids and buy gear with justice points and from the faction quartermasters and upgrade items with valor points. PvP gear with honor and conquest points.

Pirate Cody.. You can most def go to the isle and run amok!! I do it to all my alts. What i would suggest though is this. Find a map or addon for the chests for timeless isle. You literally just run around and open chests. Chest have a very high chance of dropping timeless isle gear you can instantly use. All you need to do is run around and collect chests. As a hunter you should have no issues and can feign death if need be. This map would be a great starting place for you to begin the looting!!!

w w w.sleepercartel.com/images/gallery/Timeless_Isle_Treasure_Map.jpg